New Look at WesternBass.com

wayneg
Westernbass.com Staff

New Look at WesternBass.com

Post by wayneg »

Welcome Everyone,

First I would like to sincerely thank all of you for your comments on the last post I did about purchasing Westernbass.com They were all very kind!

Now let's get down to business.

My first goal:

Create a new look and feel for the web site.  We have been working on changing the look and feel of WesternBass.com for the past month.  The new site will be up Monday February 7th.  I hope you will all like the new look.  The idea was to make all the pages work the same.  The forums, classified and signature pages (FCS) will look different but they all work the same as they do now.  The only change is the header page and the sponsor advertising.  

Speaking of advertising,  as all of you know, without our GREAT SPONSORS, this site would not function.  I really ask all of you to sincerely support all our sponsors.  To get our sponsors more involved in the site, we created a rollover ad in the (FCS) areas of the site.  What this does is whenever you roll your mouse over a sponsor's ad, a pop-up window shows.  My plan is to have all our sponsors change to the pop-up window ads and offer their services, products, specials etc. on a monthly basis to all westernbass.com visitors.  Hopefully this will entice you to get more involved with the sponsors and their services and get our sponsors more active in participating with you. I also welcome several new sponsors!

My second goal:

Create an environmental page.  I firmly believe that if we are not educated about our sport and its environmental impact, then we are all going down the wrong path.  This section of the site is designed to educate all of us on the water, lake and issues we all hear about but sometimes can't find the answer to.  I have asked Dennis Lee who many of you know is very astute in this subject to head this section.  He has agreed and I am really excited to have Dennis on our team.  The new section is called, "If fish could talk".  

In the coming weeks and months Dennis will be writing articles along with many of his companions with all subjects related to theses issues.  I really hope that all of you will become truly tuned in on this and hopefully this will give us all a lot more knowledge on the subject so that we can educate fellow friends and fishermen.  PS - this will not be a political site - it will be educational!

My third goal:

To make the site more fun, I was given the right to electronically reproduce West Coast Bass Magazine from the early 80's thru 90's.  I thank Larry Viviano for allowing us to put the magazines up on our site.  This new section is called, Magazine Nostalgia.  When you click there, you will see the covers of the issues we have produced.  I will be putting about 15 of these old classic magazines up for all to enjoy.  All of them are really cool.  Please do remember that the magazines are reproductions of very old issues and all the ads are null and void.  You will really get a kick out of the high prices for boats in those days.  Enjoy!

Oh, ONE BIG REQUEST I HAVE FOR ALL OF YOU --- this website is a well oiled machine where the sponsors and fishermen co-mingle, so lets do our best to make comments positive and courteous!!!!!

My absolute goal is to make this site the best and most respectable place!  

WesternBass.com  "Where Fishermen Talk Fishing"
Gary Dobyns

Re: New Look at WesternBass.com

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Old West coast Bass? This ought to be funny. More hair, less fat and wrinkles :D :D
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Gary Dobyns wrote:Old West coast Bass? This ought to be funny. More hair, less fat and wrinkles :D :D

It's kinda cool Gary, I got a chance ta see some previews, you'll actually be able to flip thru the pages right on yer screen like yer reading the mag in yer lap. It will be perfect for you and yer 1 finger mouse clicking limitations on the puter! HAR!

Folks are gonna like what Wayne has instore for us here. He's bringing a number of new ideas and incorporating some of the technology that is his current day business. The new add concept is trick too, roll yer mouse of a banner, that sponsors special for WB viewers pops up in the middle of the page, and goes away once ya remove the mouse. No need to bounce from site to site to see weekly specials. It's all good and moving forward.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I knew Wayne would make changes. Good ideas and content. I'm sure there will be a few bumps :D but things sound good.

BTW, i got a bunch of comments about the ISE tank big gurl. All but one thought it was funny. One guy called me a bully :D , He wanted to know what i had against you :D :D Don't worry buddy i had your back :roll: :roll: :D :D
Rich hamilton

Re: New Look at WesternBass.com/Hey Gary

Post by Rich hamilton »

Great job on that show with Pack! You guys looked like you had fun kickin each other :) It was great to learn some stuff by just paying attention to what you guys were saying about weather conditions/ cover etc. Are you going to bring him up to Clear lake to tear into some toads? Richie Rich
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

yes just not sure when. I would like to do Delta also. I'll hide his GPS and get him lost :D
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

Sounds like some good stuff coming :) Having Dennis on board concerning issues of our sport and its environmental impact is a great idea. Looking forward to it :!:

DB
John Barron

Post by John Barron »

I'll be waiting with baited breath! ..............anchovies I think...........
jb
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
flipit

Post by flipit »

Wow! Great new look to the site.
Fishing should be fun.
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Great new look,looking forward to see the rest ideas you guys have.
2ndsuks

Post by 2ndsuks »

Love the new look Wayne, keep up the good work.
majorsyph

Post by majorsyph »

Looks good! where do you want feedback sent on bad links/images etc.?
wayneg
Westernbass.com Staff

Post by wayneg »

majorsyph wrote:Looks good! where do you want feedback sent on bad links/images etc.?
Thank you for the comments. We tried to check over all the links etc. before we put the new site up. I'm sure we missed a few! Anyway, I would appreciate any links etc problems to be sent to webmaster@westernbass.com
Thanks again wayneg
pigdestroyer

Post by pigdestroyer »

It looks great. Functionality seem really similar, so it shouldn't take too much getting use to. Nice Job guys (and girls?).
theviv

Post by theviv »

Great job Wayne the new look and format looks great. A good thing definitely just got better! The old west coast bass magazines have some great history of Bass fishing in the west. I'm glad to contribute a small part of your revised site with the old West Coast Bass magazines. There are a lot of great fisherman who no longer fish for one reason or another that the new guys could learn a few things from in the old magazines. I believe Bass fishing has cycled and is starting a whole new era and Western Bass.com will keep us all on top of things. I agree the forums need to stay positive as possible for us all to benefit and contribute to the future of the sport.
Larry Viviano
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

Like it 8)
TomAtkeson

Post by TomAtkeson »

Cool new look, when I first logged in I thought I had a finger fumble and went to the wrong website haha. Great look though I dig it!
Tom Atkeson
http://www.blackdogbaitco.com
http://www.tylurecustombaits.com
http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com
http://www.youtube.com/ibassfishing
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Looks awesome! Thanks Wayne for taking it to the next level. Glad to be and advertiser. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
DPetty

Post by DPetty »

I like the new look. It gives a real on the water feeling. Great job.
JohnnyG1

Post by JohnnyG1 »

:shock: :shock: WOW I like the new look. It looks great and very inviting, now if we can keep the negative talk down I think more people will join and has a chance to be a great site to get info and share info. Good job
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Good ideas and a nice job.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Gumpa

Post by Gumpa »

I havent posted in some time....The new look is Awsome! Good luck and thank you! :)
Grandkids. Fishing. What could be better? Watching them catch a big 1 Or hitting 1 out of the park. "Never give up" for the love of the game!
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

Obviously, a great look. But Wayne's understanding of the technology is going to raise the level of WB even higher. I think we are going to be witnessing some revolutionary stuff--and right here on the West's #1 site. I think I need to buy an ad...

gk
http://www.kramergonefishing.com
Mike Motley

Post by Mike Motley »

Great new look . I always read but never post. Change is hard sometimes but this change is new and exciting. Looking foreward to viewing the dated magazine articles.
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

I have been real busy but the look and changes are nice thanks for taking over
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
crankster123

Post by crankster123 »

Love the new look!! :D
Life is good today
-Zac Brown Band
SKTR 20i

Post by SKTR 20i »

So far I like what you have done on the site Wayne. Keep it up!!

John.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Looks great, good job.
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
800 BASSBOAT

Post by 800 BASSBOAT »

Wayne. How much fun is this ? From one old guy to another...GREAT JOB.
It's good to have you back in with the Brotherhood of the Bass I haad to laugh when I logged on and found the West Coast Bass Mag's. I was flipping through one of them and found an article on meet the angler and there was the 22 yr. old Kent Brown. Way to go Mavrick ! A couple of pages later there was a picture of my brother Ken and I winning Angler of the Year. What a hoot! Got to love it. Keep Tony ,Cooch and the boys busy. I look forward to working with you.
Best Wishes for Big Fishes
Stan Vanderburg
bassman1975

Post by bassman1975 »

Great new look! Keep up the good work.
crazychuy

Post by crazychuy »

Love the new look. It's a real nice change. Not saying it wasn't good before, Tony. But a change in the right direction with the right intentions is ALWAYS a good thing. Keep up the Awesome work. You're doing great. Looking forward to networking and learning more in the coming years.

Thanks,
Tony
Burke

Post by Burke »

The Magazine Nostalgia section is great. Read a couple of the magazines and it brought back memories. In the 1989 magazine, there's even an article regarding the possibility of a bleak future for the spotted bass at Lake Perris with the heavy fishing there and the introduction of Florida strain bass.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Like the layout however it should be looked at on hand held devices such as phones and tablets. It's not rendering right.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

dose anything work well on hand held devices?
just shut up and fish
Levy

Post by Levy »

jimmy87 wrote:dose anything work well on hand held devices?
Yes, I belong to a few other forums that show up perfectly on my handheld. Would love to be able to view Westernbass forums on my blackberry.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Looks fine on my blackberry. What kind of problems do you have with it? That's how most of my post are made being I seem to live at work now! :| :|
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
wayneg
Westernbass.com Staff

Post by wayneg »

Not sure what the problem is on a blackberry I am on my iPhone west of bridgebay on lake shasta answering this. I will do further testing when I get back to the office on Monday. One thing I know that does not work on the iPhone is any flash documents. Flash I believe is not supported on the iPhone. Not sure about flash on the blackberry? Other than that I can view read and in this case answer on this device! I can look at any page etc. On the westernbass.com site.
Wayneg

Sent from iPhone
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

Got to admit Wayneg that the new look is awesome. being one of the "Old Farts" from the late 90's when it was called N.C.B.F. it has come a Long way from then. use to pick up my videos from stony at his house LOL. I am more of a reader and looker now than a poster, but things do change some times for the best, don' they !!!!

See ya around the tulle's.

Guy :lol:
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
Jim VR

Post by Jim VR »

As a sponsor of this forum, I can't tell you how excited I am to see these changes. Wayne has gone way beyond to make this a great place to visit. He also has taken a lot time with me on the phone to explain things and set out a game plan. He is very proactive and knowledgeable.

Thanks Wayne!!!
Jim Van Ryn
The Rod Glove
www.therodglove.com