Actively taking names for the Wounded Warrior event!

Lynne

Actively taking names for the Wounded Warrior event!

Post by Lynne »

Lake Elsinore Bass Club along with National Bass West are together getting ready for the 4th Annual WOUNDED WARRIOR event.

This year the event is going to be at DIAMOND VALLEY LAKE on MAY 21, 2011.

THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE TO FISH THIS EVENT!!!!!!!

The last 3 Wounded Warrior events were held at Vail Lake however with the number of BRAVE SOLDIERS that were left on the waiting list, we have decided to take it to DIAMOND VALLEY LAKE where we could treat more soldiers to a day on the lake without worries and nothing but fun.

What we need is for you to sign up to take 2 soldiers on your boat for the day.. This is truely by far one of the best events to fish. The memories that you'll take back home and the warm heart that you'll walk away from is priceless. PLUS there is no entry money to enter either.

The LAKE ELSINORE BASS CLUB has already worked out the menu for FREE LUNCH!

PLEASE CALL ME, TEXT ME OR E-MAIL ME with you name and info so that we can fill this event again. There are soooo many wonderful heart warming stories that have come from these events. EVERYONE that has participated has felt great about giving back to these soldiers that have put their lives on the line and were injuried during their tour of duty.

The LAKE ELSINORE BASS CLUB has even VALET PARKED the anglers so that they can stay with their boats, and when the event is over then they are picked up at the launch ramp! Talk about great service!

Already we have 33 boats and we are looking for at least 80.

My phone number is 760-497-8238 my email address is mikenlynne@sbcglobal.net

IF you know of anyone who would want to donate product, dinners, certificates of any kind for the raffle, please let us know.

100% of the proceeds from the raffle go to the WARRIOR FOUNDATION
BUCKBASS

Re: Actively taking names for the Wounded Warrior event!

Post by BUCKBASS »

Bump
Topwater Terry

Lynne I sure would like to see you

Post by Topwater Terry »

host a Wounded warrior event up here at Castaic. I am sure plenty of people would like to be involved with that kind of event, and bring their boats out to help on a lake without rediculous motor restrictions. I bet it would be very successful if you held it up this way...
Terry
Last edited by Topwater Terry on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonsaibp

Post by bonsaibp »

Too bad I can't get on DVL its a great event.
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

Me Too.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Guys and gals - other than fishing the ProTeen or Cast for Kids, you will never have a more fulfilling day than Wounded Warriors. I fished one last July in Florida and it was truly a great day. I still wear the bracelet daily to remind everyone of the service and sacrifices made for us!!
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Hey Lynne-

I'm in both to take the guys out and also to help you with anything you need to run the event. I'll talk to all of our sponsors and see if they'd like to get involved. It's such an amazing cause that I think they'll all jump onboard.

Who cares about any other tournament, This is the tournament of the year!

Brian
eric n

Post by eric n »

I'll donate a few rod and reels for the raffle Lynne.I had a blast at vail a few years ago but wont know till the last minute if i can do this one due to work obligations.
Lynne

Post by Lynne »

Brian, you are AWESOME Thank you soooo very much. You are right, this is the event that truely brings is all home and makes you feel great at the end of the day.

Eric, you are very generous. We are appreciative for the rods and reels. The more that we have to raffle, the more the Warrior Foundation receives.

You know the thing about this charity the I truely LOVE is that 100% of the money goes directly towards the Soldiers. The charity uses this money to help buy tickets so that the loved ones can come and greet their wounded soldier just getting off the plane (most of them still on the stretchers) letting them feel the love that is there and that helps the get the healing started right away knowing that they are not alone. This charity uses the money to help the soldiers with electric razors for those that are unable to shave with a regular razor due to their injury....this charity uses the donated money to help buy handheld electronics to help stimulate the brain making the recovery faster for those with brain injuries....this charity is ALL ABOUT THE BRAVE SOLDIERS that were injured in the line of duty.

Right now we have a future son in law that just got deployed to Afganistan 2 weeks ago. He called to say that he will not have contact for a very long time due to the company that he is with. How scary is that! But knowing that these men are highly trained brings us comfort. We have a lot of faith and we pray for all of the soldiers to come back safe.

Please if you can donate your time or some product, please let us know. It is our way (Lake Elsinore Bass Club and National Bass West) to help with an event so that you can help support our troops.

Contact me at 760-497-8238 if you have any questions.

Thank you

Lynne Peterson