Perfect End to a Perfect 30 LB Day

Fly'in V

Perfect End to a Perfect 30 LB Day

Post by Fly'in V »

Long time no post, but here goes.

Out fishing New Hope with my Best Friend Mark, We fished half day throwing Big Top Water baits for Stripers, we has several hits and misses. Then on our way into the Marina, I got the truck keys in my pocket to go home. Mark spots Bait being chased on the surface a ways out and calls it. I stand up, Drop the bait and extend the rod all in one motion. Then a half moon over head circle cast, drop the Super spook right on the money. One Twitch and BAM! Fish on and it was big.
I have to give praise to my buddy Mark Weichold, (the Hippster, Hippie Mark, Motly Fan) what ever the
Striper 10/10/2011
Striper 10/10/2011
Striper9_15.jpg (44.38 KiB) Viewed 2733 times
heck. I have always known that he is a mean man with a Dart Head, an awesome stick, Great Friend, and now one bad assed "NETMAN".
As soon as the fish hit, Mark jumped in to action, got the net ready, trolling motor down and for the next 20 minutes gave me all the support and help in the world. The fish didn't make long runs but she changed direction about a 100 times, under the boat and take off to the far bank, then came screaming around the boat in a circle. Mark was the wild man with the trolling motor. Not to mention that the 4 foot tide was ripping like hell.
In the end he stuffed this big girl in the net and we got a round of applause from a group of camper and fisher men nearby. After a few photos we revived her and watched her swim away to a perfect end to a perfect day.
PISCIS DIEM (Fish the Day)
Burke

Re: Perfect End to a Perfect 30 LB Day

Post by Burke »

Congratulations. Great looking fish...
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Damn that was fun!!!!!!!!!!!! i just said Vic get you Spook!!!!!! and stopped the boat let the fun begin!!!!

What a day it was!!!!

Congrats to my best friend Vic on a Freshwater Catch of a lifetime!!!!

Mark
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

Congrats great fish buddy!!!
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Nice job Vic! We had them Biguns down this way on Friday! This 30 lb 1 oz fish grabbed a Lunker Punker in 3 feet of water! Mayhem and Choas, all in one!
SAT_TUX.jpg
SAT_TUX.jpg (296.09 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
mmalinao

Post by mmalinao »

AWESOME!! Some day I hope to land one that big!

A buddy and I went out on Saturday the 19th fished around Franks and Big Break and only managed 1 3.9lber on a white rip bait. Could not lock onto any schools or even see any swhirls.

Where's New Hope?

-Mike
-Mike Malinao
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

Next door to Wimpy's off Thronton Rd.