MK Fortrexx vs Maxxum

crawdaddy

MK Fortrexx vs Maxxum

Post by crawdaddy »

I am looking to replace my TM and was wondering the difference. There is a $200 price difference. Any preferences?
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
minnkotaman

Re: MK Fortrexx vs Maxxum

Post by minnkotaman »

i'd go the fortrexx all the way. it's rock solid and quite.
none of the play at the pivot points that the maxxum
gets over time. well worth the price diff.
and the us-2 is well worth it, no wires running out side
the shaft.
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

The motor itself is the same except for coslmetic changes. The only differance is the mount. If you go with the Fortrex make sure who ever installs it they put the bounce buster and the tie down strap on it.
The Hook sells and installs them if your in the area call or stop by we can help you.
925-625-2441
Thanks
Gene
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I've had both. Believe it or not, I have had more problems (Minor plastic pieces breaking) with my Fortrexx than Maxxum. I love both though. Can't go wrong either way.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Kevin wrote:I've had both. Believe it or not, I have had more problems (Minor plastic pieces breaking) with my Fortrexx than Maxxum. I love both though. Can't go wrong either way.

+1 same as Kevin said on the breakage.
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

Another vote for the Maxxum. I have had several Maxxum's over the years and one (currently) Fortrexx.
Although the mount on the Fortrexx is solid, the shock has already gone away and as previously mentioned, the plastic on the housing has broken in several places.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

The footpedal has been redesigned, and one of the best features is that there is a single attachment point for the head, and simply removing an Allen bolt will allow you to remove the head from the base.

Love the Fortrex design myself.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?