Pat Donoho Loses Cancer Fight

Vern

Pat Donoho Loses Cancer Fight

Post by Vern »

It is with great sadness that I have to Make this post. Pat Donoho lost his valiant fight with cancer last night. Pat was a pioneer in the fishing industry in the west. More than that Pat was a true gentleman on and off the lake. Vern
adman

Re: Pat Donoho Loses Cancer Fight

Post by adman »

Damn.
Fred Ward

Post by Fred Ward »

For you young pros Pat was a force every contest, a gentleman, no body every said Pat moved in on them. He was someone for you emulate, for us old guys we have loss a dear friend. We will miss him, and think of him very often. I can see him now toweling off his blue and white Ranger. He guided for Lana and I at Baccurac, and Elsalto. He Never had a unhappy customer. On our return back home he had a blow out on rear tire of his suburban and then another, I could see him spinning out of control. He was a quarter mile behind me so I could see him spin but the giant semi truck was bearing down on him sparks and dust flying in every way. He spun around tree time, before coming to a stop, I lost view of him had to go another mile or so on the free way to turn around. It was the longest 5 minutes of my life not knowing what shape he was in or even if he was alive. Got back to him and he was pointed in the wrong direction, no tires on the rear. He walked up to my truck, and said he just cheated death. That truck was right on my tail braking as hard as he could, and he missed me some way, and don't know how. Well Pat finally got into a fight he could not win, fought like a warrior he was, lost with dignity. Some of you think when a man says to a good friend as he says good bye, Love man ! Well I told him often, and I did love this fine man. Good buy my friend sense 1975. Tell all our buddy up there we will be there soon. I love ya Pat
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Great post Fred! Pat I know you are being well taken care of and you will be missed dearly. I still have the memory of fishing in his back seat on the delta years back, pro/am Pat had a rough day one and I drew him for day two and that man kicked some serious a$$ and put a hurt on those fish that next day. Most guys would have given up but not Pat he made me the best net boy ever that day. Love you man!
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
meadbass

Post by meadbass »

I have had the privilege of knowing Pat Donoho these past few years. I admired and looked up to him as we all did. He will always be to me and many others the quintessential Bass Angler. He loved his local lake, Lake Mead, and he spent many a day on it with his friend Bobby Ellis. He will be greatly missed. I send my sincere respect and condolences to his family in Las Vegas. I would like to dedicate the third verse of an Irish poem that I learned as a child fishing with my father off the shores of Ireland. Rest in Peace my friend.
John O'Brien

The Lake Isle of Innisfree
By W. B. Yeats

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.
durobi

Post by durobi »

I fished with Pat as a guide a few times on Lake Mead. He taught me a lot about bass and how to set up your electronics . He was as much a teacher as a guide.
I will always remember those trips along with his excellent boat handling coming through the Narrows on Mead on especially rough water days.
Rest in Peace pat and catch some lunkers up there.
John A.

Post by John A. »

Our sincere condolences go out to the members of the Donoho family. Pat was a great angler and an even better man.

John & Boris Antolos
John Barron

Post by John Barron »

Our sincere condolences to the Donahoe family and friends. Our community lost an allstar and class act
John and Marla Barron
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I know I'm a tad tardy responding to this, but myself and my 17 year old nephew had the good fortune of spending three or four days on Lake Baccarac with Pat as our guide 23 years ago. We didn't know Pat prior to this trip, but we got to know him fairly well in the boat. He seemed like a really good person and a class act to me. I knew in the first hour of fishing with him that this guy was a damn good stick. You know how when you're in the presence of someone that really knows what their doing? With that said, Pat wasn't about showing us how well he could fish. He took the time and effort to teach us how to better understand the fishery. Our timing was bad that December for giant fish, but Pat had us fishing about 10 feet deeper than everyone else at the lodge. While other anglers were loading their boats with 2 and 3 pounders, my nephew and I were loading our boat with 4 pounders. I also remember Pat having a great sense of humor. Rest in peace Pat, you made our once in a lifetime trip really special.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

John Barron wrote:Our sincere condolences to the Donahoe family and friends. Our community lost an allstar and class act
John and Marla Barron
For those of you who didn't know, both John and Marla died from Covid early last year, before the vaccines were available. They were both good people, and are missed.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY