Need my son to get bit on a Hudd

Turkeyman

Need my son to get bit on a Hudd

Post by Turkeyman »

I have a 14 year old son who is dying to catch a fish on a Hudd. I have only caught 1 fish on a Hudd, so I don't have alot of experience with one. He will throw it all day and is getting discouraged at not catching any fish. Any help appreciated.
Fish-styk

Re: Need my son to get bit on a Hudd

Post by Fish-styk »

Thats the nature of big baits, keep throwin it. And if your fishing it slow, fish it slower. Where u fishing? What helped me in confidence was jumping down to the 6in to increase the number of bites, and I fished alot of smaller bodies of water, where i know there is fish. Ponds and such. Once u stick one fish on those baits, your hooked. Good luck.
offduty

Post by offduty »

I would position the boat as shallow as possible on points. Throw the Hudd out down the point and let it hit the bottom. If you watch your line it will jump a bit when it hits bottom. Reel the bait up the point and try different angles. Drop offs are good spots too. Most of my big swimbait fish have come from deep water.

Rich
Rich
Matt Moreau

Post by Matt Moreau »

+1 on what offduty said.... Only thing to add is throw it into the nastiest cover you can find... Dont be affraid to loose it!
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."

Matthew Moreau
G-unit

Post by G-unit »

What size and weight is it. For the water around me, my 6" ROF 5 gets bit in the mornings real well. First light on a rocky slope or point. The 8" really isn't that much bigger. From first light till about 10am (on the clearer days) is my favorite.
The Hard Deck for this Hop is 10 pounds
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

Pick up the new Hudd 68 special and you will be set, on your boy picking up his first Hudd Fish....
B. Worm

Post by B. Worm »

I keep hearin about the "68 special" , where can I get my hands on some???????
gotta have em!!!!! :twisted:
Fish-styk

Post by Fish-styk »

haha....you cant. They're released in limited batches and go pretty quick. He just did a release on wednesday and they were gone. If your lucky you can find somebody selling one, otherwise hold out for the next release. :D
B. Worm

Post by B. Worm »

uuuuugggggghhhhhhhh!!!!! :x :evil: :x
I neeed one, a few, something, anything
I'll keep lookin...... anyone?
who is releasing them?
Thanx :?:
offduty

Post by offduty »

B. Worm wrote:uuuuugggggghhhhhhhh!!!!! :x :evil: :x
I neeed one, a few, something, anything
I'll keep lookin...... anyone?
who is releasing them?
Thanx :?:
Ya need to go to huddbaits.com and sign up for the newsletter and you will get notices on new product releases.
Last edited by offduty on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich
B. Worm

Post by B. Worm »

:D COOL......Thanx :D
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

The Hud is the bait that seems to get tons of followers, but it is harder for me to get many to commit to it. Find structure, such as a long point, or cover, such as a tree or dock. Make a long cast that allows your Hud to make contact with the piece of the structure or cover at some point. The followers are much more likely to commit to the strike when your bait deflects off of something. This is similar to a directional change with a jointed hard bait.
big bass beckstrom

Post by big bass beckstrom »

B. Worm wrote:I keep hearin about the "68 special" , where can I get my hands on some???????
gotta have em!!!!! :twisted:

you can use mend-it, or your preferred soft bait glue and make them yourself. the tricky part is matching the place to cut the baits so that they match up evenly. good luck
Elliott
www.basscat.com
www.mossdale-boats.com
www.blackdogbaits.com
www.fishdelta.com
CoachT29

Post by CoachT29 »

Hi Big Bass Beckstrom -- I have a couple of "New in the package" Huddleston Deluxe 68 Specials for sale - ROF 5 and ROF 12 in a Trout. $50.00 each and I will ship. If Interested contact Tim at (510) 932-9937
Bigguyone

Post by Bigguyone »

Drop me a PM as I may have one I can give your son....if he is dedicated to throwing them.