Need Info on Lake Cammanche Please

Dom

Need Info on Lake Cammanche Please

Post by Dom »

My Family and I are planning on taking our camping trip this year to Lake Cammanche , Only problem is I have never camped there I went to the web site but there are so many places can some body tell me which area is the best we plan o going mid June . I want to be close to the water so we ca just tie up a bass boat ad a wake board boat . I was thinking Blue Oaks on the north shore? Also any power there to charge trolling batteries? will be about 12-14 of us all tent camping .

I have fished almost every lake in northern california but this one so any fishing tips would be apprecieated, like does it fish like the delta? Folsom? Largemouth? Spots?

Thanks in advance Dom
Tight Lines Dom
Hipster

Re: Need Info on Lake Cammanche Please

Post by Hipster »

Dom wrote:I have fished almost every lake in northern california but this one so any fishing tips would be apprecieated, like does it fish like the delta? Folsom? Largemouth? Spots?

Thanks in advance Dom
Dom,

In mid June Commmanche will be a ZOO!!!, Skiing Jet Skis etc.

As for the fishing by this time of year you would be better off targeting schooling spots first thing in the morning with Sammys, Spooks and poppers. Then dart head or dropshot later in the day. The lake has tons of off shore structure to fish and 20- 30feet is a good start.
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Dom.. I think the south shore will get you closer to the water. The best advise I can give you, with all the high water this year, is take a drive up there and look around ahead of time, make a day of it, the bass are biting!! I'm sure you will find somehthing next to the lake.
DeltaBassBuster

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

Dom,
If you are using an RV by any chance you can park / hook up next to the south shore trout pond. I love fly fishing in my float tube there and have caught big trout up to 12 lbs.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Thanks everyone for the for the info and tips, we are gonna drive up today and check it out. Think that would be the best bet .
Tight Lines Dom
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Dom wrote:Thanks everyone for the for the info and tips, we are gonna drive up today and check it out. Think that would be the best bet .
Goggle earth might help too... :D
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

Some additional info, They have trout ponds too. I believe the South Shore marina has the pond....you have North and South Marinas. The middle of the lake has a sumberged town and while its largly clear there are areas on the south shore that have significant weed beds. Last year the The FPT TOC day one was there and if fished tough, with liples scrankbaits doing best. FPT has an episode made as a prefish video with ISH Monroe, somebody probably has it recorded.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Thanks everyone looks like we will be staying at the south shore Blue oaks it looks like a nice lake ad thanks for the info one the submerge structure I got new fish finders on the boat, so good place to try em out :)

Thanks Dom
Tight Lines Dom
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

there are lots of rock pile and rocks that can rip off your outboard before you know what happen.
Study the lake map and try to do your running in the main river channel.
They do a pretty good job of marking the hazzards with SMALL markers that are anchored to the rocks and pop up as the lake level falls.
They are sometimes HARD TO SEE but they are scattered all over the lake in many differnt areas.

The river was damed and flood the surrounding areas. The differce with camamnche and the other mother lode lakes is that its not in a canyon. Because the area is flat the lake is much shallower and as a result if your not in the river channel you need to take caution until you know the lake.
fishing great. Good spotted bass and large mouth. The balance there is good.
It fishes alot like new melones
just shut up and fish
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

DeltaBassBuster wrote:Dom,
If you are using an RV by any chance you can park / hook up next to the south shore trout pond. I love fly fishing in my float tube there and have caught big trout up to 12 lbs.
Dom,

I have only stayed there in early spring but the south shore is where its at for camping, getting a ticket for the trout pond is big fun with the kids and grown ups, nice accomodations, power, etc... Comanche is a largie, spot and smallie lake with lots of island tops on the main lake - It probably fishes more like Berry but instead of the islands being above the water line tehy are submerged - bring lots of spoons its a great spoon lake, jig lake, and swimbait - but I have to admit I have never been there in the summer.