Top Stick Tour Signs with Western Bass!

Caudawg

Top Stick Tour Signs with Western Bass!

Post by Caudawg »

Western Bass is pleased to announce that Top Stick Tour is now a Site Sponsor of WesternBass.com! Being a site sponsor as a tournament organization gives this circuit the ability to promote their events both on the main Bass Fishing Forum and in the Tournament Forum among other benefits.In the Tournament Forum, Top Stick Tour will have a Rollover Ad that will be updated periodically and may be used for promotion of upcoming events and/or promoting it's anglers.

I asked John Barron a few questions that can help anglers understand more about about their circuit:

WB: What is the Top Stick Tour all about?

JB: Top Stick is more of an entry level series designed to get the club level guys out and start fishing bigger circuits. So far we have added 5 new teams to other circuits such as WON and Anglers Choice. These teams would never have fished either of these circuits before. That's one of the points of this circuit to help develop a larger pool of tournament fishermen.

It's also designed to be an affordable tournament for father sons or daughters and husband wives. With basic entry set at $100 with a few $10 options the most a team can pay is $160. Well that's about half what a team would have to pay in most other circuits. As most of us know participation in tournament fishing is down for several reasons. What we are trying to do is try to bring some of the club level guys out, help them get some exposure to a more diversified group and hopefully give them some confidence to go fish the other events sort of a Triple A league.

We do try to screen who fishes these events as carefully as we can but since we never know who is going to show up sometimes we miss one or two guys. Once we find someone we don't feel is an entry level type of fisherman we don't allow them to fish again. We try our best to keep the playing field as level as we can. We try to keep the "seasoned" tournament anglers out so our participants are not competing against the teams that dominate the other circuits.

WB: What does it cost to join?

JB: Memberships are $35 each. There is a family membership discount of $15 for each additional family member.

WB: Can you tell the readers about your future plans/events?

JB: We are finishing up this year at Castaic June 12 and the qualifiers will go to Santa margarita for a two day championship. We are considering adding a region or two and we are working on that now.

WB: What is your payback ratio?

JB: Our payback is 1 in 4 so the opportunity to cash a check is better.

WB: Welcome aboard, John. We look forward to partnering with Top Stick Tour in the promotion of your events!

To learn more...go to http://www.topsticktour.com/
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
RipnRog

Re: Top Stick Tour Signs with Western Bass!

Post by RipnRog »

So the initial thought of moving the tourney announcements off of the main board cause they cluttered it all up was really just a way of saying that western bass is a pay to post and it is really all about the money?
John Barron

Re: Top Stick Tour Signs with Western Bass!

Post by John Barron »

RipnRog:
I didn't look at it that way. I looked at it as a way to get my company's name out there and help it grow. When I owned NBW I was an advertiser on this site and it worked well for me then. Now that Top Stick is moving forward my sponsors like the fact that I can include their names in my posts on this site.

So I don't see it as a "pay to post" but as an opportunity to get my sponsors more advertising and recognition.

Thanks for posting on this thread and help keeping it up at the top.
John Barron
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products