fuel stabilizers

lang28

fuel stabilizers

Post by lang28 »

I have had my boat sitting for about 7 months and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on a fuel stabilizer or if i should remove the fuel.
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Re: fuel stabilizers

Post by blkdog812 »

remove it and put it in the truck. fuels are only lasting about two weeks before they start to break down. think about changing all the fuel filters too
when you put in new fuel, add the marine stabil and some seafoam, ring free, or quik clean
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

blkdog812 wrote:remove it and put it in the truck. fuels are only lasting about two weeks before they start to break down. think about changing all the fuel filters too
when you put in new fuel, add the marine stabil and some seafoam, ring free, or quik clean
Are they breaking down because of the ethanol?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

lang28 wrote:I have had my boat sitting for about 7 months and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on a fuel stabilizer or if i should remove the fuel.
bassboat central mercury thread. don has posted a coctail for the fuel its a mix of several, he is a master with mercs...
jack
usaf (ret)
triton 21x2
jigswimmer

Post by jigswimmer »

I've heard that 2 week life before also, do you know if that is 2 weeks after formulation, after being put in storage tanks, after being in the delivery tanker truck, after being in the tanks at the gas station, or after being in the boat? Thanks for any insight.
Leon Pugh

Post by Leon Pugh »

Actually it is more like 2 months. If you have a small amount and does not have a varnish smell, like about 15% of your tank volume add some quick clean and stabill and run it. It will be fine. If it does have a varnish smell the tanks should be drained and cleaned as well as the injectors, filters replaces and lines flushed.
Thank You Leon Pugh
leon.pugh@comcast.net
http://www.dobynsrods.com/