Results for The Fed at Piru 4/19

Ray L.

Results for The Fed at Piru 4/19

Post by Ray L. »

26 Anglers entered the 3rd. event for the season at Lake Piru and what a great day to fish. The bass were in a spring time pattern and eating well. Blades, cranks, flipping and dropshot were the order of the day. Doug Delgado won with 11.25 pounds out of the back of the boat. He caught them in the narrows on under spins. A side note is that his partners trolling motor broke early in the day and he was still able to boat a limit and win. In second was Tony Capparelli with 10.70 pounds caught on dropshot and rattle traps. On a side note for Tony he was unable to launch on time because a couple of young men side swiped his trailer and are now in jail. Third was Kevin Shin with 10.65 pounds. Fourth place was Ray Leyerly with 10.51 pounds and rounding out the top 5 was last years champion at Piru, Jay Benoit with 10.02 pounds. Big fish honors went to Joe Payne with a 4.46 pounder. The Monster Energy drink first out of the money award went to John Younce. He finished 6th with 9.84 pounds and won a case of Monster Energy Drink supplied by Jim Basham. I will have the overalls later.
1 Doug Delgado 11.25
2 Tony Capparelli 10.70
3 Kevin Shin 10.65
4 Ray Leyerly 10.51
5 Jay Benoit 10.02
6 John Younce 9.84 Monster Energy Drink Award
7 J.R. Kondrecki 9.70
8 Shane Morgan 9.54
9 Lance Karafelas 9.51
10 John Fike 9.50
11 Jerry Ballesteros 9.42
12 Mike Lander 8.99
13 Bryan Kurata 8.86
14 Soon Chul Lee 8.77
15 Brian Sasahara 8.60
16 Joe Payne 8.17 Big Fish 4.46 pounds
17 Ronaldo Kim 7.49
18 Jeff Armstrong 7.15
19 Jay Wright 6.80
20 Ik Kyan Lee 6.45
21 Ben De La Fuente 6.30
22 Eduard Poghosyan 4.84
23 Phil Brown 4.11
24 Jim Basham 3.65
25 Robert Schneider 3.36
26 Dale Jennings 0.00
26 Psalm Respress 0.00
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
psalm

Re: Results for The Fed at Piru 4/19

Post by psalm »

Congrats are in order to my man Doug, he told me how tuff the fishing has been on the this circurt has been for him to score good and after launching late also, after seeing the jerks who hit Tony, we hit the water with hitting all my spots,in mind and there will be some who won't believe me, after entering the water we hit one of my favorite spots to get a limit, we see bass breaking early and I said its on went to get my my Minn Kota 101 pulled in and no go no power I tell Doug to get going its going to be a great day, you will hear it here first my boy caught all his fish and win this thing without a trolling motor at all, I wanted fish don't get me wrong, but after getting there and not having the right mind set for the day I am spent my fishing for points cranking most of the day, and just looking for my favorite pockets that I know always have fish, some may get it and some my not this was the first time I used my 1993 MAXUM fish and ski to fish the front seat, and to have my boat get on the fish without a trolling motor and win for the day, it truly made my day BIG CONGRATS to Doug keep up the good work you and your partner will knock em dead in the up coming events keep the faith bro... in the up coming events... remember your fishing in a New Triton use the same things I showed ya.....

Psalm
http://basstarbaits.com/

****(Just when you thought you bought you last lure, your see the hot lure and buy another)****