Wounded Warrior April 22 Castaic Lake

DL

Wounded Warrior April 22 Castaic Lake

Post by DL »

"A Day on the Lake"

On Sunday, April 22, 2012, the Top Stick Tour is holding an outreach "Day On The Water" at Castaic Lake for the purpose of honoring soldiers who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF).

This event will pair an experienced bass fisherman in a boat, with two service members or a service member and their families in order to provide a guided fishing day. Bass boats and pontoon boats would be great but if you have a fishing boat and want to participate to show your appreciation that would be great. We've organized a truly exceptional day and unique event including food and prizes for each soldier who participates.

With the help of the Wounded Warrior Project, the LA Department of Parks and Recreation, the Friends of Castaic Lake, the Top Stick Tour's volunteers, and generous sponsors, we can give something back to the men and women that have so bravely defended our nation.

Food and beverages will be provided for all attendees and the specific details of the days events can be found at http://www.topsticktour.com Please contact John Barron at jbarron@me.com or on his Cell (909)263-7185 if you would like to volunteer on "land" or would like to bring your boat to the lake and take a soldier or two out for a day of fishing. You can also contact me Daren Lacher, at icatchemall@gmail.com to be added to the list of volunteers.

We look forward to seeing you on the 22nd of April.
"Feel the steel"
Ray L.

Re: Wounded Warrior April 22 Castaic Lake

Post by Ray L. »

come on guys we need boaters
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

I may be in if I can git the *insert expletive here* elbow to start co-operating by then :|
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

well keep me updated. We would love to have you there.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com

propgun

Post by propgun »

Hey Ray
The Castaic Bass Club may have some boaters for ya. We put it out to the club members last month and our next meeting is on april 12th. I'll see what kind of numbers I can get for ya.
Ron Licari

www.peregrine250.com
http://www.theBBZ.com
jrbasspro

Post by jrbasspro »

i am in as a boater

Walt Kondracki
listen to that gut feeling!!!

"keep it clean and dry"
DL

Post by DL »

jrbasspro wrote:i am in as a boater

Walt Kondracki
I'll put you on the list Walt.
"Feel the steel"
dwise

Post by dwise »

Umm...I sent email to John Barron when the announcement first came out. Please make sure I am on the boaters list.

I am with Castaic Bass Club.

Thank you.

Darlene Wise

P.S. I tried going to the Top Stick Tour website to get the details, like what time, what ramp, etc. but didn't see anything except for the announcement.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
DL

Post by DL »

dwise wrote:Umm...I sent email to John Barron when the announcement first came out. Please make sure I am on the boaters list.

I am with Castaic Bass Club.

Thank you.

Darlene Wise

P.S. I tried going to the Top Stick Tour website to get the details, like what time, what ramp, etc. but didn't see anything except for the announcement.
You were the first volunteer on the list. I thought John had contacted you, sorry. I am pretty certain we are going to use the west ramp. We will confirm the start time as we get closer to the event as well as the other details about whats for lunch, raffle items etc. This is shaping up to be a pretty cool event :)

Thanks for volunteering.
"Feel the steel"
mrfishcado

Post by mrfishcado »

I would like to participate in this event but have my kids that weekend. Is there any way my 12 year old son can fish with me and maybe pair us up with another father son team. Thanks.
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

Of course. That would work. We can try and put you with a father son or daughter
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com

dwise

Post by dwise »

How many boats do you have signed up so far?
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
mrfishcado

Post by mrfishcado »

Ok then sign me Francisco Lomeli and Joshwa Lomeli up. Can't wait to give back to the guys that allow us to pursue our pasion for fishing and the outdoors.
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

we talked yesterday. Good to see you. Gonna be a great month at Castaic
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com

kane-o

Post by kane-o »

just a week away guys, any more info on what time and where were launching from ? and when will we know who we are paired with ? are we suppose to be bringing in a limit for a weigh in ? or is this just fun fishing with a few pictures of the vets with their fish ? need some more info guys !! i spoke to daren last week about this, and i can only take a single vet out on my boat.. cant wait this will be a lot of fun !!
DL

Post by DL »

dwise wrote:How many boats do you have signed up so far?
We have about 20 boats so far. A couple guys had their work schedules change so they are alternates if they can juggle their schedules. But we have a good turnout so far.
"Feel the steel"
dwise

Post by dwise »

Mike Illjin and Kevin Miner spoke to the Castaic Bass Club at last night's meeting about the Wounded Warriors event, so there should be a few more of us showing up with boats. Will mention it again at our tournament meeting this Sunday, for those who were not at the meeting.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
DL

Post by DL »

dwise wrote:Mike Illjin and Kevin Miner spoke to the Castaic Bass Club at last night's meeting about the Wounded Warriors event, so there should be a few more of us showing up with boats. Will mention it again at our tournament meeting this Sunday, for those who were not at the meeting.
Thanks Darlene. Here are some more specifics on the days events:

We are going out of the west ramp on sunday and plan to launch as soon as they let us. Try to be at the lake by 6:30 so we can get everyone settled in and paired with your guest(s) for the day. The boaters meeting will consist of safety instructions, speed limits, and an outline of the days events. Some people have boats that are only set up for two persons so we will do what we need to so we dont overload any boats with more than is safe.

We will fish until 2 pm and then do a raffle and bbq for all the Warriors, their families, and the volunteers.

The lake will provide life jackets for kids, but the boaters need to have PFD's on the boat. One for themselves and at least one for each guest.

Tow vehicle + vessel is $24
Vehicle only is $11
There are boat inspections so please be CLEAN AND DRY to avoid having your vessel turned away.
"Feel the steel"
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

daren, i am already tagged, and have annuals for the boat and truck, but i thought they were giving free admission for this event ? at any rate, i will see you there bright and early.. :wink:
DL

Post by DL »

I was incorrect regarding the lake entry. The lake is waving the fee for volunteers
"Feel the steel"