Great New Tournament Feature At Westerbass.com

wayneg
Westernbass.com Staff

Great New Tournament Feature At Westerbass.com

Post by wayneg »

TOURNAMENT RESULTS
New features at Westernbass.com are running today. Many of you have asked us to figure out how our tournament organizers can have a special and easy way to post daily tournament results on westernbass.com. So, here it is!!! A tournament director, weigh-master, club president etc. can log onto westernbass.com prior to the tournament event, register his name, email etc. as the instructions require. Once this is done, that person can log onto the site using a smart phone, ipad or laptop computer and enter the top 5,10,20 etc. places for each day of the tournament. The first day requires the fisherperson's (notice my correctness!!) name, city, state, number of fish and weight along with big fish for that day. You will not need to put each persons place for that day as the software will calculate it based on that days weight and based on the number of contestants submitted. The following day(s) all that's needed is total weight, the number of fish and big fish weight. I am very excited to provide this new feature and I'm really looking forward to seeing all the tournament results accross the west!!

PS. Please send us comments on how this works so we can tweak it as needed.

Oh, one other item. I created a couple of example tournaments so you can see how it will look. Not sure but I am looking pretty good at the Folsom Lake Big Kahuna tournament.

wayneg

Instructions

Step 1: Login
A tournament director, weigh-master or tournament organizer can Login to create or edit tournaments. If you wish to create a tournament but do not have an account, you can click the Register link on the Login page to request an account.

Step 2: Create a Tournament
Once logged in, you can create a tournament by clicking the Create link. You will be prompted to enter in some information about your tournament. This can and should be done ahead of time so people can expect to see your results come tournament day.

Step 3: Enter Results
When you have results to post, login and click the "Add Catch" link to enter information about an angler's catch. Repeat for each angler. If you want to edit existing information, click the information in the results table that you want to change. You can delete an angler and his results by clicking the red "X" on each row. Table cells that are empty are displayed as "?" marks when editing. Places and totals are calculated automatically.
Levy

Re: Great New Tournament Feature At Westerbass.com

Post by Levy »

NIce Job Wayne. Hope most/all TD's use this feature.

Congrats on the 40+ lb bag at folsom :D :D :D
TomAtkeson

Post by TomAtkeson »

Dang man thats just flat out fancy. I can dig it!
Tom Atkeson
http://www.blackdogbaitco.com
http://www.tylurecustombaits.com
http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com
http://www.youtube.com/ibassfishing
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Levy wrote:Congrats on the 40+ lb bag at folsom :D :D :D
Look out, it would appear ole Wayne has teamed up with our good buddy Jimbo up there! Folsom rats beware! HAR!
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Sweet deal Wayne! I sure hope the TD's use this feature as I feel a lot of people are interested in fast results post-tournament! Great job moving the website along!

Cooch wrote:
Levy wrote:Congrats on the 40+ lb bag at folsom :D :D :D
Look out, it would appear ole Wayne has teamed up with our good buddy Jimbo up there! Folsom rats beware! HAR!
I met the 'ol Folsom legend (Jim S.) face to face for the first time yesterday at Brown's Ravine, and he told me he had 25 lbs out there as he was comin' off the water. Said he had 5 spots over 4 and a fish over 8. I asked him "Spot or largemouth? wow" and he stumbled for a sec and said "Spot. That's nothin' I have 3 spots over 10 lbs out here, and am pretty sure I've caught the world record, but I don't care about all the recognition B.S." This guy had me rollin' laughing my ace off, and he was dead serious the entire time! A legend for sure! Good thing he doesn't fish the derbies out there, we'd all be screwed!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Andy
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Sweet deal Wayne! I sure hope the TD's use this feature as I feel a lot of people are interested in fast results post-tournament! Great job moving the website along!

Cooch wrote:
Levy wrote:
Congrats on the 40+ lb bag at folsom

I met the 'ol Folsom legend (Jim S.) face to face for the first time yesterday at Brown's Ravine, and he told me he had 25 lbs out there as he was comin' off the water. Said he had 5 spots over 4 and a fish over 8. I asked him "Spot or largemouth? wow" and he stumbled for a sec and said "Spot. That's nothin' I have 3 spots over 10 lbs out here, and am pretty sure I've caught the world record, but I don't care about all the recognition B.S." This guy had me rollin' laughing my ace off, and he was dead serious the entire time! A legend for sure! Good thing he doesn't fish the derbies out there, we'd all be screwed!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I had to come back...I know...
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Yep,

That's him........did he hold you up from leaving? done that to me. :lol: :lol:
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark