Jerkbait followers

mac (Doyle McEwen)

Jerkbait followers

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

OK, guys we had a discussion on what to do about swimbait followers, how about those following your jerkbait..Do you try a different bait with either more or less flash..Do you increase or decrease your pauses..Do you put more or less action into your jerks..How about a larger or smaller bait, different color, what have you done that worked..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
mark poulson

Re: Jerkbait followers

Post by mark poulson »

Mac,
I seldom see followers on a jerkbait, so I don't know what to say.
Either they eat it, or they don't. I see fish rush up to eat it, already committed, or feel them after a pause.
If you're getting followers, try pausing longer.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
froteur

Post by froteur »

i had a bunch of followers on jerkbaits last month at berryessa. tried changing color, tried changing size, tried changing the cadence ...... all to no avail.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Tough one Mac, besides the normal switch color and cadence i would back off the spot and make LONG casts - it could be that they are coming up to close to the boat and turning off - most mistakes people make is slowing down first - I say speed up first dont let em look at it as much and follow up bait a really light dart head, an under spin or a small 4" senko as a follow up bait. You are finding activley feeding fish, get that FIRST one to go and the rest will typically turn on, burning a blade could get em moving too - its all part of the frustration and fun of bass fishing - but follow baits are key to reaction baits.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Actually it has only happened to me twice, both during last months Federation event on Shasta..Any way you want to look at it, it is frustrating to see them and not be able to trigger them into a strike..Both appeared to be keeper size, which would have definitely helped me out..Nothing much worse than finishing next to last, unless there are only two of you fishing..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..