The new Ford diesel 6.7-any reports yet?

Share vehicle info.
jimmyG

The new Ford diesel 6.7-any reports yet?

Post by jimmyG »

Ford started making their own diesel motor in 2011. Any body have any esperience with it yet? Any website where one might go to for consumer reports? In the market for one but I may have to go to Dodge cummings if Ford is not up to par. Thanks for any replies, Jim.
Big Daddy TR21

Re: The new Ford diesel 6.7-any reports yet?

Post by Big Daddy TR21 »

All new Diesels have an extra tank for an additive to help the run cleaner, in the Fords they run Urea. It's an additive that helps them burn more complete and keep the particulate filters clean. My son has the Dodge and hates it, in fact trying to sell it because in just 18 months 5 Turbos have gone out on it and his friends that have the 11's are not having much better luck. I would wait and make sure all the manufactures have this worked out before I would invest on it. $50K is a lot of cash to have in the shop all the time. JMO
Don't hate the Player, hate the game!!!
Top This Truck

Post by Top This Truck »

I am in the market for a new truck myself. I have had two customers over the last week speak very highly of the 6.7. Both customers have 2009/10 models and also the new 2010/11 6.7ltr.
The performance is measureably better and the mileage is superior to the 6.2's. I own a truck accessory store so we see alot of different vehicles and come across this all the time. I can elaborate more just let me know. I also have some thoughts on purchasing your truck.
XMAN

Post by XMAN »

..Looks like the 6.7 could be a winner..just get the warranty because if you need work on that engine they have to take off the cab to do it which is a 13 hr job..depending on what you need ofcourse..if you plan on keeping it for 7-10 yrs get your pocket book ready..the problem im seeing in reading the forums the last 2 years is the 6-speed tranny..it drives guys nuts in the 1-2 upshift bang and the downshift bang..what happens after it LEARNS your driving habits, LEARNS huh, and sets up the shifts points is beyoud me...my 78 f250 C-6 tranny never had a problem in 21 years...on ford-truck.com they have a thread 33 pages long on why guys dont like that 6-speed since feb 2010...everybody is now going to a 6-speed because of the EPA milage figs...forget longevity..my current 99 stroker is good so far and im looking to spend some bucks on a new one..these new trucks scare me bigtime..i want a 10-15 year lasting truck..it aint gonna happen and the big 3 could care less...
stillina99pro

Post by stillina99pro »

Transmissions on Dodge have been about the crappiest for a long time now too. I have friends who Rodeo and others I work with and everyone has dropped a trans.