Powell Football Jig Rod

Sushi King

Powell Football Jig Rod

Post by Sushi King »

I am looking at the Powell Tackle Warehouse Football Jig Rod anybody have this rod? I have a 734c for lighter jigs and a 804c for the heavy stuff. Thanks Sushi King
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Powell Football Jig Rod

Post by ash »

I prefer a heavier action jig rod then most as I typically fish with 1/2oz and 3/4oz footballs. My rod of preference is the Dobyns, 735C. This is a big backbone rod that I also use to flip jigs in the summer time, the 7'3" provides that extra lenght when fishing down deep to pick up the slack. I know a lot of guys like the 764C for jigs, however my preference is to lean toward a higher power rod then most.

cork-full 735C 7’3″ 1pc. 12-25lb, 1/4-1 1/2oz, Med/Hvy Ex Fast Frogs, Pitchin’ & Flippin’, Small Swimbaits

http://www.dobynsrods.com/?page_id=2

Im not sure if Dobyns still has the demo program going, but ask your local tackle shop or call Dobyns rods to test drive one before you buy :wink:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Mike Tuck

Post by Mike Tuck »

It's a great rod, but don't look past the 765 SBR it is a awesome casting jig rod as well as my favorite paddletail swimbait rod. You won't be disappointed.

Mike Tuck
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Mike Tuck wrote:It's a great rod, but don't look past the 765 SBR it is a awesome casting jig rod as well as my favorite paddletail swimbait rod. You won't be disappointed.

Mike Tuck

Have to agree with Mike on this one great rod. Have two of them myself....
Bassn45

Post by Bassn45 »

I have this rod and it is a great rod and would recommend it for using it for casting and dragging 1/2- 1oz jigs. The longer handle may take some getting used to for some people.
Sushi King

Post by Sushi King »

Mike and other guys,Thanks for the replys i to have the 765SBR some rods work real good with a certain size bait the 765SBR is my favorite for 6"paddletail baits.The rods i have are great i am looking for a little different balance the longer handle on the Football Jig rod might be what i am looking for. Thanks Sushi King
zaldain

Post by zaldain »

Sushi,

I highly recommend the Powell Endurance 714 C for heavier football jigs. I started using this rod last year and I now prefer it over my 734 when jig fishing. I showed this rod to a couple of my buddies and they too have one rigged up every time the jig bite is on!

Chris Zaldain
KrazyBasstard

Post by KrazyBasstard »

Sushi for 1/2 ounce or under I use a Powell 723 endurance. Its rated a 3 power but I think its more like a 3 1/2 or 4 power rod which makes it a great jig rod. For my 3/4 and 1 ounce jigs I use a Powell max 735. Its got alot of backbone and is very sensitive. Its also dubs as my favorite frog rod. I also used a Powell max 804c but in my opinion it was out of balance and not as sensitive,which made it hard to use for long periods of time.
jazzwannabe

Post by jazzwannabe »

I've been using the Endurance 775 for football jigs, and I love it.
Golden Empire Bass Club
basslayer

Post by basslayer »

What I like most about the Powell Football Jig rod is the balance. Its just spot on for all your jig applications.
http://www.powellco.com
www.eyesurrendernow.com
Saulsbury's Earthmovers

Adam Ochoa