She fought and in the end won a life of peace everlasting

Lynne

She fought and in the end won a life of peace everlasting

Post by Lynne »

This past 15 months, our mom has struggled with her lung illness and associated illnesses. She has overcome so many obstacles and rallied back each time. Not quite to where she was before she entered the hospital each time but still rallied back to go home. A week ago she went back into the hospital and developed what they thought was pneumonia. Still our mom was rallying back. Turns out that the issues were one of the heart meds had damaged here fragile lungs and they transported her to ICU. She did not want to have artificial life support (for here is is quality life not the quantity of life). It became very apparent that she would not be able to rally back and that our family needed to make some very tough decisions. This was an issue that my brother and I struggled the hardest since we saw a little bit of hope that maybe she could rally one more time and be with us a little longer. Friday, we had a meeting with the doctors; we decided to make our decision to take her off of the external breathing machine (Bi-pap) on Saturday morning. Within an hour of our meeting with the doctors, thankfully our mom made this decision for us and she took every bit of energy that she had to say "no more, no, no, no, I am done". I HATED to hear that since we had not heard her voice for several days and then that. Instantly her "bi-pap" machine was taken off her and within an hour she was gone. The thing is though that even though that was without a doubt the most painful experience I have ever had, it was the most beautiful I felt her go and said to her, you are there mom, you made it and she took her last breath. Such an amazing peaceful feeling and incredible feeling of loss all at the same time.

I feel so loved that so many of you have supported me through the illness that our mom has indured and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

During my moms hospital stays, she knitted at least 200 hats. She did this for the cancer patients, homeless people and the children in orphanages in Mexico. Our mom was a pychotherapist who even in the hospital had the nurses and staff talk to her about their issues. Just something that came natural

Their is a big void in my life now without her daily talks however knowing that now she can breath without struggling anymore is comforting.

Best to all of you,

Lynne
Gator

Re: She fought and in the end won a life of peace everlastin

Post by Gator »

So sorry Lynne
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Lynne,
I am very sorry you lost your mother but she is in a better place than we are.May GOD be with you and your family.
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

So Sorry,Lynne.Prayers sent.
Hugh_M

Post by Hugh_M »

Heart felt sympathy for you and your family Lynne, God's speed.
Hugh
There are no Strangers in Bass Fishing, just Friends that we haven't met yet.
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

so sorry for your loss lynne. but what a beautiful letter you wrote telling us about your experience. it was very heartfelt. it had to be one of the toughest decisions you ever had to make. but your mom knew it was her time, and i must commend you for honoring her wishes. god bless you and your family, prayers sent...
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Prayers from my family to you. Gods peace dwell within you.
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
Takedown

Post by Takedown »

Lynne;
I know this is such a sad day for you and your family. I know you have had some great talks with your mom and will miss them.
Prayers from my family to you. When the time comes to make these hard decisions, always go with your love one`s request.

My family went through this 2 times. I hope your mom is doing what she loved most.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Lynne we are so sorry for your loss...

Shes okay now and with you every moment....beleive it!!!

The Marino Family
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Lynne,
I am very sorry for your loss.
She will live in your memory forever.
Mark
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
pete gardner

Post by pete gardner »

KANE-O SAID IT. +1
PETE GARDNER
John Garcia

Post by John Garcia »

Lynne,
God bless you and your family in this time of need, for you always bring a smile to the faces of everyone you come in contact with.

J. Garcia
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Lynne/Mike, sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there as the circle of life never ends. Sounds like she was a great woman. The Grovers, Rick, Kyle, Kurt and Cody.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Rob Dickson

Post by Rob Dickson »

sorry to hear about your loss Lynne.
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Lynne, I am sorry for your loss. She is in a better place...best wishes to you and your family.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
Lynne

Post by Lynne »

Thank you all very very much. This week is a blur to say the least. Having lots of calls and well wishes, blessings and prayers have made the week tolerable and better.

From the bottom of my heart I send to you all blessings and thank you for being such good friends and caring like you do.

Lynne
SpereAuctioneer

Post by SpereAuctioneer »

Lynne,
Sorry to hear this story about your loss but 100% agree with you that now she won a life of peace everlasting!

I don't know if you knew it or not but Veterans Day 2010 Logan and I were fishing with R.Grover at DVL and I received a call that my father had passed away to cancer. We had just seen him a few days before and didn't know it would be my last. We weren't really informed of how bad his cancer really was and he had stage 4 lymphoma. So with that news obviously our day was cut short at DVL but have made a plan to fish with Logan every Veterans Day as long as we can in rememberance of my dad and to be with my son. Last month on Veterans Day I can tell you that I was able to take Logan to DVL for a day of fishing.

I can feel your loss and you pain of missing your mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I will give you a copy of a CD I had made about missing my dad and will hopefully provide you with some comfort.

Can't wait to see you guys again soon. Prayers sent your way.
Paul and Logan Spere
Paul Spere
www.SpereLaw.com
Workers' Compensation, Bankruptcy, Personal Injury