Delta Shaky Head

afchris

Delta Shaky Head

Post by afchris »

Hey Guys~!!!

I've always been a fan of Picasso Shakedown Shaky head's. They've done well for me in the Midwest. While they've been good to me on the Delta, I find they get hung up in the many dif types of vegetation on the bottom. What brand/model do you guy's use out on the Delta? Any pointers would save me a few bucks trying/field testing dif types. Thanks,

Air Force Chris
Air Force Chris

My good friend chasing his dream....
[u]http://teampartak.webs.com/[/u]
Oldschool

Re: Delta Shaky Head

Post by Oldschool »

Shakey heads are usually fished in more open water areas with a high floatation worm on light line tackle. You may want to ask the question; what type of jig is used on the delta to fish softer bottoms and heavy weed cover?
One problem with a shakey style head is the jig hook eye is exposed and will collect weeds, you need a jig style designed for going through weeds. Soft bottoms may require using a lighter weight jig to prevent digging into the mud.
What type of tackle are you fishing with?
Tom
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

afchris wrote:Hey Guys~!!!

I've always been a fan of Picasso Shakedown Shaky head's. They've done well for me in the Midwest. While they've been good to me on the Delta, I find they get hung up in the many dif types of vegetation on the bottom. What brand/model do you guy's use out on the Delta? Any pointers would save me a few bucks trying/field testing dif types. Thanks,

Air Force Chris
Chris,

I have used the owner shakey heads and they work OK for the rocks, my buddy hand pours a small football head shape that is flat on the bottom this is the bomb for rocky areas.

When i have pulled out the shakey head on the delta im usually fishing off the bank on those ledges between 10-20' when my jig bite falls out - for the shallower water a drop shot or a neko rig (tail weighted senko or trick worm) works well too. MM or Blue crawler shhhhh
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
offduty

Post by offduty »

I have been hoping Cooch and Troyce would eventually come out with one utilizing the Wadda head and a skip gap hook with a keeper. Also just the head with a sideways line tie for a jika rig weight. Love the Wadda and would love to see that head design applied to these 2 other techniques. HINT
Rich
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

offduty wrote:I have been hoping Cooch and Troyce would eventually come out with one utilizing the Wadda head and a skip gap hook with a keeper. Also just the head with a sideways line tie for a jika rig weight. Love the Wadda and would love to see that head design applied to these 2 other techniques. HINT
Rich,

Along with the Dan Wells' "Spot Jig", we are working on developing both a "Punch" Jig and a "Whacky/shakey/flick shake" jig head. This Saturday the TNT team will be meeting to review the proto-types and discuss further developement of the new product lines, we'll keep ya posted.
offduty

Post by offduty »

Cool
Rich