997 - 797 interlink / update problems

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

kraetzer

997 - 797 interlink / update problems

Post by kraetzer »

Hi,
I just updated my software on my 997 and 797 unit and now i get the message that the 797 needs to be updated to share the interlink information with the 997. I read in another forum that this was an unexpected problem for Humminbird and that they are working on it -> does anybody know if there is a new update (i guess for the 797 which has the "older" software version) comming out pretty soon or do i have to go back to the old version?
Thanks,
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: 997 - 797 interlink / update problems

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Both units both have to have the current software loaded to share the InterLink since they improved the InterLink Software to reduce disconnection concerns some have had. They are working on getting all models but software always start with the most current and works back in history. IF you need older version of 997c software until they get the 797c2 completed the SI Soft Forum has archieve of Software: http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson