RESULTS for NBW DVL Lower Entry event and payback!

Lynne

RESULTS for NBW DVL Lower Entry event and payback!

Post by Lynne »

SCROLL DOWN TO BOTTOM POST FOR RESULTS

This Sunday, MARCH 27, National Bass West in conjunction with Lake Chance Bait and Tackle are having the second event in our LOWER EVENT SERIES at DIAMOND VALLEY LAKE. These events require NO MEMBERSHIP.

These events are for those anglers that have NOT made more than $2,000 (either angler) at DIAMOND VALLEY from February 27, 2010 until February 1, 2011. (We figure this by the winnings per team split in half)

You can sign up for these event at LAST CHANCE BAIT AND TACKLE in HEMET anytime prior to close of business on Saturday, March 26 OR you can come to Diamond Valley Lake the morning of the event on Sunday MARCH 27th, sign up, have some hot coffee, danish or juice.

SO.....please come fish, bring in your 5 biggest large mouth bass and enjoy some lunch....The best part is you are fishing for a 90% payback on the basic entry and 100% payback on the options.

Any questions, please call me at 760-497-8238 or call Megan at 951-658-7410

See you there.

Mike, Lynne and Megan (and you too Matt!)
Last edited by Lynne on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim V.

Re: LOW ENTRY DVL event this SUNDAY, March 27

Post by Jim V. »

You going to have any of these on a Sat. instead of Sunday?
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

Just like the old Sunday series in san Diego
Perfect my vote is for Sunday
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

bumpppp
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Lynne

Post by Lynne »

We will be starting signups this Sunday at 4:45 a.m. for those that did not already sign up at Last Chance Bait and Tackle (in Hemet!)

Looks like we are going to get a great turnout.

See you there.

Mike, Lynne, Dan and Megan!
Rob Dickson

Post by Rob Dickson »

whats the entry cost?
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

$120 Basic Entry with $50 in options
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Rob Dickson

Post by Rob Dickson »

thanks
E=MC2

Post by E=MC2 »

I know it's early but how many teams fished? Results?
I am what I am and that's all that I am!
rangerangler18

Post by rangerangler18 »

36 Boats I think it took 24lbs to win...
Lynne

Post by Lynne »

Just got done posting the results on our website. The "all in" cost is $120 plus $50 available in options for these events.

What a fabulous fishery Diamond Valley Lake is.

I am posting the photos in a minute. The top 3 big bass were over 7 pounds! We are looking forward to more BIG weight coming to the scales this coming weekend for our two day event.

Wish I knew how to post the photos on here for you all.. Someday maybe Brian Linehan will teach me since he does a great job posting the photos following every event! :)

Here is the link for the results.
http://www.nationalbasswest.com/listing ... wer_entry/

Best to you all

Mike and Lynne Peterson
National Bass West, Inc.

Re: RESULTS for NBW DVL Lower Entry event and payback!

Post by 619 »

Hope the two day NBW derby Draws good next week.

With this low entry fee tournament it seems more folks are fishing the low entry tournament then a high stakes tournament. As someone said to me. "If BBQ chicken is $499.00 and it goes on sale for $299.00 what would you buy"

I know alot of anglers are bummed that a tournament is taking place and they can't fish because they won 2k. So they are penalized for doing well. Really sucks when standing on the sideline and seeing great sticks that have won alot of cheese in the past are allowed to fish because of when they won the money.

This tournament is cutting down the teams for the regular season. I would guess for the two day also. Remember...Just wait for the chicken to go on sale!!!

I'm not bashing anyone here just giving some feedback. Mike and Lynne run great tournaments and they are my friends. Megan is very nice and her crew and her store is Top Notch. Just wish they would let some of us buy some chicken on sale like all the other BBQ lovers.

Why not split those winning teams up. Let them fish with Wifes, Girlfriends Kids, Media... something.

Just for the record, I have picked one full circuit to fish this year along with a night series. I have limited time to fish these days with work and young children.
I was not planning on fishing any of the low entry or two day derbies anyway. But standing around at boat shows, working at a Tackle store and knowing alot people allows me to hear alot of feedback.

The biggest issue I'm hearing is the lower turnout for the regular season due to the low entry tournament. Lets see next weekend...

Art Bailey
rangerangler18

Post by rangerangler18 »

The low turn outs started way before this series was even thought about...
DL

Post by DL »

rangerangler18 wrote:The low turn outs started way before this series was even thought about...
+1

The SoCal market and its anglers have shown that no matter how good the payout, or how well events are run, the dollar is the bottom line. Low turnouts, with a few highly attended events mixed in, have been the norm since the 2008 seasn..right about the time the job market took a dump.

Many teams will trade a lower purse for lower entries, for the simple reason its easier to come up with $80 than it is to come up with $150 two or three times a month. The other factor to think about is spreading the money a little more. When 1st gets 65% of the purse, and the scraps(35% of the remaining $$) are left for the remaining (1 in 5 payback teams,) barely getting your money back for 4th place is a turnoff.

One thing is for sure, team tournaments in SoCal are in trouble. Until someone figures it out, ALL events will struggle to draw numbers.
"Feel the steel"
onplane

Post by onplane »

+2
619...did you ever think that the guys who are fishing these low entry tournies could potentially one daybuild the confidence and experience necessary to fish the regular circuit. I fished this low tourney yesterday and was ishing the regular dv circuit until my partner decided to quit. It was great yesterday, I saw mom and daughter fishing together and some dads with their sons. Many don't fish the regular tournies because of the cash. One father son team even rented a bass boat to fish it. These aree the opportunities that Mike and Lynne have created. Sometimes if you start these low entry tournies...in the future it will feed the upper end.
Let's take vegas for example....there are various blacjack tables depending on minimum bets right?....you sit down where you decide and where you caN afford. The high rollers don't hate on the guys sitting at the low tables...if the guy at the low table starts to win...he may decide to jump us and play with the big boys...
Just my opinion...
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

What 619 is asking is why penalize the guys that have put in the time over the years to learn the techniques and tactics it takes to win there. Make the teams fish apart if that is what it needs, but if he wants to fish with his wife he cant because he wins the other events. Now you have just taken away the bigger fields the other regular team events should have. To me if you fish 20 boats to win 2k or 40 boats to win the same 2k, its the same thing just less guys on all the spots. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
onplane

Post by onplane »

First if 619 is that good...he could still win regardless who he fishes with. The bottom line here is if NBW is getting only 20 boats with the regular series, but now can get 40 divided amongst two tournies, then why not do it. I don't think NBW is penalizing anyone here....I think some guys are so greedy, they want a piece of everypot available.
Just like selling boats...gotta carry models for every echelon to stay in business. Not everyone can walk in with cash ready to drop on a Z521. Maybe orgs are doing this in essence to survive and be there after the economy storm is over.
Thanks Mike and Lynne...there are people out there who do appreciate your efforts. No good deed goes unpunished!
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

But in 619's defense, if NBW is getting 45-60 in the regular events and another event from the same org comes along and now 20 boats from the first trail now go to the other it hurts the first trail. I agree with you if it brings out more folks to play than it is good, but they hopefully are guys that were not fishing at all. Maybe this is the wave of the future, who knows. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
one fish wonder

Post by one fish wonder »

onplane wrote:+2
619...did you ever think that the guys who are fishing these low entry tournies could potentially one daybuild the confidence and experience necessary to fish the regular circuit. I fished this low tourney yesterday and was ishing the regular dv circuit until my partner decided to quit. It was great yesterday, I saw mom and daughter fishing together and some dads with their sons. Many don't fish the regular tournies because of the cash. One father son team even rented a bass boat to fish it. These aree the opportunities that Mike and Lynne have created. Sometimes if you start these low entry tournies...in the future it will feed the upper end.
Let's take vegas for example....there are various blacjack tables depending on minimum bets right?....you sit down where you decide and where you caN afford. The high rollers don't hate on the guys sitting at the low tables...if the guy at the low table starts to win...he may decide to jump us and play with the big boys...
Just my opinion...

Well said! However,It should be open to all parties. For those that want or can pay the larger entry for the larger paybacks, then they do the 2 day events, the $300 all in derbies, etc. For those who can not pay those entries but still need their fix, they enter the $150 all in. I feel all events should be open to all! Just cause some guys have won some cash in the past, does not mean they always have the funds available to fish the derbies and this allows them to still have some fun. Just like you said in reference to blackjack or poker. Regardless of skill, play the table you like. My two pennies!

Todd
www.quiksilver.com

Post by 619 »

onplane wrote:First if 619 is that good...he could still win regardless who he fishes with!
Never said I was good..Please read what I wrote. Not sure what you mean here. But here you go.

My partners are as Follows,

Chris Stinnett we won a few derbies but the best was the two day El Cajon Ford San diego Team Open in 2001. Chris moved to Arkansas.

Buc Buchannan we won allot of derbies but the most memorable was the El Cajon Ford Team Open in 2009. We still fish together

Mike Walsh, We never won but we came close a few times. We were Anglers of the Year at DVL Night series. Most memorable was the 2010 NBW fish off at Havasue, We were second. We still fish together.

Brian Johnson, We have won one together, Most memorable was me netting his 8lber in the last one we fished. Actually netting all his fish that day. We still fish together and have a great time.

Looks like i know how to pick em

If I was good I wouldn't be on this computer involved with this post. I would be fishing.

Art Bailey
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I'm gonna have to agree with you Art. You suck! :wink:
Lynne

Post by Lynne »

Thank you for all of the constructive feedback regarding our lower entry events.

The reason that we had to put a dollar limit on the FIRST year was to test the "water" and see what the anglers wanted. The feedback for the most part is that the anglers LOVE the idea of getting the confidence that they need to progress to the "bigger events" You are correct in that the anglers that made over $2,000 get left behind.

BUT..... we have a great idea for a combined event where the angler that has won more that $2,000 CAN fish with their wife, son, daughter, significant other or FRIEND! That event is going to be on MAY 1, 2011. NO MEMBERSHIP---one day----LOWER ENTRY and OPEN TO EVERYONE,,,a pro side and a "semi-pro side.

The first event we had, had only about 6 teams that normally fish our day events (some of those not with their normal partner). The rest of them had not fished NBW this season or team events EVER!

The second event had 23 teams that were new to this series. Our whole goal here is to NOT draw from the regular events but to GROW the sport and get the anglers back on the water. Actually this also helps the tackle stores, the Bass Taxi business (one of the anglers rented a boat to get out with his son.) the lake and the local business for food and gas.

So the Chicken is not on sale, its just a different breed. Come out this weekend and try our great 2-day events with a HUGE...second to none payback and Mike and I will continue to do our very best to make these events 5 star events for you anglers....our number one priority.

As always best to you,

Mike and Lynne
Last edited by Lynne on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian johnson

Post by brian johnson »

I think most missed your point art, i talked to 3 people that did not fish ABA sat because of the low entry sun they were fishimg!!!!!!!!!!!!! took the cheese right out of my pocket
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Man, do you all look greedy!!! :roll:
Guy Williams
Charles Barkley
eric n

Post by eric n »

Well said Lynne!Looks like you have addressed the two biggest complaints and picked up another 25+ teams.Nice to see new names in the line up as well as listening to alot of anglers.Bet a few new teams get the tourney bug and fish the other events,as well as the potential increase of sale at the local tackle shops,a win-win.
Give it a season or two and it would become a huge threat to the other orgs down here;but then again,you already are.Keep up the good work and kudos for changing with the times
J. AKINS

Post by J. AKINS »

I have a idea just let everyone fish except kyle!
brian johnson

Post by brian johnson »

guy, i wouldnt say its greed at all just making a living everyone knows it tough out there, if you can make a couple bucks on the weekends it realy helps out.
brian johnson

Post by brian johnson »

AIM MARINE had a similar tournament series in sd a couple years back with husband/wife,father/son/daughter teams and it was a blast good turn out and they had the biggest names in ca, mike long, john kerr and nobody complained about fishing against them they have won more money in team tournament history then any team it just makes it that much better when you win to think you beat some of the best in the sport just my opinion!

Post by 619 »

Kevin wrote:I'm gonna have to agree with you Art. You suck! :wink:
Thats just what my partner told me when I showed you how to catch them at your lake last summer when we went fishing.
m southern

Post by m southern »

id like to chirp not sure why, but i agree with jason a just dont let kyle fish problem solved. guy can save it . oh is it april or may yet i think i will show up ive always been a fair weathered ball playr.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Why don't you guy's that need to fish something that's not for you just have a turkey shoot every weekend? Put up your 300 bucks winner takes all. Yeah Brian, you all sound like greedy people right now. Really!! I can't believe you guy's are crying about some rookie tournament!!! What's next, KVD asking why he can't fish as a co angler in FLW. :roll:
Guy Williams
Charles Barkley
brian johnson

Post by brian johnson »

GUY actually iam not greedy at all think whatever you want i realy dont care. iam not winning about not being able to fish it not sure why you think i wanted to any way i dont ever recall saying i wanted to fish it iam just bummed there taking from other orgs the day before with all there dates. still seeing the same names in the top any way. and i thought it was a low budget tourney not a rookie tourney now its turned into a rookie event whatever you say!!!
tripletrouttroy

Post by tripletrouttroy »

I agree org,s should say with Kyle or without as a side note asterick :D :D :D :lol:
onplane

Post by onplane »

Guy Williams wrote:Why don't you guy's that need to fish something that's not for you just have a turkey shoot every weekend? Put up your 300 bucks winner takes all. Yeah Brian, you all sound like greedy people right now. Really!! I can't believe you guy's are crying about some rookie tournament!!! What's next, KVD asking why he can't fish as a co angler in FLW. :roll:
Guy Williams

+2.....great idea!
m southern

Post by m southern »

see rick, guy brian ,art, jason quadroople trout gets it. maybe we should do like mlb rookie, a, aa, aaa, bigs none of us r superstars. were local clowns thats it but we hav fun doin it we win a little chips thats good,lets leave the rookies alone everyone deserves a chance at confidence am i wrong........15 minutes everyone gets it.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Just FYI, I qualify to fish these but I know why these were set up and would rather see some new teams get the tourney bug rather than feed my ego or be greedy. So I choose to help the cause rather than try to beat it up. I know, novel idea!! Maybe others could ask what they could do to help rather than try to manipulate the criteria to be able to fish. Like I've said before, some should not be fishing that are, so maybe some tweaking needs to happen because I believe some of you are seeing dollar signs instead for the what it's for.
BTW, can't you take your wife's, "friends" or kids fishing anytime but now it's convenient when this was set up; funny!!!! Hey son, sleep on the boat while daddy cashes a check. :roll:
Guy Williams
Charles Barkley
brian johnson

Post by brian johnson »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Its Will who shouldn't be allowed to fish. Pretty sure if you averaged all his tournaments this year he would have a better average than anybody. He doesn't get enough credit.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

also brian, if i would of been there that cheese would have been mine. Good luck to all the Diamond Valley pros this weekend. I got other stuff to handle.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

They need to lower the entry fees to like $60-$80 Total AND PAY IT 1-3, so the money wont make the big guns or other top guys want to fish them. AND they should LOWER the criteria for fishing these things to no more than$1000 in winnings for the last year. These events should be more about the experienced gained rather than the money earned...

And for the record...Ive been fishing with my wife for over 10 years..and weve always had fun against the "big guns". We've had our butts handed to us and we've won and cashed checks at alot of events...so I dont like hearing that guys want to fish these with their wives/girlfriends.. Thats a LAME excuse!!!

The low entry events arent for us experienced guys with wins and checks cashed under our belts ..regarless of whether or not we fish with wives, sons daughters, girlfriends..etc etc.. Guys shouldnt use these events as an excuse to fish with their family...they should just fish the ABA because they pay 1-3.

These should be called BEGINNER/NOVICE events...PERIOD!!

And if the rest of us want to fish against each other with a cheaper entry then we should request and org to do it for us ...that may bring the overall numbers up....but we cant put experience limitations on those events... They can be called "Open" events that are open to everyone at a lower rate..... just an idea.. But then there will be guys crying that the payouts are poor...
The devil will be playing Hockey in Hell before the Orgs will please everyone...

Pete 8)
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Anyone know when the West Coast Bass Cachuma derby starts?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It's right after the Operation BASS US OPEN.

Post by 619 »

Kyle wrote:also brian, if i would of been there that cheese would have been mine. Good luck to all the Diamond Valley pros this weekend. I got other stuff to handle.

There is no I in Team and it's better to be humble then cocky. At least that's what I was taught growing up.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

What's wrong with some good ol trash talk!? You guys are too up tight. Have fun with it. Its diamond valley. No one cares who wins derbys out there. Go fish flw or bass opens if you want glory and sponsors and coverage. Let the rookies have there league, its good for the sport. More cheese one day for you and brians wallets.

Post by 619 »

TEAMDEADMONEY wrote: The low entry events arent for us experienced guys with wins and checks cashed under our belts ..regarless of whether or not we fish with wives, sons daughters, girlfriends..etc etc.. Guys shouldnt use these events as an excuse to fish with their family...they should just fish the ABA because they pay 1-3.

These should be called BEGINNER/NOVICE events...PERIOD!!

Pete 8)
Whats up pete?

Please look at the results...It's okay to chim in, but instead of just throwing stuff out there do a little research first. I did. Here are the Beginner/Novices you are refering to.
Please feel free to add to this list. I know there are others I missed.

First Tournament...Top Guys from San Diego roll in and Steal the Cheese.
CHRIS STUDENGER-GARRETT LORENZEN (Couple of top Anglers in San Diego)
DAVE NOLLAR-TIM NOLLAR (Dave is Professional Angler and one of my best friends , These two win alot of cheese, Just took cheese at Perriss)
HENRY MOODY-*RAY MAYO (Not sure of record but see Henry fishing all the time with Brian Pippins and they were second a few moths ago)
BRETT VAN DIEST-BRYAN PIPPINS (Goes with the above post)

Second tournament...Top Guy from San Diego rolls in and steals the Cheese again.
TREVOR LINCOLN-*MIKE EVANS (Pete tell me you get the point now, are you kidding me Beginner/Novice)
MANAS MALIKIAN-*MILES HOWE (You tell me)
CHRIS STUDENGER-GARRETT LORENZEN ( these two made it through last time as beginners why not try it again)
TAMMY MORROW-*KADIE HANSEN (okay I should be able to stop with this one. This must be someone else, Not John Morrows Wife. If it is her, arent they the best team in SoCal? They would get my vote.

No rules broken above but as you can see there are some ringers in the mix and some are cashing in. 619 in the house at DVL for sure.
Last edited by 619 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I agree with that one art. At least keep it to rookies.

Post by 619 »

Kyle wrote:What's wrong with some good ol trash talk!? You guys are too up tight. Have fun with it. Its diamond valley. No one cares who wins derbys out there. Go fish flw or bass opens if you want glory and sponsors and coverage. Let the rookies have there league, its good for the sport. More cheese one day for you and brians wallets.
Nothing wrong with talking trash. I'm not up tight just haveing fun before work. It's hard to win out there and who cares is correct. Although after hearing you and your Dad call me after leaving the lake after all your wins over the years was kinda hard on me sitting in the store and not fishing anything. I love fishing tournaments, I tried FLW Stren and didn't do well. I plan to try it again someday. Not gonna get rich for sure but may have my chance to win one. I don't care about the money I do it for fun and a way to unwind.
m southern

Post by m southern »

Who's will? is he a ninja? is he stealth? is he quiet? nice, ok hes out. KGD is in thats KYLE GROVERDAM :lol:
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Do not anger the sleeping giant that is the rakowitz. We both know the anger that is locked behind that quiet exterior.
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

***NM***