Trinity Lake Help?

drdetroit3

Trinity Lake Help?

Post by drdetroit3 »

I will be going up to Trinity at the end of the month for a few days houseboating and i am planning on pulling my boat.
I have never been here before, looking for a little help.(never fished north of clearlake)!
I have heard dropshotting in 40' for small mouths, topwater, swimbaits??
I also will have 5 kids and would love to get them on some trout, powerbait or catcmasters??

Any advise or suggestions would be great, we are launching in the south and I assume we will set up home there but I will be bringing my boat to run with.

Thanks, Mike

Any one know of a local tackle shop i can call for info??
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Trinity Lake Help?

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I havefished there a few times, mostly earlier in the year (April, May, June)..I have done well with R2S Bottom Walkers, but I am sure other swimbaits will work also..Darterheading Smallie Beavers can also put a few in the boat..I haven't done that well with crankbaits, or top waters, but I would think you could catch them that way also..The small mouth fishing can be awesome..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Joe Bruce

Post by Joe Bruce »

i went for a week bunch of summers ago. record heat and 3 to 5 lb smallies everywhere on the south end. dropshotted a shad worm in 3 to 12 feet. one of the best fishin vacations iv ever had. every stump had a nice smallie on it
drdetroit3

Post by drdetroit3 »

Thanks guys sound like a good smallie lake!!!
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

You can check with Phil's Propellers in Redding. They can give you the latest on the lake. They are listed on the left side of the screen 13th box down.
620 Dude

Post by 620 Dude »

Can't hardly beat the Trinity Center Area of the lake .You can catch trout at most all of the areas where's there's water running in.
As for bass the Dredger piles north of town town with reaction baits and tube baits.(Be careful lots of Hazards)
If You like Dropshotting go to the East side at Tritity Center.Robo Worms in Red Crawler or any variation of that will work. Spooks Work early on Points (Fewer fish..but bigger)
Good luck Be safe
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

Hi Mike,
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner...shoot me a PM, I am certain I can give you part of the 40 years I have fished on Trinity
Lake! Jim Miller
basnlmt
drdetroit3

Post by drdetroit3 »

Jim PM sent
drdetroit3

Post by drdetroit3 »

Leaving tomorrow, looking forward to some nice smallies, any last minute advice??
rexford

Post by rexford »

If you have been in communications with Mr. Miller just follow his advice
and hang on. The man knows that lake.