Power Pro Super Slick Braid

ACRon

Power Pro Super Slick Braid

Post by ACRon »

Going to give the new Power Pro Super Slick Braid a try. I can't figure out which color will be less visible in the foothill lakes. Timber Brown or Aqua Green. Timber Brown looks good for muddy water but the Aqua green almost looks fluroscent. Neither looks particularly low-vis. Any suggestions??
mark poulson

Re: Power Pro Super Slick Braid

Post by mark poulson »

Use a short fluoro leader, like 7', so the knot isn't on the spool.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

sweet line! just started fishing it. I prefer the timber color. Also it looses its color but not as bad as samurai does. I really like this line. It has more memory than samurai though but its not that bad.
ASD

Post by ASD »

Use it and LOVE it.

I use the
15lb yellow on my Drop shot with a long 15' (I like the knot "on" the spool when fish is @ the boat)fluoro leader
65lb BRN for frogs
20lb green for all other braid aps
fishercurtis

Post by fishercurtis »

I'm not liking it. I got 65lb and 'WAS" using it on rattle traps for Stripers. Broke 3 fish off at boat 7-9lb range. The line broke, not the knot. Also had it break when lure got caught on the tulies. I'll buy another spool and try again but not in a tournament. The line fades real fast also.
Curtis
It's All About the Hook up
Esin Restaurant & Bar, Revel Kitchen & Bar
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

When the brown one fades, what color does it turn to?
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

it turns a khaki color
jloo283

Post by jloo283 »

fishercurtis wrote:I'm not liking it. I got 65lb and 'WAS" using it on rattle traps for Stripers. Broke 3 fish off at boat 7-9lb range. The line broke, not the knot. Also had it break when lure got caught on the tulies. I'll buy another spool and try again but not in a tournament. The line fades real fast also.
Curtis
I've caught plenty of 10lb stripers on 10-12lbs fluoro without much incidents.They break your 65lb braid. Ah ha...

I've had to use multiple rags to wrap around my hand, usually while wearing a jacket, with multiple layers of clothing underneath, and pull really hard in order to break off 50lb braid when snagged, which I may add is still pretty difficult to break. Your 65lb braid breaks when snagged on tulles, OK...

I think you should check your line guides for nicks.

Other than that, I'm pretty lost!

James
fishercurtis

Post by fishercurtis »

Thanks for the suggestion. I already checked them and respooled with the regular power pro I've been using for years. I'm glad you haven't had any issues. Maybe I got a bad batch. I was Just curious if any one else had the same issues.
It's All About the Hook up
Esin Restaurant & Bar, Revel Kitchen & Bar
kmah

Post by kmah »

I have been using 50 & 65 SS in timber brown since aug/sept. it's a great casting line and regardless of what ANYONE says they all fade. I always tell people, if you use grey line & color it black, it's black.

I have a lot of co's ask me all the time why I flip/punch with yellow line. Once again if you color yellow line black, it's black. ..at least the first 6 or so feet of it. Yellow is much easier to watch than grey, green, etc. but for casting situations, that timber brown color is hard to beat.

I won with the timber brown @Clearlake this fall & didn't have any failure issues.

Good luck
K. Mah