Pre-fishing Piru

DAKINE198

Pre-fishing Piru

Post by DAKINE198 »

Okay just one club deal left and tied second place and three points away from possibly my first AOY title. I have been close some many times and lost it in the last . We are headed for Piru anybody got any info they are willing to share?
Thanks
Dakine198
Last edited by DAKINE198 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
TeamBeefmaster

Re: Pre-fishing Piru

Post by TeamBeefmaster »

it depends on water level. that place fluctuated nearly 50ft last year. my guess is its pretty low... ive caught em in 4 inchs of water to 45 feet. good luck
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

Piru isn't that low... its still very high water level.

What the bite is I am not too sure, but I know a month ago the water was plenty high and it doesn't fluctuate like Castaic unless they are doing repairs or something like that.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

If they have not started yet they will soon be doing there draw down for the lake. Every year they draw water for the farmers storage. Even if they do draw down there will still be a bite in the channels.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

If you caught 14.5 lbs at castaic this time a year you sure don't need our help. get some peas and a hammer that's how my dad started me! When a bass comes up to eat a pea just wack him with the hammer but not too hard cause you might loose some pts.
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Hey Jeff would that be fresh or frozen peas?
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

your choice, just don't get caught, knowing the a holes at cataic i'd be reading about your prison sentence for chuming!
mikear

Post by mikear »

Here he goes again.... Pre fishing on the internet??
I would love to see you get AOY, but not before i give you all
the crap i can.
See you at the pond this weekend. I here the cropie bite is going off. :lol:
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

It worked for him last time quite well. If it works, don't fix it. Good luck out there.
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Yeah Mikey, I was out last Sunday and didn't get anything good. Randy and Fernie said that they had 24#. We will see come this weekend....
Big Ed

Post by Big Ed »

Dakine;

What club would that be? The local club here in San Dimas is fizzleing? Myself and a couple of good guys are looking for a club?

Is that how you spell Fizzle?

Thanks; Big Ed!
What you say is meaningless.........What you do is everything!
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Bassin buddies If your interested shoot me a PM. What club are you in?
Last edited by DAKINE198 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Okay so Sunday morning I'm in the Parking lot getting ready to launch and my three "buddies" came up to me in the boat. All three of them had their hands behind their backs. First "buddy" throws out a bag of frozen peas on the deck of my boat . At first I didn't know what it was for, then the second one brings out a can of peas and says "sorry cant find fresh peas". Then the last buddy brings me a hammer. We all had a good laugh as they all wished me good luck.
Now here comes the dilema, up until 12:30 I only had two keepers/sqeakers and was desperate to try anything. I just could not get another bite. I threw a DS, TR, jig, cranks, blades, chatterbait swimbaits, anything and everything I had in the boat.......except the peas. I grabbed my rod and threaded the frozen peas on my 6# flouro line like a big long worm. Oh and let me tell you them big fish came up from the bottom and followed that "pea rig" right to the boat. I grabbed the hammer and tried to wack em but I missed em. Dem buggas is quick. Unfortunately the hammer slipped from my hand and I wacked the boat. The dilema is, Does anybody know of a good fiberglass repair shop???????????
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

DAKINE198 wrote:Okay so Sunday morning I'm in the Parking lot getting ready to launch and my three "buddies" came up to me in the boat. All three of them had their hands behind their backs. First "buddy" throws out a bag of frozen peas on the deck of my boat . At first I didn't know what it was for, then the second one brings out a can of peas and says "sorry cant find fresh peas". Then the last buddy brings me a hammer. We all had a good laugh as they all wished me good luck.
Now here comes the dilema, up until 12:30 I only had two keepers/sqeakers and was desperate to try anything. I just could not get another bite. I threw a DS, TR, jig, cranks, blades, chatterbait swimbaits, anything and everything I had in the boat.......except the peas. I grabbed my rod and threaded the frozen peas on my 6# flouro line like a big long worm. Oh and let me tell you them big fish came up from the bottom and followed that "pea rig" right to the boat. I grabbed the hammer and tried to wack em but I missed em. Dem buggas is quick. Unfortunately the hammer slipped from my hand and I wacked the boat. The dilema is, Does anybody know of a good fiberglass repair shop???????????
That's too funny! Hahaha
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY