Places to eat while on the delta...

tYLoU

Places to eat while on the delta...

Post by tYLoU »

I was wondering where people eat if the spend a long day on the delta? A buddy an I usually just cruise down to Discovery Bay. But sometimes that can be a ride depending where we are in the delta. Does anyone know any good places to eat if we didnt pack a lunch?
jimmy87

Re: Places to eat while on the delta...

Post by jimmy87 »

orwood, whiskey slough, rusty port hole, union point'
just shut up and fish
tYLoU

Post by tYLoU »

Thanks, are those just marina's with resturaunts?
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

jimmy87 wrote:orwood, whiskey slough, rusty port hole, union point'
All sound good to me

Orwood is great centrally located - good burger nice bar, Whiskey Slough has a few different restraunts, never been there...Rusty Porthole is on Bethel Island right down from Russos STRONG DRINK decent grub - Union Point -well nice scenery :mrgreen:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Last I knew, Union Point was closed and up for sale... haven't been by there in a month or so, so it is possible they opened up for the season?

Whiskey only has the one place, on the water, and I haven't actually eaten there because it has usually been closed when I've been there.

Orwood rocks, but it is just down the river from Disco. Great food, cold beer, excellent scenery at times, and a great view of the launch ramp shenanigans.

And the Rusty Porthole is a must stop.

All of them are right on the water, with dock space to tie off to.

Also, if you're out East, I think it was Windmill Cove that had a really good burger joint, along with another eatery or two?

If you head up North-east, you can stop in at Tower Park and grab a bite or drink, and a bit to the West of that there's a few places on the Delta Loop where you can satisfy your yearning.

There's a ton more I'm sure, but I'm usually good with taking a sandwhich and chips so I don't have to take the time out when the fishing is on!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

Garlic Brothers by stockton! Awesome place
"Jig fish are big fish"
Dom

Post by Dom »

Union Point Closed! For Sale!???? That suks I always stop there grab a corona and check out the scenery :D :D :D It on my run I start in old river and work my way that way then by noon go kill some time there and work my spots back. Thats gonna suk if it closed, Im gonna have to start fishing Disco Bay so I can hit Orwood :shock:
Tight Lines Dom
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

Bob's at the Marina - right across from Garlic Brothers near the end of Fourteen Mile Slough. Great burgers, fries, onion rings. Plenty of dock space to park then eat on the patio. Saw "Elvis" working on his yacht last time we were there.
roaroar

Post by roaroar »

I believe its called pirate cove , dock parking, right at the mouth of san joaquin and mokelumme. Use to have the best hamburger, hand made with real meat. ate there ever time I went out last year.
Trackerbass

Post by Trackerbass »

Union Point is open. I just ate there saturday. Good grub, nice bar, excellent scenery!
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Glad to hear that!!! I was watching it anxiously all Spring - I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! By boat or by road, it is a great stop regardless!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
DeltaBassBuster

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

Wind Mill Cove on Tuesdays,"Taco Tuesdays" all you can eat for $6. Choice of Beef or chicken, hard shell or soft shell. My tacos end up like giant burritos since you can choose your own toppings and I load them up. :-) CHOW TIME!!!!!
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

Spin drift and the outrigger are up near 3 mile.. those are on the water too. But i would recommend "The P-Hole" (rusty porthole).. BI's finest! :wink:
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!
rickd

Post by rickd »

The Asian chick behind the bar at Union Point is worth a trip period...
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

tunaman wrote:Last I knew, Union Point was closed and up for sale... haven't been by there in a month or so, so it is possible they opened up for the season?

Whiskey only has the one place, on the water, and I haven't actually eaten there because it has usually been closed when I've been there.

Orwood rocks, but it is just down the river from Disco. Great food, cold beer, excellent scenery at times, and a great view of the launch ramp shenanigans.

All of them are right on the water, with dock space to tie off to.

Also, if you're out East, I think it was Windmill Cove that had a really good burger joint, along with another eatery or two?

If you head up North-east, you can stop in at Tower Park and grab a bite or drink, and a bit to the West of that there's a few places on the Delta Loop where you can satisfy your yearning.

There's a ton more I'm sure, but I'm usually good with taking a sandwhich and chips so I don't have to take the time out when the fishing is on!

Roger
Roger,
Was Windmill Cove the place that you and me and Hub had those great burgers and cold beverages?
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Wolfeman wrote:
Roger,
Was Windmill Cove the place that you and me and Hub had those great burgers and cold beverages?
- Wolfeman
Wolfe,
Me thinks that was Bob's at the Marina up by Garlic Bros in 14 mile slough... I could be wrong, happened more than five minutes ago so I am not obliged to remember :mrgreen:
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Giusti's Place on the Mokelumne River. One of the best prime ribs ever--the accompanying family style minestrone and bread are also top notch...
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Wolfeman wrote:Roger,
- Wolfeman
Nah, that was Bob's as Obi mentioned... I was trying to recall what and where that was, but my feable memory failed me.

Now THAT is a great place to eat on the River!!! I've got to remember to hit it, next time I'm out. Shoot, y'all are making me HUNGRY!!! :twisted:

Oh, and don't say it came from me (shhhhhhh!!!) b u t the a n g e l with the w i n g s at Union Point is well worth the trip, if she's still there! :shock: :oops: :lol: :wink:

Roger
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

The Outrigger Cafe, over near Brannon Island Launch has some awesome "eye candy". Hard to beat that place if the fishing is slow, and you want to go "clamming". (that's code back in Georgia my fishing buddy and i had for girl catchin when the fishing stunk and we gave up and hit the bar; we went clamming!)

Happy Harbour, out on the main river, between 7mile and Molekune, is a cheap beer and burger place. rather dark, but otherwise fun!

Kopper
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
Duckman

Post by Duckman »

Kings Island has a grill for breakfest and lunch and if you call in your order it will be ready when you get there.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

This is a great post, so I've made it sticky so we can get some more input.

I've got to make a list and mark them on my map, although I haven't used my map on the water in about two years! :lol:

Keep the comments and suggestions coming - can't wait to try out some of these that I haven't been to before.

Roger
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

tunaman wrote:This is a great post, so I've made it sticky so we can get some more input.

I've got to make a list and mark them on my map, although I haven't used my map on the water in about two years! :lol:

Keep the comments and suggestions coming - can't wait to try out some of these that I haven't been to before.

Roger
Uhh... that is why you make them Waypoints in your GPS :roll: :mrgreen:

Now we just need to get all the coordinates for all these eateries :twisted:
ASD

Post by ASD »

Obi-Hub wrote:
tunaman wrote:This is a great post, so I've made it sticky so we can get some more input.

Roger

DAM u type faster then I :cry:
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

ASD wrote:
Obi-Hub wrote:

Roger

DAM u type faster then I :cry:
Never get between the Hub and Grub!! :mrgreen:
surfk9

Post by surfk9 »

On the Moke' @ Walnut Grove you could hit Wimpy's for a burger or breakfast....if your out late you can grab dinner also.plus they've got a bar (if you're so inclined) :lol:
be careful out there!!! HAVE FUN!!! Wear your PFD.....It could Save your Life
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

tunaman wrote:.

Roger
Ah yes the rusty porthole !!! I spent a week there one night ..... :D
Gator

Post by Gator »

stickbait wrote:
tunaman wrote:.

Roger
Ah yes the rusty porthole !!! I spent a week there one night ..... :D

Hahahaha Mark!!!!
Tom Proffitt

Post by Tom Proffitt »

Rosa's at Tower Marina, great pizza and burgers.
upriverLMB

Post by upriverLMB »

Highly recommend Bullfrog for frozen Tina Burritos or White Castle microwave burgers, 18 packs of Coors light and an abundance of ice.
LMB
bruizer343

Post by bruizer343 »

Ski Beach........ 8)