Structures 101

Moderators: Doug Vahrenberg, Triton Mike

Doug Vahrenberg

Structures 101

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Ok here's a new image tell me what all you see in the image some obvious some things are not. This was taken on Kentucky Lake with a 997c.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Structures 101

Ok here's some more info. With the Zoom Window on top of the Structure:

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Structures 101

What this is a old house foundation. You can see the front steps if you look close and a rock pile just to the left side. The house faced the road bed above it. Even thou there is not alot of structure change you can see the hardness difference between the road and the ditches as many have suggested. There is a small group of fish. With a few stumps. There are a couple areas of water turbulence from passing boats this structure is just west of the Ken Lake Boat Ramp on Kentucky Lake.

Alot of good comments on using the area of coverage to judge the size. This is exactly what you need to do it helps judge size and distance. Also see how the zoom window helps to explain what is in the image. This is a great tool to help positive ID of the items you find.

My estimates was this similar to this style of Log Cabin...guess since I wasn't around or can find images of this house prior to flooding can not be 100% sure but the foundation is similar to images I have researched.