Do What ?

For political discussions
Rod Martin

Do What ?

Post by Rod Martin »

“Obama Gives Seven Alaska Islands To Russia”

Joe Miller: February 17, 2012

World Net Daily: “Obama’s giveaway: Oil-rich islands to Russia”

The seven endangered islands in the Arctic Ocean and Bering Sea include one the size of Rhode Island and Delaware combined. The Russians are also to get the tens of thousands of square miles of oil-rich seabeds surrounding the islands. The Department of Interior estimates billions of barrels of oil are at stake.

The State Department has undertaken the giveaway in the guise of a maritime boundary agreement between Alaska and Siberia. Astoundingly our federal government itself drew the line to put these seven Alaskan islands on the Russian side. But as an executive agreement it could be reversed with the stroke of a pen by President Obama or Secretary Clinton.

The agreement was negotiated in total secrecy. The state of Alaska was not allowed to participate in the negotiations nor was the public given any opportunity for comment. This is despite the fact the Alaska Legislature has passed resolutions of opposition – but the State Department doesn’t seem to care.”

Joe Miller was the 2010 Republican nominee for the U.S. Senate from Alaska. He is a West Point graduate and decorated combat veteran from the first Gulf War. A former judgeJoe graduated from Yale Law School and was later awarded an advanced economics degree from the University of Alaska. He is presently chairman of Restoring Liberty Alaska PAC and Restoring Liberty Action Committee
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Grumpy

Re: Do What ?

Post by Grumpy »

Keep waiting to hear about this in the news cycle, giving away land and mineral resources to a rival competitor should be big news and every American should be informed about the details. What are we getting in return would be a good question to have answered.
Marty

Post by Marty »

The only thing I could find was October 7, 2000. It happen when everyone was sleep and letting the Governemnt do there own thing.

http://www.wnd.com/2000/10/482/

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/stat ... slands.htm

I don't think Obama did this one!
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

A link to more current info.

http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2012/02/ ... consulted/ (also, follow links provided in the article)

Seems this thing has been in limbo for years and open to action from whoever is running the country. I can't imagine the Obama administration getting involved with giving US land and rights away at a time like this, but then why would I be surprised. The whole thing seems complicated and puzzling and something Congress needs to address.