Dennis Morgan

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
palmdale-shane

Dennis Morgan

Post by palmdale-shane »

Just wanted to let everyone know Dennis had “two” accidents over the holiday weekend and ended up with a broken clavicle. He crashed while dirt bike riding Sunday morning out at Cal City. The first crash had him sore and shaken up but nothing seemed to be broken. He sucked it up, took some Tylenol and slept for a few hours. Later in the day he said he was feeling better and went out riding again and this time was hit head on by a young person on a quad that lost control coming down a hill. After this it was very clear that there was at least one broken bone so off to the hospital we went. He is very lucky that he was wearing all of his protective gear or it would have been worse. I’m not sure if it was fractured already from the first time or not but it now looks like his entire football season is over for sure. He’s been working hard all summer to get into shape and his first game was going to be on 9/11. Defiantly no fishing for a while either.
Yoz

Re: Dennis Morgan

Post by Yoz »

Sorry to hear this Shane, I hope everything heals OK. I was looking forward to fishing against you guys again. Hopefully a full recovery for next season.

Best of luck Dennis
Yoz
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Damn Shane.....Wishes for a speedy and full recovery. As in life sometimes our fishing must take a backseat to reality. I'm sure he's down but ( I know he won't belive this ) the most important thing is your health. Right now I am suffering terribly from a hit and run 20+ years ago. It crops up every so often and to tell the truth I'd be pretty worthless fishing right now. Disapointed and hurt'n is a much better alternative to what could have been. Smart lad to be wearing his safety equipment and it is a valuable lesson. Sorry he's missing the gridiron....that one is extra tuff for sure. Get well and come beat on the Joe's again as soon as you guys can.

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
palmdale-shane

Update

Post by palmdale-shane »

Dennis has to undergo surgery on Monday to install a plate on top of his collar bone. 12 screws into the bone sounds like fun…"NOT" :cry:
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

One of our engineer's we call the "crash test dummy" got it done....He was back at it in no time...just dislocated his shoulder and broke a finger so I guess the plate does'nt slow him down much. :lol: He will be getting it taken out in a few more months as he "powdered" the bone. I hear the bite is very tough at Margarita if that's any consolation.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
palmdale-shane

Post by palmdale-shane »

My wife was the one who took him in today and I asked her if the doctor said when it would come out and it was her understanding it was a permanent fix. Ill find out for sure on Monday.

I like the tourneys when the bite is tough, I seem to do better than when the bite is wide.
Lance (SCFF Duplicate)

Post by Lance (SCFF Duplicate) »

I dont know how I missed this thread but damn Dennis what the hell. Get some rest and get well soon.