Gary Dobyns??

Mike

Gary Dobyns??

Post by Mike »

Hey Gary, I'm in the market to buy new rods since I feel like I got burned by Phenix rods (long story) and I've been looking at the Powell rods. Very nice job you guys did designing these, they feel great and a nice and light. The question I have is why are the flipping sticks not colapsable? I want a couple of the 8 footers for flipping jigs, but they wont fit my my 488's rod locker and its a painin the but to take them in and out each trip. I'm sure there is a good reason for this..........???
Triton Mike

Re: Gary Dobyns??

Post by Triton Mike »

Mike, I'm far from Gary D but part of the reason why there are no collapsable 8ft flippers (or any size rods) is due to the collapsable rods being heavier in weight . Typically collapsable rods are heavier and in most occasions more expensive than one piecers. Thats not to say they won't build one in the future if there is a demand.

T Mike
Gary Dobyns

Re: Gary Dobyns??

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Hi Mike, We made the flippin sticks 1 piece to cut down on weight and make them more sensitive. We thought about the problems of a 1 piece rod but figured the positives out weighed the negatives. It was very hard trying to figure out what was the best overall choice for the most fishermen. Of course, if we get asked for something different we are going to try to please our customers. By the way, I'd like to give a big thanks to all of our Powell customers. If you think we have missed something, PLEASE let me know.