C.A.S.T for kids event lake Folsom needs Boaters

calfisher71

C.A.S.T for kids event lake Folsom needs Boaters

Post by calfisher71 »

CAST for kids event on lake Folsom May 21st needs boaters.

http://www.rbbassfishing.net/2011/03/23 ... s-boaters/
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
DG

Re: C.A.S.T for kids event lake Folsom needs Boaters

Post by DG »

Is this hosted by the Folsom Bass Team? Anyway count me in!
We also need boaters for the CBAF Kids Camp on May 1st.
Thanks
Dick
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

@ DG - Yes this is hosted by Folsom Bass Team

@ RBBassfishing.com - Thank you to Ron Howe and the gang for posting this information - We at Folsom Bass Team look forward to another successful CAST for Kids event on Folsom!
Mike Tuck

Post by Mike Tuck »

I'd love to help out with this, but it seems as though there is already a team derby ( folsom ABA) that day.

-Mike
markguyver

Post by markguyver »

this is a great event, fishing along with a BBQ cant wait to see all those kids gettin their fish on. come on out and join us for a great day. mark
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Mike Tuck wrote:I'd love to help out with this, but it seems as though there is already a team derby ( folsom ABA) that day.

-Mike
ABA is Sunday mike. Take a kid out Saturday to pre fish.
LL
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

Anything I can do to help get the word out when it comes to kids and fishing Im all in! I will also be attending the event.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
Mike Tuck

Post by Mike Tuck »

Well I'm in then. Let me know what you guys need besides me and my boat. These are great events, and there's no greater prize than seeing the smiles and joy these children experience when they are out on the water with us.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

-Mike Tuck
markguyver

Post by markguyver »

mike , get in touch with Rob Ridge through folsom bass team web site to find out what exactly he needs extra, at a previous meeting we talked about asking boaters to bring extra life jackets, maybe a spare jacket alot of the parents and kids have NEVER been on a boat before. look forward to seeing you out there. mark
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

These are great events that I look forward to. To hear some of the comments from the parents/guardians of these kids and to see their faces keep me coming back. I never thought it would be that gratifying. It's worth every bit of effort!

Hope to see you out there.
I had to come back...I know...
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

I agree, the satisfaction you will get from doing this outways, much of anything Ive ever done, I have not done CAST yet, but I have done the CO Pro Teen Rally and Girl Scouts fishing days. The way the kids and parents can feel you sharing a gift with them , well there really is no words to explain, You just have to experience it for yourself!
Last edited by calfisher71 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
markguyver

Post by markguyver »

this year as we did last year folsombass has teamed up with our main sponsor Capitol Autism, most all of the kids will be brought to the event through them, most of these kids and parents have a very busy life so a chance to get out on a boat and maybe catch fish is a chance to unwind and enjoy things they would never be able to do. along with the boaters, vollanters are also needed and welcomed there are lots of things going on all day so even if you dont have a boat contact folsom bass and spend the day with us and the families. mark
davet.

Post by davet. »

Count me in.....if I have a boat at the time. I may be between boats.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
Topwater All Day

Post by Topwater All Day »

Thanks again for posting this to help get the word out and for the responses I have already received! Please feel free to contact me with any questions about the event:

Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
(916)233-8068
rob4q_99@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

Rob
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
fishbonz412

Post by fishbonz412 »

For those of you worried about getting the kids on fish, don't worry. Many of them just want the boat ride!! some would prefer that and not even fish! Catching a fish is just a bonus. What some have done is go out early and put a fish in the livewell, so if you don't catch one with the kid, you have one to show and that they can touch. And the parents are very appreciative of this!

if you don't have a boat, you can help by doing things like launching/picking up the boats, shuttling families from the launch ramp to the picnic areas, cooking/setting up, cleaning up, etc.

This is a great event. Help out! Pay it forward!
--Sometimes it is best to be quiet and be thought the fool than to speak out and remove all doubt---
markguyver

Post by markguyver »

BUMP
Topwater All Day

Bump again!!!
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

Sounds to me like any help is good help and to come out and make this a fun event!@
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
Topwater All Day

Just wanted to bring this back up as the Folsom Bass Team CAST for Kids event is this coming Saturday, May 21st. We have received lots of verbal responses, but so far only have about 16 volunteer boats officially signed up...And we have over 40 kids signed up ready to go fishing! By helping out with this event, you will get free admission to Folsom Lake for the day, as well as a BBQ lunch, CAST t-shirt, and the opportunity to make a kid's day one that he/she will remember forever! Until you participate in an event like this, you really have no idea how much it means to these kids and their families.

If you are interested in helping out with this great event, or have any questions, please contact me for more info:

Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
http://www.folsombassteam.com
(916)233-8068
rob4q_99@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

Rob
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Leaving kids on the doc for a charity tournament is bad fishing karma - Bad fishing karma is when you lose 30lbs at the boat, have that donkey get off, forget to put the plug in the boat, hook your partners shirt, not cash a check in two years, back lashed once - if any of these things have happened to you then you need to bank some positive fishing Karma by joining us on Folsom for a few hours on Saturday. We could really use YOUR support, please dont think awe someone else will do it,if everyones thinking was in this way no one would show up. Help be a part of making this a great day. :mrgreen:

Thanks!
flipit

Post by flipit »

Im in for this. Ill be driving from San Jose.

Sean
Fishing should be fun.
markguyver

Post by markguyver »

Sean thx for the support i look forward to seeing you there , i grew up in almaden valley fishin calero and uvas so i cant wait to shoot the bull with you. mark
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

markguyver wrote:Sean thx for the support i look forward to seeing you there , i grew up in almaden valley fishin calero and uvas so i cant wait to shoot the bull with you. mark
Sean - Stay off my Water :twisted: Thanks for your support brother - Bass CATS representing - bring some business cards by for the ABU Garcia services. and some zipper worms for them folsom girlz - OK guys the gauntlet has been thrown down Sean is coming from Alameda who is going to be the furthest driver for this ONCE A YEAR EVENT.
flipit

Post by flipit »

ash wrote:
markguyver wrote:Sean thx for the support i look forward to seeing you there , i grew up in almaden valley fishin calero and uvas so i cant wait to shoot the bull with you. mark
Sean - Stay off my Water :twisted: Thanks for your support brother - Bass CATS representing - bring some business cards by for the ABU Garcia services. and some zipper worms for them folsom girlz - OK guys the gauntlet has been thrown down Sean is coming from Alameda who is going to be the furthest driver for this ONCE A YEAR EVENT.

Yeah I will bring some stuff with me. I have not fished Folsom in close to 7 years so all of its my water now. :roll:
Fishing should be fun.
Topwater All Day

Thanks for helping Sean! :D

If you would, send me an e-mail with your contact info when you have a chance. Thanks!

Rob
rob4q_99@yahoo.com
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
flipit

Post by flipit »

Topwater All Day wrote:Thanks for helping Sean! :D

If you would, send me an e-mail with your contact info when you have a chance. Thanks!

Rob
rob4q_99@yahoo.com

Sent Rob.
Fishing should be fun.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Just three days away and it looks like there will be kids sitting on the dock, Come on Nutcases lets show some love and support to our community, and join FBT on Folsom This Saturday.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

No need ta bump guys, as I have placed this for ya at the top as a "Sticky'!

We got three very important events going on with kids this weekend folks, this one, Steve Carson's Chico event and the CalBASS event on the Delta. If you are free and available to help us out, Please do contact those here running the events as there is sure ta be an event in your area this weekend where we get the chance to share our love of bass fishing with special groups! For those SoCal folks, we have the Wounded Warrior event down on Castaic too. Come on out and join the fun!
Topwater All Day

Thanks Cooch!!!

Rob
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team