I can win the z518 with my old ranger in FLW?

chrislaskowski

I can win the z518 with my old ranger in FLW?

Post by chrislaskowski »

Got the email today saying all you have to be is ranger cup qualified to win the cash and Z518 with a 200 hp? I read all rules for ranger cup and no where did I see that it has to be a specific year. I was selling my older ranger because I bought a new basscat but if this is true I better keep my old boat.
N.A.R

Re: I can win the z518 with my old ranger in FLW?

Post by N.A.R »

From Rangercup.com......

*The following events have a year model and/or original
ownership guideline(s). FLW Tour Major, FLW Tour Open, Forrest
Wood Cup, Everstart Series, FLW Walleye Tour, and Bass Open.
Please check each individual tournament at www.rangercup.com
for additional guidelines
chrislaskowski

Post by chrislaskowski »

Yes I read that but if you go to the FLW website and look at the contingency awards all it says is you must be ranger cup qualified does not specify a year model or first owner like in the past im going to call them and will update.
chrislaskowski

Post by chrislaskowski »

This is from FLW website.

Ranger Cup - Ranger awards a Z518 powered by a 200-hp outboard to the winning pro and $5,000 to the winning co-angler in each tournament if they meet Ranger Cup guidelines.

Anglers must be registered with Ranger and meet all Ranger Cup clothing and decal requirements. The decision of Ranger Boats is final in all matters regarding Ranger Cup award eligibility. Visit the Ranger Cup page at RangerBoats.com or call 870.453.2222 for additional information.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

What year is your older Ranger? My understanding is no older than 4 model years old [2008]. Also to win you must fish out of the Ranger and have all the other sticker and clothing requirements. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
chrislaskowski

Post by chrislaskowski »

Yes Rick you are correct just got off the phone with Ranger and you must own a 2008 or newer to qualify.
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

[quote="chrislaskowski"]Yes Rick you are correct just got off the phone with Ranger and you must own a 2008 or newer to qualify.[/quote]

What a elitist attitude Ranger has established for themselves. So because I own a older model Ranger (1994) I would not qualified for this or any other FLW Rangers event.

Next boat will be a something other than a Ranger ! Why should I spend 10K more on a boat anyway just because it has a Ranger Decal ?

Back then it made sense. Now ! Not so much. Competition listened to owners and re-tooled and way upped the quality. Look at Triton or Skeeter. Now vs then. Big Difference !
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
TXRIGGED

Post by TXRIGGED »

I'm pretty positive that for the Everstart Series, you have to have no more than a 3 or 4 year old Ranger to be Ranger Cup Qualified as a Pro. As a Co-Angler I think it's a little longer. I believe 5 years or so. This may have changed recently though.
chrislaskowski

Post by chrislaskowski »

Guy Kelly quote "Next boat will be a something other than a Ranger ! Why should I spend 10K more on a boat anyway just because it has a Ranger Decal ?"

I agree with you Guy I didnt believe in paying the high price just to own a ranger either so I went with a brand new skeeter. Yes it was a great boat BUT guess how much Skeeter ponied up when I won an FLW on Shasta? Zip yep nothing so now I wish I'd bought a ranger because I would have more than doubled the money I made. If your fishing FLW trail then you would be a fool not to own a Ranger.
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Guy Kelley wrote:What a elitist attitude Ranger has established for themselves. So because I own a older model Ranger (1994) I would not qualified for this or any other FLW Rangers event.
If it wasn't clear, the idea behind the marketing is to promote sales of new models--it's not a vintage boat show. Although that would be a great idea too--I'd love to see a tournament geared toward 60s and 70s era boats and equipment. A "Golden Age of Bass Angling" promo tournament series...

You'd have to dress the part too, just like Civil War re-enactors. Jumpsuits, patches, vests.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

My feeling is in this economy we are very lucky out here to have a couple great companies like FLW and Ranger/Platinum Equity that are willing to promote fishing out here at all. Ranger as a company supports all levels of Tournament fishing from grass roots [Federation] to Team [ABA, and FPT] to Pro [FLW]. All these promo's are driven by one thing, sales at the retail level. These promo's work as in the state of California Ranger is the number 1 selling FIBERGLASS boat made today. More sales that even Bayliner, Searay and all those knucklehead wakeboard mfg's you all see crawling over the Delta. Are they expensive, ya some of them are, but they have a great model mix that fits all budgets. And all though I am not a dealer for their products, my guess is a 2012my I-class Skeeter with a CA compliant SHO 250 Yamaha is up there as well. Get the best boat you can afford that fits in your garage with a good dealer to support you and Bass-On. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

fish_food wrote:
If it wasn't clear, the idea behind the marketing is to promote sales of new models--it's not a vintage boat show. Although that would be a great idea too--I'd love to see a tournament geared toward 60s and 70s era boats and equipment. A "Golden Age of Bass Angling" promo tournament series...

You'd have to dress the part too, just like Civil War re-enactors. Jumpsuits, patches, vests.
IM IN!!!
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Sacto John wrote:
fish_food wrote:

IM IN!!!
Depending on how authentic you want it to be, we'll designate steel stringers as optional equipment. :D