day 1 MLF leader caught 58+ LBS on the A-Rig.

Mike Tuck

day 1 MLF leader caught 58+ LBS on the A-Rig.

Post by Mike Tuck »

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk.asp?id=8704#8704

yeah, its all just smoke and mirrors.

Be careful what you wish for. 58 freaking pounds!. Maybe its not a 5 fish limit? But, it was at Amistad, and if it was a 5 fish limit good grief.

Fishing a tournament with anything else now, is kinda like trying to fight off a full blown F-14 air strike with a sling shot.

Mike Tuck
Last edited by Mike Tuck on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
zaldain

Re: day 1 MLF leader caught 58+ LBS FOR 5!!!!!!!

Post by zaldain »

Mike,

I think the MLF format is an "all you can catch" deal. In other words every fish landed gets weighed, added to their score, and released on the spot. 58lbs for 5 would be insane!

Z
bryanmc

Re: day 1 MLF leader caught 58+ LBS on the A-Rig.

Post by bryanmc »

I'm pretty sure you're right Chris. They didn't mention how many fish it was because they're trying to build suspense (and customers) for their PPV fishing show. An 11.5 lb average would be crazy... But if it was 10 fish, that's just Amistad in the spring.

I just read that the Amistad Everstart was won on......... a crank bait!!! Can't be true, and only 63lbs for 3 days! :lol:
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

zaldain wrote:Mike,

I think the MLF format is an "all you can catch" deal. In other words every fish landed gets weighed, added to their score, and released on the spot. 58lbs for 5 would be insane!

Z
That is correct. And the other story is a local Westcoaster did well in that derby. We will see! :D :D :D
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Steve Reed

Post by Steve Reed »

Rick don't give away all the secrets! Ha - Terry Brown of Wired2Fish already gave it away, but not many people caught it.

Yeah - 58lbs is pretty good, but I think if you were at Oroville and caught 60-70 fish you'd have right about that weight anyway.

Will be cool to see though.

I predict the A-Rig didn't win that tournament. :D
Monsterfishingtackle.com
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

100 percent it is an all you can catch .... So there ....
DanO

Post by DanO »

From someone who was there, on the water...

Lots of lures make appearances, both in cameo and starring roles. The patterns and how anglers caught the fish is not the whole story with Major League Fishing either. Watching the guys put the pieces together under extreme pressure of time, a new format, and fishing out of the 18-foot boat again.

I'm under a confidentiality agreement, as are the rest of the people that were there. Staff, anglers, officials and boat drivers. But, what I can say is that that the total weight was for every legal keeper caught during the event.

The event was exciting, you could feel the intensity coming through on the water - even from 150 yards away. I watched anglers react to the pressure in ways that is not in their normal character. The format definitely had an effect on them in different ways, causing them to feel pressure in ways they haven't seen before.

Even looking at the pictures again on http://www.majorleaguefishing.com I can still feel the intensity of the moments that I captured. Major League Fishing is not about a particular lure or pattern, it's about the process and the competition. The Advance Cast Pay-Per-View will show the patterns for the hardcore angler, but it's a whole new concept and it relate differently than any other tournament show you've likely seen.

As far as the A-Rig debate goes, it has been ruled on by both of the sport's major organizations. Keep beating the dead horse, and if everyone that is so strongly "against its use in tournaments" would live up to their principles and not fish it in tournaments; I would be a little more inclined to think the motivation to continue lobbying for its exclusion in tournaments is pure.

Dan O'Sullivan