Dealing with change?

Dan P

Dealing with change?

Post by Dan P »

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Is how you can sum up my day of fishing yesterday during the Top Stick Joe's. The writing was on the wall but I failed to listen to the Bass and abandon my pattern to relocate them. With all the time I have spent at lake Piru the past few months I thought I had it all planed out. I even had an idea of where this fish would have gone if they were not where I had them located for the past month but never acted on it. I some how got lost in my own little world hoping they would have been in the same areas right were I have had them week after week with just an easy adjustment in the depth range. I had nothing to lose, and if I would have acted on it and had the same results I would feel better today knowing I had done everything I could. But by not doing so it has no sat with me well today. What is your trigger or mechanism that gets you going back on track to abandon your so called pattern to find something else on tournament day? On a positive note I'm truly learning, the hard way, but I'm learning. Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.

DP
[img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t85/dp105532/photo2-1.jpg[/img]
JeffJ

Re: Dealing with change?

Post by JeffJ »

Dan, those fish changed big time this week with the warming weather. I was on a totally different bite but when i went out Thursday found it not there. So made some adjustments and man started to whack good solid fish. So felt confident I could get 14-15lbs and would need a kicker to seal the deal, but came up shy of it. I needed that 6+lber I was working or the swimbait fish I lost because I was out of position when it hit. But thats fishing! I was close I figured 15-17lbs to win.

time on the water will help you. Now if I could only figure Pyramid out I would feel better!
Jeff Jue
Skeeter Boats
Bob's Machine Shop
Powell Rods
Perigrine 250
California Reservoir Lures
Amphibia Eye Wear