Help - **PICTURES** Transducer Install -

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

Rollins

Help - **PICTURES** Transducer Install -

Post by Rollins »

Still having trouble with transducer reading depth at speed. It works sometimes depending on water clairity and speed. I hope you guys can make out these photos. Any help/advice is appreciated!
1990 Ranger 395 VS & Hydrolic Jack Plate - Yamaha 225 V6 Exxcel

Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Help - **PICTURES** Transducer Install -

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

In that location the transducer is probably out of the water or getting enough air that the transducer is not getting clear unturbulated water flow. The easiest way to resolve is to install a seperate 2D only transducer the XP 9 20 to shoot thru the hull and Y Cable AS SI DB Y and get the 2D readings from a 2D transducer epoxied to shoot thru the hull.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Rollins

Post by Rollins »

Thank you Doug. So will the 2 transducers work together simultaneously or do I have to tell my 997 what transducer to read?
Thanks!
Doug Vahrenberg

You don't have to do anything the AS SI DB Y Cable splits the readings to the second transducer all the time.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Rollins

Post by Rollins »

Hi Doug,

I just received my In hull transducer & Y cable. I was under the impression that I needed to drill a hole in the bottom of my boat to mount the transducer, so it touches the water, but after reading the instructions I guess that's not the case. I'm baffled on how this transducer can read depth through the fiberglass hull of my boat but this is good news.

Thanks,

Ryan
Doug Vahrenberg

By epoxying in the bottom it can shoot thru the hull to get sonar readings for 2D sonar.