Ultimate Bass with KB

Rich reeser

Ultimate Bass with KB

Post by Rich reeser »

Had a great time at Gone Fishing Marine last night. Over 70 anglers in attendence. It all start with Mark and his crew putting out a large spread of
hors d'oeuvors. Kent had 4 TD's from 4 different circuits that all confirmed
that they would be there to speak about their circuits. You know kind of sell themselves and help draw more participation to there circuit. Well all it would of took was just 1 guy to show up and he would of had a monopoly. Well the grand tally was a big fat "O", guess with all the circuits out there everyone must be
happy with their numbers.
Since we had no speakers, on with the fun and games. They had quite the competition going with one on one in a flip & pitch contest. Followed by another huge raffle with great prizes, rods, oil, quite a few autographed Skeet Reese crank baits, lures, plastics and much more all at no cost. You guys really need to stop by at the next seminar. Half way through the raffle Kent asked for a show of hands of the participants that have never won a raffle prize, not one hand went in the air, lots of winners and some great speakers with the exception of last night. There will not be a class in Janurary because of the ISE show, so put them on your calendar for Feburary.
Gary Dobyns

Re: Ultimate Bass with KB

Post by Gary Dobyns »

No tournament directors??????????????? Damn shame really. Most think promoting is listing tourney dates on their websites and making a few posts on our two Norcal sites. Terrible!!
szuloaga

Post by szuloaga »

Gary, PM sent.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Got it and sent back. Thanks.
kb

Post by kb »

Yes it was a shame that after each of the four tournament directors that we invited either backed out, or just didn't show up after there were 75 plus anglers there that wanted to hear what they had to present we had a great seminar, flippin contest and food. The crew at Gone Fishin does a great job in hosting this class and all of the great folks that attend every month. Some new folks as well last night and looking forward to some great seminars in 2011 at Ultimate Bass University.

See all of you at the ISE show
kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Jeff Huth

Post by Jeff Huth »

Unbelievable !
In today's tough tournament market I would think that ANY promoter would jump at a event like this. Thanks needs to go out to KB and Mark for putting it together and I agree with BDO, shame on the org's for not sending representation.
roaroar

Post by roaroar »

I was there for Ultimate Bass and as normal a great time. I ask Mark how many and he said 82. For this close to the Holidays that is a great turn out. You could tell that many had been working on their pitching tech for there were no ding boats.
I was looking forward to hearing from the TD's but as you can see now not a one showed up. Not sure why, I can only guess. Dixon is not to for off the beaten path. Guess I will have to dig thru the internet to see what is happening for 2011.
Kent maybe you should start your on Circuit. You could do your Radio show from the docks during sign-in's. Go to 6 or more different locations during the year. Don't have it tied to any other National organization. No memberships, No monthly publication you have to have, just come fish and compete.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I rest my case.....
OG on WB since 1993
Levy

Post by Levy »

Could somebody please let me know which 4 ORGS/Regions made the commitment and then did not show.

Thanks
tbob

Post by tbob »

I asked Billy Egan about this. Steve Moduno is the only team tournament director we have who lives anywhere close to Gone Fishing Marine, so Billy called him. Just to be clear he was not invited to attend this event.

I think when you throw out there that 4 TD's were invited from vatious organizations and they didn't show up that everyone assumes you are talking about AC, NBW, WON BASS and ABA. I have no idea who was invited and who didn't show up, but we were not invited. If we had been invited we likley would have been there if Steve's schedule allowed for it. It sounds like it was a great event, and opportunity for a TD to make a case to a didcated group of anglers. We would definitely not say we would be there as a seminar speaker and not show up.

Steve Moduno is doing a good job and is working hard to grow his two regions. He was up a bit at his first event and we are getting some good feedback and he seems to be turning things around. We are likewise working with all our TD's to improve the programs in many regards. We have a very exciting sponsor announcment that Billy Egan will be making later today, and we have many more things in the works. So despite the doom and gloom forecast surrounding bass tournaments that we all hear, we are very excited about the upcoming season, and the future of organized bass fishing events at WON BASS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!
Bob Twilegar
sTony

Post by sTony »

It's a shame when orgs feel they have to come in to defend themselves. My apologies, Bob and WON Bass, and any other org that feels they got thrown under a bus. :(

sTony
kb

Post by kb »

Not throwing anyone under a bus Tony! I did not mention and will not mention who the organizations were but I will tell you that it was not WON Bass. Here lies the problem I didn't mention anything about it but I have been getting all the calls. One of the org's said he overbooked that night, one got sick, one had a family committment that he thought he might have and one never showed up.

Hope that next time we do this and we will they will try to make an effort to get someone there....that is all.

Not wanting to piss off any org's but that is what happened, busy time of year, and just one of many promotions that will be going on in the next six months that I hope get good attendence and support, hope the tournaments fill up the fish all bite good in 2011 for everyone!

kb
sTony

Post by sTony »

I never said you did, Kent. But that was the effect that the thread apparently had. I was apologizing as its negativity in a thread that I don't know what we, as board admins and mods, could have done anything to prevent.

sTony
tbob

Post by tbob »

Kent

I didn't mean to throw you under the bus, and I apoligize if it came across that way. I agree with you that this was not acceptable, which is why I immediately asked Billy Egan about it when I read your post.

The anglers who showed up made a big effort and obviously things didn't go as planned. It sounds like you made the best of it and everyone had a great evening at GONE FISHING MARINE, but I understand why you would be upset.

I wasn't upset with you in any way at all, but I thought that your post would lead most to think that WON BASS was likely one of the four tournament organizations that left you without a speaker, and that wasn't the case. So I was just clearing that up.

I heard you talking to Billy Egan just a bit ago about Shasta. Did you hear we got our boat comitment we just got from NITRO and Mercury today ? We now will have a boat for both the northern and southern teams winner at the TRI-STATES, and a boat for the winner of the PRO and AAA division at the WESTERN CLASSSIC ! In addition we will have the improved cash reserve plan, other commitments from fishing tackle and other sponsors, and there are other ( major) things we have pending. We think we have a tremendous program shaping up.

Have a great Christmas.

Bob Twilegar
kb

Post by kb »

That is awesome that WON Bass has gotten the sponsor boats for their end of year events and the US Open. In this era of the marine business that is a big deal!!!!!

I also want to thank WON Bass for the memberships and the Flipsta game they donated to the Ultimate Bass University Class. Might be able to hook up a few of you with the Flipsta games in the near future....working on it with the WON guys.........

Merry Christmas Bob and I am sure the timing of the Nitro/Mercury announcement was a nice present for you guys and the WON Bass anglers

kb