Boycott Clear Lake

Caudawg

Re: Boycott Clear Lake

Post by Caudawg »

Same rules apply for Hidden Valley, Indian Valley, Blue Lakes, Highland Springs, and Clear Lake.
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

thats alot of water to Boycott then..............
again thats a tough one to do for people out of town. where do you get an inspection and stick at indian valley, pilsbury and others you mention? No we are burning some fuel just to get to the water with a sticker.
Last edited by jimmy87 on Fri May 27, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just shut up and fish
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

I am totally against the idea of a boycott. However, Leon's post is getting a lot of attention to this issue.
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
Leon Pugh

Post by Leon Pugh »

John think about the scenario I described about my miss understanding of the regulation I explained earlier. Now apply that to someone that may be very tight financially and keep in mind these are minimum penalties, I think you could also get up to year in jail and or probation as well, just depends on the prosecutor and judge. The attorney fees would be much more.

This has the potential to be devastating to some ones life, If Lake County feels it requires a measure this drastic the lake should just be closed.

I can not think of any other way to get their attention. If they had a program in effect that would actually be effective at least I could understand their thinking. As it is, it just appears to be a public image feel good thing with no regard to how it might effect someones life.

I really think that if most of the organizations presented to them the possibility of a boycott and offered suggestions for improving the program and volunteered to educate their anglers about the risks we are facing they would rethink this.

I think the best way to address the Quagga issue would be a treated pond that you pre launch all watercraft in, cycle the pumps and flush the bilge. Problem solved! Expensive yes but long term probably a good investment. Then it would not even matter if it was raining!

A boycott may seem drastic but a misdemeanor and a minimum of $2700 dollars is drastic.
Thank You Leon Pugh
leon.pugh@comcast.net
http://www.dobynsrods.com/
musseldogs

Post by musseldogs »

Mussel Dogs is an efficient and effective way to inspect boats before they launch in a waterway. We applaud Clear Lake for being proactive and understand that the only way to get the irresponsible to be responsible is to have consequences. The Idaho/Nevada border checks every boat, Nevada has legislation pending that every boat would have to be inspected before being launched into an unaffected waterway and Lake Tahoe has every boat inspected as well. Check us out at http://www.musseldogs.info.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

that's the problem. It's not an inspection. It's a screening! Sign, pay and get your sticker.
Consequences are one thing, this is ridiculous, as is your assumptions.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
scott h

Post by scott h »

It is a pretty damn simple process! get your inspection,ASK THEM TO PHYSICALLY CHECK YOUR BOAT(for your own peace of mind to validate doing the right thing) pay your ten bucks to fish for a month put the key board away and GO FISHING!
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Byron

Post by Byron »

Why is clear lake so concerned with the Quaggas when they are one of the worlds most mercury polluted bodies of water? Seems like they have bigger fish to fry.
And to leons post - Follow the rules and jump thru the hoops and the fine amount is not your problem.
Last edited by Byron on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Byron wrote:Why is clear lake so concerned with the Quaggas when they are the one of the worlds most mercury polluted body of water? Seems like they have bigger fish to fry.
I'm curious as to what Clear Lake does with its water--is any of it sold to agricultural end users or to municipalities as drinking water? Does Clear Lake have infrastructure connected to other bodies of water downstream?

If so, I could see those customers being concerned.
Rich reeser

Post by Rich reeser »

LETS PUT A STOP TP ALL THE COMPLAINING AND JUST DRAIN THE FRIGGING LAKE , PROBLEM SOLVED