AC Delta Pro Am ?

tbob

AC Delta Pro Am ?

Post by tbob »

Anyone know what is going on with the AC Delta Pro AM?

I don't see any post, or updates to pairing list the last few days here, on the other forum or on their website. I am used to coming to these boards and being able to find some sort of announcement or discussion, or an updated list. When they were at less than ten boats at Havasu this year they put up the information and they were showing 48 boats earlier this week for the Delta, so I just don't get it. I have heard about high winds, but no reports of anything being postponed, delayed or canceled either.
sTony

Re: AC Delta Pro Am ?

Post by sTony »

Saw photos on Facebook of the blast off from one of the competitors, so they are fishing out there. Haven't seen any updates on any of the forums here since Wednesday or so. Heard they had about 60 boats at check in/draw last night. Will update later today if I can make it down to the weigh in.

sTony
tbob

Post by tbob »

Thanks Tony. Wind, if any, could probably help some guys get some big fish. There are no doubt a lot o great anglers out there competing on a great fishery. I'm surprised still that there isn't any discussion here or anywhere else. Hopefully everyone is busy fishing.
sTony

Post by sTony »

I don't know about the rest of the Delta, but here where I live in Oakley it's absolutely howling out and has been for the better part of the last 24 hours. I'm looking forward to it settling down so can fix the fence and dig up the tree that got blown over.

sTony
Bill Hutcheson

Post by Bill Hutcheson »

62 boats launched this morning under windy conditions. Due to the fact that the Delta has many sloughs and areas to get out of the wind, the anglers will find fish despite a few wet runs to get there. The good news is that the winds are supposed to die down for the Sunday session.

Per WesternBass.com protocols, USAC will post the day 1 results on the tournament forums side of the site later today and final results tomorrow when the event is finished. Results may also be viewed on our own USAC website. Despite the use of tournament keeper software, USAC is able to post the winnings immediately after the end of the event for all anglers to see the transparency with which our events are run. Look for these on both websites.
Make it idiot proof and someone will invent a better idiot
Terry G.

Post by Terry G. »

You know tbob... as the owner of WON you should be more concerned about your organization posting results. Your organization hasn't posted results at all for some circuits, only a couple of events on other circuits, and you seldom ever post pay-outs. As an owner of a tourney organization you should be working with other owners to resolve the issues fishermen have with all the bickering, conflicts, and petty differences. Stirring the pot is childish and unprofessional. Quit being part of the problem and start being part of the solution or we will all lose out.
Terry G.
Bakersfield, CA.
tbob

Post by tbob »

Hi Terry

I will respond here and not in the new tournament section as your post is here.

I don't think I meant the post the way it came across to you. I am really wondering more about the new policies and the point in not having major Pro Am's posting information on the main forums.As you can see the Delta reults post on the main forum shows about 1,000 views and is one of the most read topics on either forum so major Pro Ams are big news on the forums. My guess is that if all the tournament talk and tournaemnt guys all posted over in thne tournament section, that nobody will eventually be on the "MAIN FORUM".

I came to westernbass.com that week to hear how they were doing and on Saturday morning how they did, and nothing was being mentioned. This was immediately following the new Tournament Policies, so I thought perhaps they weren't allowed to post and someone could simply give me a boat count. We all want to know that sort of thing, and so it's not a huge deal that I was curious how they did too. They could have had 150 boats for all I knew, and it was not an attempt to do anything more than hear how they did and see who signed up.

In my case it may be more of a professional curiosity, but I am nevertheless interested in these things, and who wins and who does well and how the event go, etc.. A lot of other people are curious too. As I said look at the post count on the Delta results thread and how many even looked at my thread to see if there was anything said. My point is that Pro Ams news needs to be on these forums as it has always been. If it is in the Tournament Forum that is where you will find most everyone at some point.