Abu Garcia Veritas/Verdict

flipit

Abu Garcia Veritas/Verdict

Post by flipit »

If you have not checked em out Id suggest doing so. Its an awesome rod, extremely light, very sensitive, and the Verdict has the adjustable butt handle. It is by far the best buy for the money. Ive been fishing em for a couple weeks and they are amazing. Compare your own rod and reel choice to a Veritas or Verdict with your reel. I believe you will be suprised. Great extra rod in the boat without breaking the bank, or a full arsenal.
Fishing should be fun.
calfisher71

Re: Abu Garcia Veritas/Verdict

Post by calfisher71 »

Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
new2bassfishin

Post by new2bassfishin »

Which one would be the best for a flip/pitch rod? I got some gift cards to use up.
flipit

Post by flipit »

new2bassfishin wrote:Which one would be the best for a flip/pitch rod? I got some gift cards to use up.

The actions and models are the same. The difference is the material and look. The Verdict is gonna be lighter and a tad more sensitive. My suggestion is if you dont mind spending the extra 30-40 $ Id get the Verdict. That said the Veritas is a great rod. It is lighter then many more expensive rods. I always suggest you go to the tackle shop and put your reel on both, see what feels better to you.
I really like the MH in 7'6", which will be good up to an ounce, the H if you want a heavier rating.

There is also a rebate/promo going on if ya buy a rod and reel.
http://www.seanwaymanfishing.com/2011/0 ... -jan-2011/
Fishing should be fun.
new2bassfishin

Post by new2bassfishin »

what about the vendetta how are they?
flipit

Post by flipit »

The Vendetta is also a good rod, it is part of the same line. It is just a bit heavier then the Veritas. Talked to many people that love the Vendetta. You really cant go wrong with any of them, they are all good rods. Just depends on what ya want to spend.
Fishing should be fun.
bayscotter

Post by bayscotter »

I have both Vendetta and Veritas models in 7' Med spinning gear. The Vendetta is noticibly heavier. Both are good. Spend the extra 30 beans for the Veritas it's worth it.
new2bassfishin

Post by new2bassfishin »

bayscotter wrote: Spend the extra 30 beans for the Veritas it's worth it.
Its reall only 10 more bucks from the 7-6 H vendetta to the 7-6 MH veritas. So the 7-6 MH veritas would work good for flipping and pitching the normal stuff (nothing extreme).??? Or do you need the Heavy action?
flipit

Post by flipit »

I prefer the MH, and it is $99 for the Veritas.
Fishing should be fun.