San luis Report

Luckyfisherman

San luis Report

Post by Luckyfisherman »

Ok, Finally here to report from last friday's trip. Me and a buddy walked around several differnt coves and points from the look out scenary area(knowing that there was probably loads of people walking the dam). I started casting a lake fork flutter spoon. Second cast it got snagged. Had to cut the line on that one. I then started throwing zoom swimbaits in white color to no bites. Then on the way back to the same spot we started I threw a 1/4 oz. kvd red eye shad chrome/black back and caught 3 in six casts. Fish sizes were 19inch, 21inch, and 27inch. My buddy was throwing a medium sized white super fluke with a 1oz jig head and caught 1 at 22 inches. Don't know if we just caught them at the right moment, but it was a great time out. Was on the lake from 5pm to 11pm. The strange thing is I have never caught any striper on the rattle traps or red eye shads till this day. Now I can say that they do work.
reel deal

Re: San luis Report

Post by reel deal »

I was there Friday as well . i fished 7am til 2 pm and caught a bunch of 17"ers. i was thinking about staying for the afternoon bite but just got tired of the dinks. I saw a rattlesnake about fifty feet from shore must have been washed out of den due to raising water he was still alive so I washed him to shore with my wakes and off he went.
frankc

Post by frankc »

hey lucky, good day you and your buddy had, i am going out tomorrow to the big lake and try my luck, it has been about a week since i have been, so looking forward to it,i will be walking,the dam on the west side where the water goes under 152........
Luckyfisherman

Post by Luckyfisherman »

frankc wrote:hey lucky, good day you and your buddy had, i am going out tomorrow to the big lake and try my luck, it has been about a week since i have been, so looking forward to it,i will be walking,the dam on the west side where the water goes under 152........
As far as I know the dam is the spot to catch the big ones only in the evening-night. Don't stay past midnight fishing will be really slow. Fish from around 6pm-10pm. Be careful not to get caught because the dam is off limits to fishing.