Fishing joy taken

LV Ba$$

Fishing joy taken

Post by LV Ba$$ »

I had my engine stolen this weekend in front of my house. My girlfriend bought me a 14 ft Jon boat conversion for Christmas. Had it for less than a month and some low life still the engine a 9.9 hp Merc 4 stroke, gas tank and bilge pump. I'm so upset in a depressed kind of way. I'm only an E3 in the Air Force with limited funds and they took what little joy and fishing freedom I have. Anyone that lives in the Sac area please keep a eye out. I was planning on fishing the FPT in the small boat division but now I have to deal with the loss. Life's so unfair at times like this.
Jonnysig

Re: Fishing joy taken

Post by Jonnysig »

Where you keep your boat at? Im Air Force also and I know they have boat storage on Base. Maybe look into that. And that sucks you got robbed. People are unreal.
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

freeking thieves.. :evil: sorry to hear about this.. i had a buddy who also had someone steal his small outboard off his boat at clear lake. we was pre-fishing for a tourney, came out in the morning and the motor was gone.. horrible to hear this :(
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sorry for the loss. Sure sucks dude. Will boat or homeowners insurance help? If it does, drop me a note and I will help cover some of your deductible cost.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Shad*Wizard

Post by Shad*Wizard »

The neighbor's house was burglarized from around 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm last night...Stole checks,

computers, a mountain bike, and who knows what else...It looked like a small tornado went through the house, unbelievable...

Even took a fire extinguisher and sprayed it in the kitchen...Every droor in every room in the house was opened...Broke

the back bedroom window to get in...Think about your valuables and what they might be able to take and proceed from

there...They must have been in the house for 30 minutes at least...
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

Brian, thats VERY kind of you. I believe I'll be covered under my boat insurance, Im still waiting to hear from the adjustor.

I just want to be back where I started, proud of my little boat and fishing happily :(
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

When I lived in Oregon they were stealing kicker motors at the coast like mad. My buddy had his stolen so he taped single edged razor blades sticing up around the turnbuckles with duct tape then covered them with tape. Came out of the motel the next morning to a lot of blood but the motor was still there. Couldn't get away with that today though.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sure thing David. Been there as an E-3 in the US Navy. Keep me posted.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

'Tis the season, I guess.
I live down south near LAX. My youngest and I went to the local Ralph's, and all the shopping carts had been stolen!
A customer saw it happen, took down the license #, and the Mgr. said he turned it in to corporate.
They were driving some kind of Chevy truck.
He told me they get $150 each at the recycler.
It's a weird world.
I mean, wouldn't you think someone would notice an open bed truck cruising down the hwy. loaded with shoppin carts?
Theives suck. I hope they all get herpes and hemmerhoids.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

get the serial number and post it here and send it to mercury. if someone tries to get it service merc will post it as stolen.
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

i have a johnson 2 stroke you can use in the meantime
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
afchris

Post by afchris »

Sorry to hear about your loss bud!

I'm also in the AF and stationed at Travis. I can't imagine not having a way to get out on the water. Karma's a bi&ch. I'm out on the Delta pretty much ever weekend. Always got a seat in the boat if you want to go out. Drop me a line,

Chris
IYAMYAS
Air Force Chris

My good friend chasing his dream....
[u]http://teampartak.webs.com/[/u]
dwise

Post by dwise »

Unfortunately it's a sign of the times. Crime is up because people are desperate for money, and with the State of CA under orders from the Feds to reduce prison overcrowding, it's only going to get worse as the non-violent offenders are being released, and/or transferred to local city jails to serve out the rest of their sentances. Some of these prisoners are being let out early too because of overcrowding.

It sucks people think they can just help themselves to someone elses property. I had my truck broken into while I was eating lunch in a restaraunt. The only thing they took was a pack of burned CD's. I don't keep anything valuable in my Yukon. They were after the third row seats, which I took out when I bought the truck. So basically they risked getting arrested for a pack of burned CD's. It costed me $450 to have the door handle and lock replaced.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

Here is one good solution to outboard theft

http://www.motorlocusa.com/?gclid=CKnY1 ... hwodF1pqng
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
Shad*Wizard

Post by Shad*Wizard »

My neighbor who's a police officer, just informed me that 5 juveniles were caught burglarizing a house of a guy I went to school with besides my neighbor's house...His neighbor had them pinned in the backyard with a baseball bat...They were 14 to 15 yr. old juveniles hitting houses
probably when they saw one leave their house to go on errands or to work...Alls well for now, neighbor will be happy to at
least know who they were and maybe get his stuff back...
Marley

Post by Marley »

What a bunch of A-Holes, I hope they flip their boat over and drown. Anyone else notice that the ones that do things the right way and follow the rules are the ones who end up taking it in the 2 hole.Bunch of crap. Sorry about your loss bud, hope your insurance company steps up to the plate and does the right thing.
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

Thank you all for the kind words and support. Good to have the positive reinforcement of good people. I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance and inspector regarding the damages,loss and see if they'll put me back to where I was before the incident.