b.t.d. ?

kane-o

b.t.d. ?

Post by kane-o »

why is it that when you order something from b.t.d. and they are " out of stock " they just refund your money instead of just sending it when they get their product ? but yet tacklewarehouse will send you the back ordered item when they get it ?? pretty sad when b.t.d. does not have 25 packs of gami #4 e.w.g. hooks, and they send me a refund instead...WEAK :x
split172

Re: b.t.d. ?

Post by split172 »

Most people (like me) dont want to wait for it. I think its good customer service by returning your money immediately and not stringing you out thinking it will come shortly. I am sure you can call them and give them your money to hold onto.
bryanw80

Post by bryanw80 »

They should have called and gave him the option to keep them on back order or refund his money, but BTD has terrible service so that will not happen. Stick with Tackle Warehouse they are the best in the business.
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

BTD has the best online prices....and has the most sales.....
bryanw80

Post by bryanw80 »

Not true at all, TW has lower prices, better service, better sales and way faster shipping. I gave BTD a chance once and not only did they screw up my order, they took over a week to ship it to me in CA. Then when it finally showed up they did not include all of my order and did not credit the stuff I did not receive back to my my credit card for over a week. They are terrible.

N.A.R wrote:BTD has the best online prices....and has the most sales.....
basswest

Post by basswest »

Hey BryanW80, that is surely not the norm and I apologize if anything like that occurred. Tacklewarehouse, Monster Tackle, and many others are all good hard working companies, right along with BassTackleDepot. But our policy is to refund asap to out of stock items. Our system is actually a real time system and it should not allow a order of a particular item if we are out of stock, but errors do occur at all the sites listed. With the growth we have had in the last few years, we are always looking for ways to better our systems and procedures. Basstackledepot is not perfect and we have dropped the ball at times, but will always try to do the right thing and correct it. At the volume we are doing we will continue to learn and get better. In Polls we have done with our customers, the vast majority would like the money refunded asap. With our current sale running for 72 hours, we are on pace for approximately 2500 orders and will process them in record time. If we did not meet your expectations or need to address a error, we are there to take care of it. We have grown substantially every year, from employee's who truly work hard and care. Again, I apologize if we did not take care of a issue on a order and would hope that at some point you would look at our site in the future. Feel free to contact myself directly with any problems.

Good Fishing
Mark Mendez 408 396 8442
President
Bass Tackle Depot
froteur

Post by froteur »

BTD has ALWAYS taken care of things for me.

Perry
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

BTD has ALWAYS taken care of things for me.+1 I never had a problem BTD when I order tackle I always get the next day.But I do love going to the store and getting my tackle to me it's better than Bass Pro shop.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I think Mark has clarified why BTD has chosen the refund policy, I appreciate the real time inventory but stuff happens, a phone call and or refund is a good resolution vs waiting and waiting.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I have ordered from all three and every once in a while I have ordered something not in stock, normally it is something that was indicated as in stock on the site, but they ran out before my order was pulled..It has happened at each one of them and each one of them has dealt with it appropriately..I was either called or e-mailed asking if I would like a substitution, a refund or if I would care to wait ..I do not see this as a problem, I see it as service rendered as it should be..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

lots of good answers on this topic. but honestly mark, either call the customer, or just ship the back ordered item at a later date...i think i know why you do NOT SHIP THE B.O. ITEM...MONEY.. you would have to pay shipping again for 1 item.... tacklewarehouse has NEVER called me, but when the order arrives they note the back ordered item and it says when its going to be back in stock ready for shipping... i really did not need much, but the item i wanted most was the item the refunded... so i ordered at least the $50 so i can get the free shipping. now i need to find a local tackle shop, take the drive, and hope they have them ? i am pretty limited to only a few shops, and there all at least 1/2 hour drive... my reason for ordering on line... even if items are backordered, i know they will get here in a reasonable time... the ONLY TIME i have had to wait for an item from t.w. is when its a new item on the market, or something there taking orders for, and even then its only a matter of a couple of weeks, and its in the mail... depending on the size of the order and there have been times when t.w. will send an extra item to " due the right thing " and make the customer feel like he is their priority.... a shirt, stickers, hats, etc.... im sorry mark this is not the first time i have a problem with b.t.d. so tacklewarehouse will be my go to on-line store from now on... customer service goes a long way in my book, and t.w. has the BEST :D
mojobassin

Post by mojobassin »

just my .02 , I ordered something from btd and tw on the same day and received it a couple of days later and i live in ca. too , so i'm happy with both of those shops
bryanw80

Post by bryanw80 »

It pretty simple to see that Tackle Warehouse if far superior to BTD. Just do a search under each name on this forum. Almost every post for BTD is a complaint and almost every post for TW is a praise, speaks for itself.
new2bassfishin

Post by new2bassfishin »

How about sending the company you have a problem with an email instead of bashing them and the way the operate on a online forum...

just my .02 cents
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

new2bassfishin wrote:How about sending the company you have a problem with an email instead of bashing them and the way the operate on a online forum...

just my .02 cents
HOW ABOUT THEY CONTACT ME ABOUT THE PROBLEM OR THEY SHIP IT WHEN THEY GET IT, NO BASHING JUST FACTS.... and they did contact me telling me they were refunding my money for the item that was not avabile, when they could have just asked me what i wanted to do ? its all about not having to ship 1 item seperatly, in my opinion... :roll:
Justin Warmack

Post by Justin Warmack »

new2bassfishin wrote:How about sending the company you have a problem with an email instead of bashing them and the way the operate on a online forum...

just my .02 cents
Common sense to most new2bassfishin but some people have ulterior motives. Wont get into the BTD vs TW vs Monster debate, I think Mark pretty much sumed it up by saying they are all good. I have ordered from all 3 and have never had a problem with any of them. BTD is top notch when it comes to giving deals to us anglers, who needs Black Friday when BTD randomly gives you 20% off :shock: .
sker13

Post by sker13 »

I have got some great deals from BTD and will continue to use them. Monster and TW are just better at customer service. That my friends is a fact. Mark can either strive to improve in that area. Or face criticism from those who are used that level of service. Ulterior motives? I don't have any. Just stating facts as it pertains to my experience.

We all should really and truly want three, or more, excellent options at our back door. Competition is a good thing. It favors the consumer. That is us the anglers.

With all that said. The level of organization and logistics that goes into processing that many orders has to be quite daunting.
There's One, Sterling
Hardcore Bass Apparel
hcbass.com
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

kane-o wrote:lots of good answers on this topic. but honestly mark, either call the customer, or just ship the back ordered item at a later date...i think i know why you do NOT SHIP THE B.O. ITEM...MONEY.. you would have to pay shipping again for 1 item.... tacklewarehouse has NEVER called me, but when the order arrives they note the back ordered item and it says when its going to be back in stock ready for shipping... i really did not need much, but the item i wanted most was the item the refunded... so i ordered at least the $50 so i can get the free shipping. now i need to find a local tackle shop, take the drive, and hope they have them ? i am pretty limited to only a few shops, and there all at least 1/2 hour drive... my reason for ordering on line... even if items are backordered, i know they will get here in a reasonable time... the ONLY TIME i have had to wait for an item from t.w. is when its a new item on the market, or something there taking orders for, and even then its only a matter of a couple of weeks, and its in the mail... depending on the size of the order and there have been times when t.w. will send an extra item to " due the right thing " and make the customer feel like he is their priority.... a shirt, stickers, hats, etc.... im sorry mark this is not the first time i have a problem with b.t.d. so tacklewarehouse will be my go to on-line store from now on... customer service goes a long way in my book, and t.w. has the BEST :D

So much hate to so many business, do you ever share any positive experiences or do just not have any of those?
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Justin Warmack wrote:

just my .02 cents
Common sense to most new2bassfishin but some people have ulterior motives. Wont get into the BTD vs TW vs Monster debate, I think Mark pretty much sumed it up by saying they are all good. I have ordered from all 3 and have never had a problem with any of them. BTD is top notch when it comes to giving deals to us anglers, who needs Black Friday when BTD randomly gives you 20% off :shock: .
exactly, I have as well ordered from the 3 mentioned and the one in Arizona as well as others from back east and they are all top notch, no company is mistake proof, But like you said, some people have ulterior motives and this is so obvious based on certain peoples post history.
scooter83

Post by scooter83 »

I have never order anything from b.t.d. I have thought about it, but Everytime I order from tw it is always here quick. Great service. B.t.d is a great company from what I have herd from others.
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

basswest wrote:Hey BryanW80, that is surely not the norm and I apologize if anything like that occurred. Tacklewarehouse, Monster Tackle, and many others are all good hard working companies, right along with BassTackleDepot. But our policy is to refund asap to out of stock items. Our system is actually a real time system and it should not allow a order of a particular item if we are out of stock, but errors do occur at all the sites listed. With the growth we have had in the last few years, we are always looking for ways to better our systems and procedures. Basstackledepot is not perfect and we have dropped the ball at times, but will always try to do the right thing and correct it. At the volume we are doing we will continue to learn and get better. In Polls we have done with our customers, the vast majority would like the money refunded asap. With our current sale running for 72 hours, we are on pace for approximately 2500 orders and will process them in record time. If we did not meet your expectations or need to address a error, we are there to take care of it. We have grown substantially every year, from employee's who truly work hard and care. Again, I apologize if we did not take care of a issue on a order and would hope that at some point you would look at our site in the future. Feel free to contact myself directly with any problems.

Good Fishing
Mark Mendez 408 396 8442
President
Bass Tackle Depot
Pretty straight up right there... Mark has always ran a up front gig..

All my experence with back orders...

I don't want back orders on ANYTHING I order on line, as I have to track them and who knows when the company will get the stock I ordered. Lots of tracking and follow up for the company too..
GAnderson

Post by GAnderson »

Whats funny to me is we have grown men arguing over tackle stores! Take the names away from the post and it sounds like a bunch of old women! ITs really GROSS!
mojobassin

Post by mojobassin »

met the guys from BTD at the expo, they were a good bunch of guys and they were hookin up stuff like if you bought the paycheck punch kit you got 2 free tungsten weights.
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

This just happened to me with BTD. I ordered several things and they were out of 1 of them. They called me immediately and gave me the option of substituting an item or just crediting me back. I asked them to credit my card. They did and I received an email confirmation the following day. Seems like a good policy to me. If I needed the item for a tourney this weekend then I may not want it when they get more in in a week or so. Sounds like a logical policy to me. I order from Monster, TW and BTD equally and found that they all meet my needs with few exceptions.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
gofish42189

Post by gofish42189 »

I have been very happy with all 3 companies mentioned. They each seem to have their niche, but are all great. It seems that BTD has had more sales and promos lately, which is pretty cool.
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Went to BTD today to get some goodies theirs was only Mark and Phil working and I mean they were working.With the sale they just had they had over 2500 orders to get out.I give these guys alot of credit for doing their best to take of their customers not only they take of mail order customers but they have to take care of the store customers to.So if you have problem remember these guys are doing their best so if your are not happy with a order don't be an *** be cool and work it out with the store and they will take care of you.
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

All this over a pack of hooks? lol

Both BTD and TW have always given me great service.

Garrett
J. Walker

Post by J. Walker »

I buy a good portion of my tackle from BTD and their customer service has always been great. Can't say anything bad about the others becuase I haven't given them a shot yet because BTD always comes through. My hats off to Mark and his staff.
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

With our current sale running for 72 hours,

[/quote]

WHat sale? I need some stuff.
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

jamie7819,
It started last Thurday and ended Saturday.
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Both mail order houses mentioned are good suppliers. With that said try your local tackle shop first and support them. If the local shop puts in the inventroy that you touch and feel, award them by buying off the self. I know it's convienent to mail order with free shipping and a few days it's at your door step, but you can't touch and feel online.
Tom
NitroSport

Post by NitroSport »

Been using BTD and TW for years now. Definitely understand the local shop preference, but for many of us BTD is the online & convenient version of what I consider a local shop. After fishing with Mark for a day at the Oroville Pro Am and talking with him about the business, I can appreciate what he and his team have put into that place stocking the tackle fisherman want and providing the best service possible according to feedback from customers. For those of us who fish Oroville and/or Clear Lake, we're lucky enough to be able to go into the stores & pay across the counter, but it's also great to be able to place an order online & have it come to the door from the same place. Again, I've used both shops and have been extremely satisfied with both, but feel like BTD is the best 'local shop' I have access to and will continue to throw my business their way when possible.

Chriss
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Oldschool wrote:Both mail order houses mentioned are good suppliers. With that said try your local tackle shop first and support them. If the local shop puts in the inventroy that you touch and feel, award them by buying off the self. I know it's convienent to mail order with free shipping and a few days it's at your door step, but you can't touch and feel online.
Tom
+1,000,000

The only reason I ever order anything online is if I cannot get it at my local tackle shop. That's how I'll be until the day hometown tackle shops go away. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TACKLE SHOP! Most of them have been here for us for years and years, and will cease to exist if we don't give them our support.

If you would've just gone into Walton's Pond, or the Hook Line and Sinker, you never would've had a problem not getting your product, and there'd be no reason for this post. JMHO.

Andy
Team ngc

Post by Team ngc »

TACKLEWAREHOUSE ALL THE WAY BEST SERVICE FAST *** SHIPPING THE BEST WEBSITE OUT THERE
Go Big or Go Home