Where the heck is everyone?

biteme

Where the heck is everyone?

Post by biteme »

Its been a while from my last post on here. My Daughter has been keeping me busy. So now that I logged on I was shocked to see the forum doesnt move. Where is everyone?
Hipster

Re: Where the heck is everyone?

Post by Hipster »

Well................the sites changed, times change, things change, and with that said it just is not the old family friendly place it used to be. I lurk daily but post nowhere near as much as I used too. I no longer fish derbies (nodesire and health reasons) nor do alot of other folks around here.

Ya know twitter, facebook and all these other information right now sites hurt places like this. That is just my opinion. It is all relative in fishing terms, we used to look forward to nutcase events, the rally etc. they are gone!!

The same can be said for actual fishing these days, everything seems to be changing. They have ruined Pardee with all this media hype :cry: :cry: :cry: The delta is one tough muther as are alot of other waters in California. BUT................... i feel change in the right direction coming soon!!!!! Full lakes, shad spawns, underwater growth it is all relavent as the fishing gets better soon so will the site.

IT IS THIS GIVE ME EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW WORLD WE LIVE IN!!

Done ranting......... :twisted: :wink: :cry:
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

biteme wrote:Its been a while from my last post on here. My Daughter has been keeping me busy. So now that I logged on I was shocked to see the forum doesnt move. Where is everyone?
Biteme,
It's not that site anymore. If you are looking for good natured teasing, info sharing, and all the stuff that used to happen, that boat has sailed. Not saying it's better now or that it was better then, but it is different. It's about sponsors and tournaments, period.

I expect that this site will be a financial success. But the old camaraderie that was the previous site/s is just that, 'old'. Time marches on and so has this site. It's a great site if you are a biz owner who wants to promote their products, and for tournament orgs to tout their wears, and it's a darn good site for that.

I suspect that the interaction between the users was probably 90 percent of the problems with this site previously, so to that end...well, I don't expect much interaction to occur moving forward.
Just the nature of the beast.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
CN

Post by CN »

Well if you look at the last 10 post's half are related to tournament's.

Any help on how to drop shot. I have no luck or worse confidence in this setup. How do you fish this?

Mike
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Well I for one am out in the shop and not behind a desk anymore. I kinda started losing the need to get on here awhile ago, before the new ownership. It sure was fun for awhile, that's for sure and I got in on the tail-end of things.

Now on the other hand, we just had a great Nut Case on Berry in November? I had a blast! We fished Bullards in January. Was fortunate enough to have Cooch as a guest on the boat with my good friend Rob. So we can still have some fun around here, maybe?

It's kind of nice to be surrounded by all these windows that POP and get to the folks that take care of business around here, ain't it?

"The only thing that is constant in life, is change"

I can't catch a fish to save my life right now, otherwise I'd throw out a bone about that DS rig!
I had to come back...I know...
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

MIKE TREMONT wrote:It's kind of nice to be surrounded by all these windows that POP and get to the folks that take care of business around here, ain't it?
No Mike it is actually not nice it is annoying as all get go!! :shock:

Mark
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

I'm here Hipster.

Just moving back to Tracy from San Jose this week and tryng to figure it out also. I was curious about a few things, maybe you guys can fill me in.I'll post them below.

1. Why two forums? a main and a SoCal. Why not Ncal and Scal.
2. Why is there a signature forum.

This site was made by the fisherman of Ncal. There was a whole group of local guys and a tournamnet orgs who kept it interesting and we hung out together also. It was kinda what we made of it. The friendly ribbing was part of it. The "I kicked your butt last Saturday" and "you stole my water stuff" was the fun part.

It changed some when expansion to SoCal and other area's mudded up the Ncal forum. I always liked it when the Socal guys would come up here and try to find Pilot slough or the rebar hole.

When the next nuctcase?

I'll be back to the Friday morning milkrun in about a week or two. Anyone seen Angel? That fish Catching-Son-of- a-gun. He's one of the guys who could always catch my fish when I couldn't.

Anyone still on here from Tracy, if so look me up.
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

This site could add a Pro forum to ask specific technique or presentation questions. The members of this site, since I joined, tend to answer by PM me, it was taboo to share someones well known secret.
The site had NorCal and SoCal forums, they joined into one over a year ago and was the start of the down turn. Nothing wrong with good spirited friendly bantering or regional pride . The problem was the negative comments that turned off the members.
The drop shot rig in SoCal is a finesse presentation using 5 to 7 lB FC line, wacky or nose hook 3" to 7" worms on light wire drop shot hooks and small drop shot weights and used in deep structured lakes.
The drop shot rig in NorCal is a power presentation using 65 lb braid, 2 Senko's welded together, 2/0 heavy wire hooks and heavy drop shot weights and used on the delta or Clear lake.
Different but the same.
biteme

Post by biteme »

There was sometimes drama on the site but overall there was a lot of good info posted. I just dont understand how sponsors would care one way or another as long as they are getting traffic. Anyway I hope to see the site pickup as the weather gets better.
Good luck out there guys! FISH ON!!!!
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

BS'r wrote:I'm here Hipster.
2. Why is there a signature forum.
That's a good question. Initially it was started as a place where everyone knew who you were to cut down on the folks who came in incognito and wanted to stir ****. Most folks don't really care though. It looks like the "signature" forum gets a post every week or two. I guess it's not hurting anything having it there, but no one is using it either.

And yes, these popup windows that cover the screen every time you move your mouse too far to the side are extremely annoying.
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

CN wrote:Well if you look at the last 10 post's half are related to tournament's.

Any help on how to drop shot. I have no luck or worse confidence in this setup. How do you fish this?

Mike
Mike,
I'm by no means an 'expert' dropshotter but I get some fish with that technique.
After much trial and tribulation I've settled on this setup:
I won a nice Kistler dropshot rod several years ago at a NutCase event. Having a good dropshot specific rod helps a ton. Mine is a 6' 10" model, spinning rod.
I've taken to using 20 lb Power Pro braid as the main line.
Using a Stradic 2500 reel.
I use a good barrel swivel, ball-bearing style, (but I may switch to one of those mini ones that Tunaman gave me).
For the leader I use 8 or 10 pound fluro when I'm headed for the Delta or Clearlake. If I'm going to the foothill lakes I back that down to 5 pound.
I start the leader out being about 10 feet long.
I use a #2 splitshot, that heavy one will get your bait to the bottom quickly.
I got a great 'secret bait' I got from Angel Valdez. It was a special pour. It's basically a 4 inch worm (clear with a bit of flake), that I rig weedless. Margarita Mutilator is good, as well. As are a million other baits. Pick a confidence one.

Take that rig and go to Clearlake, head for Hendersons and fish the rock wall on the inside (not on the lake side, but it works there too). Put your boat in 25 feet of water and let that rig drop straight down to the bottom. Don't lift the weight off the bottom; just raise the worm up and down, or shake the heck out of it.
The bite will be mushy. Set the hook straight up. Rinse and repeat.
Hope it works for you.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Wolfe,

Dust that Kistler off..............it's time we hook up :D :D :wink: :wink:

Mark
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

Just a bunch of lookers and creepers now, do you post? Here is your sign creeper :lol:
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/