Piru boat inspections 2 tourney's next month FED & JOE'S

Ray L.

Piru boat inspections 2 tourney's next month FED & JOE'S

Post by Ray L. »

I just hung up the phone with Ranger Clayton at Lake Piru. He informed me of the new boat inspections for this season. They are more strick now than last year. You must have your boat clean and dry as well as your motor that will be lowered and your livewell pipes will be turned on. You may also be asked to turn on your bildge pump as well. Make sure that everything is dry guys. The Fed tournament is April 19th. The top stick Joe's is April 26th at this lake.
Ranger Clayton also informed me that the girls at the lake have been trained to do the boat inspections by the Regional DFG Warden so they will be doing most of the inspections and could be the one to turn you away. If you are turned away by 1 of these Gal's please do not yell at them or try to intimidate them. If you feel you have been wrongly turned away ask for a second opinion and a Ranger will come and check the problem. There is no reason to yell at the staff since they are only following policy set by the water board.
1 other thing is that Pyramid is looking to do boat inspections as well. They are looking into gov. grants to help pay for it.
If you have any qestions feel free to e mail me or you can call the lake and ask for Ranger Clayton. He said he would answer any of the anglers concerns. He is a great guy and wants the bass guys there so please work with him not against him because he will ban guys for a year if he finds out that you yelled at his staff. There were some guys over the late summer and winter who yelled at his staff and cursed at them and he has there names and if he see's them he will ban them.
Let's make this some great tournaments at Piru and work with there staff.
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Big Ed

Re: Piru boat inspections 2 tourney's next month FED & JOE'S

Post by Big Ed »

Good afternoon Ray;

Will all of the remaining Top Stick Joe events launch in flights or is there possibility of "launch and go" at these tournaments?

Piru is practicing the "tag out" procedure if you happen to pre fish. If we are tagged do you mind if we pull up through the left lane or do you prefer every TSJ contestant to go through the right lane with the general public? The girls there do accept boaters with tags in the left lane if they have exact change.

Thanks; Big Ed!
What you say is meaningless.........What you do is everything!
Ray L.

Re: Piru boat inspections 2 tourney's next month FED & JOE'S

Post by Ray L. »

Ed,
I would love it if you were a tag out. That would make it much easier on all of us.
It will be flights never launch and go. That would not be fair and I could not keep track of all of you in the am.
Good luck and have fun. Piru is 1 of my favorite lakes we have so take good care of those green fish. Many of them have my name on the inside of the upper jaw. :lol:
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me