Jimmy Reese...Coming of Age...

BassTraveler

Jimmy Reese...Coming of Age...

Post by BassTraveler »

It has now been about thirteen years since I read the book by Napoleon Hill, "Think and Grow Rich."
Even though I took alot away from the book, there were two things that stood out. I still remember them to this day.
One, being that a man does not become most productive with himself until he reaches forty years of age.
The second, is a man with a strong sense of family is much more successfull that a man with no family.

Congratulations on the course you are on...you are what this sport is all about. :wink:

Your friend,
Sieg
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com
Hardshell

So, I guess us Ol' guy's time has come and gone????????????

Post by Hardshell »

We won't talk about what age that happens. Like they say "I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was"!
And yes, family comes first no matter what. You are a good man Bass Traveler, no B.S. there. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seeya @ Shasta
Hardshell- Jailer
Bob Myskey

Re: Jimmy Reese...Coming of Age...

Post by Bob Myskey »

Hey Jimmy, Great Job, Your second place finish at Shasta and your finish at Havasau with only one day's practice and now your win here at Clear Lake show's that you are indeed one of the best. I know that people say home water's are an advantage, but you figured it out under tough conditions and put it all together to beat some very talented people. This is my home water's and I actually started on day one on your fourth day's spot. I hit it on day one and on day two and could not get the fish to go. I admire and respect someone's ability to figure out where and what these fish want. I hate getting beat as bad as I did but that only make's me want to try harder the next time. This was not a fluke, You are the man, thank's for being straight up about how you did it. Bob Myskey
SABP

Congratulations Jimmy!!

Post by SABP »

Great job this past weekend. Good to see you get a big win. Now go back East with your brother so the rest of us can have a chance. (just kidding) Har. I know your family comes first. I guess we will just have to put up with you terrorizing us every weekend.

Awesome tournament.

Damon
JimmyReese

Re: Jimmy Reese...Coming of Age...

Post by JimmyReese »

Thanks sieg,

I appreciate you letting everyone know how old I am!! :)

You are very observant, and yes I do have my priorities in line, but it hasn't always been that way.....I am very blessed to have a wonderful wife and three incredible children, not to mention an incredible mother that runs my business while I am away, and two great brothers that think they can catch fish too! :lol:

I have surrounded myself with some very unselfish and very nuturing friends as well, and this is truely what life is all about. its friends like yourself sieg and gary and john and steve and greg and stuart and scott and jeff and so on, that gives each day a purpose....Life is good! With or without Fishing....

You know,....each day it seems....I meet more and more really good people....and I mean"good"as in...a Big Heart, someone that is willing to put someone else before themselves.....I only wish I had more time to get to know these people.

During the FLW tournament this week I fished with 4 great guys...on the last day I fished with Andy scholz, he is the owner of Dandy Baits. First of all this guy was a great fisherman, but most importantly this guy really had his priorties in place. He really humbled me! If you listened to his speech on stage you would understand what I am talking about......He made my wife tear up a few times....And only my dirty laundry can do that!

Sorry I missed the spighetti feed....we need to do dinner...I guess its my treat!
Thanks again!
F!$# on!
Jimmy Reese