Best bass boat on the market

mrbassin0614

Best bass boat on the market

Post by mrbassin0614 »

Who do you think makes the best bass boat on the market and why do you think so? I personally thinnk Ranger! I know guys that work at the ranger plant (where they now make rangers, strat, and tritons) and they say that the fyber glass on the rangers are much better. And he works in the scientific part of how these boats are made.
mrbassin0614

Re: Best bass boat on the market

Post by mrbassin0614 »

think*, fiber*
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

The best boat on the market is whatever you can afford. No joke!
Marley

Post by Marley »

Any quality boat company is going to offer a lifetime hull warranty. My question is why are bass boats so damn expensive? It's fiberglass, carpet and a motor. What's a new 20/21 ft boat cost? 50-70K? Then you have to take into account gas,gear,maintanace, etc. Not a cheap sport, but you know what they say "you gotta pay to play".
Larry Hemphill

10 Ranger boats - ALL wonderful!!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I started in 1981 with a Ranger 335V (16ft 10in hot rod) with an in-line Mercury 140. I am now on Ranger number 10, several feet longer at 21ft 3 in (Z521). My clients could probably play soccer on the front deck if the fishing slowed. I will never bad-mouth another brand of bass boat - they are all good now. I can say honestly that I have never had a serious problem with any of my Rangers. A few minor problems with motors but since I don't race them in tournaments, never a major problem - 7 Mercs and now my third Evinrude (250HD). I have loved every Ranger I've owned and always have a waiting list when I sell them and as far as I know, those folks continued to have trouble free boating for year after year. My only problem is they kept getting longer and I had to enlarge my garage. That cost a few coins!!!!!
Ray Coleman

Post by Ray Coleman »

Whatever boat you are trying to sell at the time. Just kidding. They ate all good. It boils down to a Chevy Ford type argument.
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

I believe there is a pecking order in bass boats. Still, I have owned four--all new and all different brands--and they served me just fine--at the time. I do think such things as extended hull or outboard warranties and are more about marketing (or the acknowledgement that bass boats just breakdown more than cars). For example, if you're 25 now and tournament regular, will you still be driving that rig when you're my age? I don't think so. And you probably won't be using the same rods and reels either. If a boat does what you need for what you can afford, as was noted above, that's a pretty hard combo to beat. But only if you feel you are going to have to "settle" for something not quite what you want--don't spend the money. Wait till you can afford it.
jloo283

Post by jloo283 »

This is a question I've always pondered and debated with people. I think it comes down to the hull and things that are part of the hull specific to each MFG. Everything else is pretty much off the shelf components. Just about any boat MFG or anyone can add those.

Comparing boats in similar classes, I can't think of anything on a hull that can objectively identify a boat to be 'the best.' What measurable qualities or lack thereof can we use to argue that a $65K Ranger package is the best over a $45K Nitro Z9 package?

Of course the guys with boats like that are the serious big-time pros right :lol: so one would be dumb not to get a Ranger if fishing for Ranger cup prizes.

James
DL

Post by DL »

mrbassin0614 wrote:Who do you think makes the best bass boat on the market and why do you think so?
Mine, because its mine. :mrgreen:
"Feel the steel"
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

BASSCAT, Ranger,Champion, Skeeter, Charger, Allison, Triton, ........ETC...... Take your pick ALL GREAT BOATS!!!!!!!!!!! But I love my KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
ppickerell

Post by ppickerell »

Champ rules for big water (Delta Clear Lake)
02 Champion 206 DC Elite
Bobber Lobber
TXRIGGED

Post by TXRIGGED »

I grew up under a father who bled Ranger, so I'm somewhat biased, and I own a Z20. I've done the co-angler thing and have been on a wide variety of boats. Here's my take:

Ranger truly is a cadillac of bass fishing boats, when you stop and fish, they fish well....meaning that the platform is steady, not a ton of rockin' around.

When the water is rough out there, and I draw a dude with a Champion (now Stratos), I'm stoked. Nothin' takes on that rough water like a Champ. They definitely rock around a little more due to the deep hull when fishin', just a little deal I've noticed.

Skeeters are pretty good in rough water, was on one at Mohave takin' on some huge ones in the main basin once, not too bad. They're fast, and fish pretty well. B. Skinner runs one and probably has some good things to say about 'em.

Not totally familiar with the new Phenix boats, other than I've looked around Derek Y.'s in the parking lot and it's got a lot of cool features. Removeable passenger console, slick compartments, etc. It's fast as heck and I would think it would get a unfavorable mark for rough water.

Nitro, what can you say, KVD like's 'em. They pretty much have it all when looking at total value. Reasonable price, pretty damn fast, handle rough water like a Champ, and have plenty of room. Just don't get the center dual console version. I fished on one in a pro/am once and I thought it was the worst feature in the world crawling over my rods to get to the back deck to fish.

So, my rankings would be:
Ranger
Nitro
Skeeter
Champ/Stratos
Phenix
float tube
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Kevin wrote:The best boat on the market is whatever you can afford. No joke!
Best post on this subject!!
CN

Post by CN »

Ranger for all around package. I know one thing I sure would like to take a ride in an Allison. I was down at Nacimiento last week and there was one that launched when we did that looked pretty new with a 250hp Merc on it a man he left me behind like I was in a 12' Aluminum with a 10hp on it. I swear that boat was doing 90mph, which it probably wasnt but dang talk about getting to the spot first.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

The real difference is in hull design. I had a Skeeter that was fast but would slide in a power turn. My Champ 206 was the best in turning on a dime and handling those huge waves at Mead in the wind. My buddy's Ranger handles similar to the Champ and those hulls are designed right. I am sure there are a number of hulls that handle well in all conditions.
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Ranger has the best overall bass boats, Skeeter a close second, when you consider product support, local dealers, resale value, construction, compartment layout and how well the boat fishes. Speed it's hard to beat Bullet or Allison. Basscat is a solid handling boat amoung lots of others. It comes down to what you can afford or what fits your needs.
Tom
mrbassin0614

Post by mrbassin0614 »

Alisson is fast but not well in rough water.
kb

Post by kb »

There are many great boats out there no doubt. Let me throw my hat in the ring for Triton, as you all know they are built in the Flippin, AR production facility. They ride great, have great storage and livewells and with the Triton Gold Program if you win a tournament with over 60 boats in any of the following events you can win up to $7000 cash money......

Future Pro Tour
FLW Outdoors
Best Bass Tournaments
WON Bass
Northwest Bass
ABA
Bass Federation

Check out the entire Triton Gold program at tritonboats.com or contact Gone Fishin Marine or Nixon's Marine our dealers in CA and WA....................

Got any questions on a Triton drop me a line.....if you are interested in any of the other brands by all means contact your local dealer and get the rundown on their boats as well......................

Kent Brown
Triton Boats
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
fishn4bass

Post by fishn4bass »

I would give BassCat a look.They have been family owned for over 35 years,best customer service in the business.Lifetime transferable hull warranty.They fish very well,handle well in all conditions,tons or storage,excellent fit and finish.They are all awesome boats these day's.Like what's already been said.The right Bass boat is the one you like and most importantly it's the one you can afford.
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

If I were buying, I'd take a good look at a Stratos. The 201 XLE is awesome. Fast, fishes well, good rough water ride, competitively priced.
MikeSouza

Post by MikeSouza »

If someone told me I could pick out ANY bassboat tomorrow and they'd pay for it. I would be on the phone at 8am calling Rick Pierce at BassCat.
http://www.omegacustomtackle.com
http://www.savephace.com
http://fishingsponsors.com
gigotem

Post by gigotem »

Charger boats by far.www.chargerboats.com