Zero Tolerace on the Delta this weekend

bayscotter

Zero Tolerace on the Delta this weekend

Post by bayscotter »

A friend in the know says there is a "Blitz" on the delta this weekend from many law enforcment agencies. Sherriff, Coast Guard, and many others. Make sure you have all the needed PFD's and other items required. Also, if your see someone pulled over and there is a "blue light", make sure you have no wake or you'll get popped for a $150 ticket. Any others heard this?
civicrr

Re: Zero Tolerace on the Delta this weekend

Post by civicrr »

Seems to me that there has been more enforcement this spring than in the last couple of years. I've seen the sheriff's boat around Orwood more this year than the last three. I saw them checking out people's numbers/tags. Even saw a bunch of people having paperwork checked. Buddy also reports seeing people having a serious conversations with the sheriff - those docks on the straight between Orwood & Indian Slough had boats tied up & people weren't slowing down to 'no wake' speed.

Personally, I don't think it is a bad idea. The Delta can be dangerous enough without people acting like ding dongs.
backseatfishergirl

Post by backseatfishergirl »

Stopped twice last season...once full check paperwork, vests, the works....other warned for lights (getting close to dusk) ....both times at or near Ladd's. All was good - no tix.
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

I have received a couple of emails for the Sheriffs department regarding bass boats speeding by docks just around the corner of Franks Track on your way to Holland Cut. There is a dock on the right hand side that sometimes has a small aluminum boat tied to it, you can barley see it, you have to shut down and have no wake by it.
They told me I need to control my tournament boaters. The Marine Patrol out of Stockton are going to be in the White Slough and Disappointment Slough a lot this year because of the skiers and bass boats.
Be ware guys.
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

I slow down when I see a skier in the water. I do not think that there is, but does anyone know if there is a law for downed skiers similar to no wake for boats tied to docks?
Gator

Post by Gator »

WackySenko wrote:I slow down when I see a skier in the water. I do not think that there is, but does anyone know if there is a law for downed skiers similar to no wake for boats tied to docks?

I just looked at the law and it specifically EXCLUDES down skiers from the 5 mph rule. I used to always slow to 5 when I lived there......
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

Thank you for checking on that Gator
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

I'd like to see the law Gator. How about swimmers? 50ft.? All I know is that they give ya some nasty looks if you are even just cruising by them....yet think nothing of it when they rock a 4-5ft. wake towards ya. I hate summer traffic. Best to be off th water by 10 and back on around 7 in the evening.
LL South
Vince Borges

Post by Vince Borges »

They were out alright! thick as fleas on a dog! Went out for an hour to test run my boat and counted at least 10 sheriff boats and three coast guard. I never got pulled over Even ran next to and behind a couple of them. The only thing that i noticed was they had a boat stopped ( actually they had about 30 boats stopped) but in this instance i was going passed them about 50-70 yds away on the other side of the main channel and I slowed to about 25 just barely keeping it on pad, and the sheriff started to signal me to slow down to 5. so when they have a boat they are against or stopped i guess your supposed to idle past . Though like i said, he was the only one out of the 30 or so we passed that asked me to slow down more.
http://www.eyesurrender.com
http://www.proworm.com
http://www.basstackledepot.com
http://www.phenixrods.com
http://www.tntbaits.com
http://www.blackwaterinternationalinc.com
http://www.megastrike.com
http://www.vinceborgesoutdoors.com
sgvangler

Post by sgvangler »

30 or so???????? WTF! That's way too much chorizo in the water for me. :shock:
scott h

Post by scott h »

Gene Buchholz wrote:I have received a couple of emails for the Sheriffs department regarding bass boats speeding by docks just around the corner of Franks Track on your way to Holland Cut. There is a dock on the right hand side that sometimes has a small aluminum boat tied to it, you can barley see it, you have to shut down and have no wake by it.
They told me I need to control my tournament boaters. The Marine Patrol out of Stockton are going to be in the White Slough and Disappointment Slough a lot this year because of the skiers and bass boats.
Be ware guys.
Gene, Is the five mph rule in effect for that dock only when there is a boat tied to it? I could be wrong but simiular to the two docks just down from orwood I think it only applies when there are boats on them or is it all the time?
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

scott h wrote:Gene, Is the five mph rule in effect for that dock only when there is a boat tied to it? I could be wrong but simiular to the two docks just down from orwood I think it only applies when there are boats on them or is it all the time?
That is correct Scott, the 5mph if a vessel is moored applies anywhere on Navigable waters. If no boat is moored, and no speed control signs are posted, you can proceed normally past the dock. This particulare dock, is right around the corner of Holland Tract coming out of Frank's & Sandmound, it is very easy to miss that lil boat when it is there, I think that was Gene's main reason for his post, do be aware, law enforcement IS watching, especially when you aren't!
scott h

Post by scott h »

Thanks for clearing that up cooch. I know exactly where that dock is and everytime im out and have a friend with me I slow down at that dock and tell them to watch for a boat there I have seen the sheriffs there sitting in the tules waving people over to write them up!
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Vince Borges wrote:They were out alright! thick as fleas on a dog! Went out for an hour to test run my boat and counted at least 10 sheriff boats and three coast guard. I never got pulled over Even ran next to and behind a couple of them. The only thing that i noticed was they had a boat stopped ( actually they had about 30 boats stopped) but in this instance i was going passed them about 50-70 yds away on the other side of the main channel and I slowed to about 25 just barely keeping it on pad, and the sheriff started to signal me to slow down to 5. so when they have a boat they are against or stopped i guess your supposed to idle past . Though like i said, he was the only one out of the 30 or so we passed that asked me to slow down more.
Vince this is strait from the ABC's Of The California Boating Law: http://www.dbw.ca.gov/Pubs/Abc/ABCFull.pdf
Any vessel approaching, overtaking, being approached, or being overtaken
by, a moving law enforcement vessel operating with a siren or an illuminated
blue light, or any vessel approaching a stationary law enforcement vessel
displaying an illuminated blue light, shall immediately slow to a speed
sufficient to maintain steerage only, shall alter its course, within its ability,
so as not to inhibit or interfere with the operation of the law enforcement
vessel, and shall proceed, unless otherwise directed by the operator of
the law enforcement vessel, at the reduced speed until beyond the area of
operation of the law enforcement vessel.
If you are in the river and see a sheriff who has a boat pulled over its probably best to come off plane and slow down past them or your probably the next blue light special.

For everyone else the ABC's of boating is a worth while read in between Westernbass.com magazine and checking your work email :wink:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Dom

Post by Dom »

Hey is that law still in effect about the throwable? if I remember right we had to have that big throwable on the deck of the boat kinda hard when you got 20 rods strung across the front deck. :D
Tight Lines Dom
backseatfishergirl

At stop last fall - said had to be out...

stuffed behind driver seat with handle up and grab ready and it passed at the next stop okay.
bayscotter

Post by bayscotter »

backseatfishergirl wrote:At stop last fall - said had to be out...

stuffed behind driver seat with handle up and grab ready and it passed at the next stop okay.
So, you have to have the throwable device out???
backseatfishergirl

It wasn't out at the check but only got a warning wasn't fined but told that they could...... at the time i put it behind drivers seat ...it fits snugly so it wont blow out but the handle is visible so a tug and it would come out and cold be thrown into the water immediately which is what the warning was about.... and its easy to see so if stopped and checked anyone can see its "out and available to throw" ...which is what they are lookin' for....it passed a second stop last season and its still in the same place
Dom

Post by Dom »

Thanks for the info backseatfishergirl, Gonna have to do another turkey shoot on the delta this year :D
Tight Lines Dom
bayscotter

Post by bayscotter »

I'm the guy who is gunna trip over the throwable device and then fall in the water. Ha. I think I'll keep it in the flip box.
backseatfishergirl

Thanks for the info backseatfishergirl, Gonna have to do another turkey shoot on the delta this year
Yah,but maybe this time ya'll come up to our neck o' the woods... huh?
Dom

Post by Dom »

What part of the woods would that be? :D
Tight Lines Dom
backseatfishergirl

Outta Ladds lots of good water up here in these parts too

....back then was the first time id ever seen that island with all the abandoned dwellings the place that looks like it was nuked and evac'd in the night whats that island called i've been told difrent names skulll island lil sf sewer somethin jus wondered wat is real name and what happened really
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Sounds like you've got your compass pointed the wrong way, Jody!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
backseatfishergirl

compass....whats that? .... a compass , hmmmm last time when i asked if the Hds was supposed to adjust to daylight saving time automatically like a cell phone bcuz it didn't change time automatically and we were an hour late to weighin someone suggested a watch.... a watch? a compass? you guys and ur new fangled gadgets....what will u think of next :)
DeltaBassBuster

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

Ya!! Watch for that blue light and slow down to steering speed. I got a ticket last year even in my 12 ft. custom Valco "BASSBUSTER1" and I stayed clear way off to the side of the channel in the shallower water and they still chased me down. The judge placed me on probation for one year and I have to wait until this next September to go back to court to get my fine money back as long as I do not get another boating violation. I staying off the water this weekend since the different counties are hard up to make more money through fining boaters like us.

Good luck and catch some fish for me out there, I'd rather fly fish at Grupe Park this weekend.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Ladds. No problem 14 mile, whites,etc is all my old water LMAO That island you are talking about we all call it twin skulls I have no reason why but I think the real name is salsbury(sp) island . story I got was back in the day people squated there and built some really nice huts there then EBM came in and told them they all had to leave somthing about no power or running water

I watched that place go from nice summer vacationing spot in the summer to broke windows, vandalized then the bull dozers came and cleared it. Alot of money thrown away. And that place only produces in the spring/ spawn on the inside. the out side and quimby island produce all year. Believe it or not its easy to figure out down here there is only so many deep holes and channel bends from Rivers End to Victoria Canal I have spent alot of time on this end of the delta and know every log, tule berm,hole and drop from old river to grant line canal to victoria canal , to Unoin Point , Bull frog and Cruiser haven :D :D :D toom me about 4 years to figure it out and you have to really take the PUMPS into consideration down here if your exspecting a high tide then you have to take into account how hard the pumps are running I have been on this end exspecting a 3+ ft tide and it only hit 1foot if them pumps are running hard the water will not come up you have to notice this and adjust. Just some tips to help yall out alot of people dont like fishing down on this end of the river but truth is this place holds some big fish you just gotta figure it out.

Ladds sounds good if I ever get my boat back from Lyle (hopefully this week) I will set another turkey shoot up :D :D
Tight Lines Dom
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

I'd be down for another summer TS Dom.............. :D
LL South
Dom

Post by Dom »

No doubt buddy , I need some redemption :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tight Lines Dom
backseatfishergirl

Ladds sounds good if I ever get my boat back from Lyle (hopefully this week) I will set another turkey shoot up
sounds good!...after iCAST tho

thanx for the info on the island...i didn't know it had been bulldozed...
and thanx for all the info on fishin that end...you can pm some wpt's too :)

when you're just headin' out to fun fish there are so many places to hit within minutes of Ladds, sometimes it's hard to spend time runnin' somewhere else that takes up all the time you could be fishin...so I must say we do more time up here ...I have looked for that island on nav but couldn't find it with any of the names people where tellin me...will check the new one..thanx!
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

I would love to fish tourneys with you guys but with my fishing rig I would need a 20 minute head start to get to any good spots.
Dom

Post by Dom »

It dont matter what ya got to fish out of as long as you got some sort of livewell ( I hate dead bass ), when I put it on your more then welcome to come fish it :D :D :D
Tight Lines Dom
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

I got a 2011 tracker superguide v-16 with a 40hp mercy. Everytime I fish against my buddies they have already hit 2Mildred spots by the time Ive gotten to my first lol :D