4 trex or maxxum?

gamehog

4 trex or maxxum?

Post by gamehog »

I am looking at a getting a new TM and wondering what you think about the foretrex mount compared to the Maxxum mount for a 101? Is the extra money worth it for the trex? The lightweight extruded aluminum frame has me concernd for stability reasons? Will it become more noisey over time? How about the stabilty when you HI BY over to the other side in current? I only fish the delta so I can put a mtr to the test. What at about taking on 4ft rollers? Is the fore trex solid? Does it need a bouncer? My maxxum w/bouncer was soild, but I like what I hear and see with ease of the foretrex. What do you think?
Thanks for the help!

Rob
SKTR 20i

Re: 4 trex or maxxum?

Post by SKTR 20i »

Rob, about a year ago I replaced my MAXXUM mount with a Fortrex mount and have never looked back. The Fortrex is an extremely sloid mount and if you liked the MAXXUM you will love the Fortrex. Do get a bouncer.

John.
basslayer

Post by basslayer »

SKTR 20i wrote:Rob, about a year ago I replaced my MAXXUM mount with a Fortrex mount and have never looked back. The Fortrex is an extremely sloid mount and if you liked the MAXXUM you will love the Fortrex. Do get a bouncer.

John.
Were you able to just buy the mount an?d put your maxxum on it or did you have to buy the whole motor
http://www.powellco.com
www.eyesurrendernow.com
Saulsbury's Earthmovers

Adam Ochoa
minnkotaman

Post by minnkotaman »

i can order just the mounts or anything else you need.
i just need to know how long the shaft is and what size
motor you have.
minnkotaman
basslayer

Post by basslayer »

Great I'll give you a call next week
http://www.powellco.com
www.eyesurrendernow.com
Saulsbury's Earthmovers

Adam Ochoa
SKTR 20i

Post by SKTR 20i »

Yep, go thru Jim (Minnkotaman) that's who I got mine from. Great guy!!!

John.
Popper

Post by Popper »

I had a 101 Maxxum Minn Kota for 4.5 years and she performed well. One day fishing with a club member on his boat gave me the opportunity to try out the Fortrex 101. After running the Fortrex for an hour on the Delta I decided to upgrade as I was very impress with the design and overall performance of the trolling motor.
-Never look back at that purchase, and the 101 Fortrex can handle any thing the river put outs.

Ed
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

I've personally seen 3 boats come in over the past couple years with that fortrex barely hanging on. Something about a single bar that breaks, each boat was screaming something of that nature.

Tony