Castaic Inspections????

TEAMDEADMONEY

Castaic Inspections????

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Hey Guys.. can you give me the lowdown on the inspection process at Castaic??? Mark? Anyone? Im thinking about heading up to castaic for the NBW event there tomorrow night and need the details on the process..

thanks in advance..

Pete
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
kane-o

Re: Castaic Inspections????

Post by kane-o »

pete, its pretty tough... go to the castaic site and it shows you what to do. john barron has a 5 part video on how to pass inspection.. just like dvl, all your compartments, lockers, bilge, drain plug, trim your motor, check your trailer, etc... im sure you will be fine.. mid morning inspections can take you a while... lots of BIG ski boats and out of state boats... ive seen the line as long as 20 boats waiting for inspection.. and its l.a. city, so there short handed all the time.. come pre fish and get inspected during the week at opening... :wink:
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Does Castaic accept a tag from Perris??

Pete
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Pete...I am almost positive they do not accept a tag from Perris. I know that Piru, Pyramid and Castaic all accept each others tags and hopefully soon Cachuma will be a part of that as well. Call the lake to verify though.
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Phil. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

They accepted my tag from Silverwood ;)

I think DVL is then only lake that doesn't accept any of the other So Cal tags. I round robin through all the other So Cal lakes (except Perris).
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

Pete, it's the normal inspection. If you're going tomorrow night, you will need to go to the main ramp for the inspection, then go around to the west ramp for the launch. If you launch to check out the lake before the tournie, save your entry ticket because you don't have to pay twice.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

well I was on the phone with 3 different people today at the lake.... Each of them said that they DO ACCEPT Perris tags.. The last person I spoke to was a guy named Eric who said he was a superintendant and he assured me that they do take the tag from Perris... I just wanted to be absolutely sure because Im driving 130 miles one way to get there.
Hey Gary when did they accept your Silverwood tag? Did silverwood have the green zip tag like Perris and Silverwood does now?? Because there isnt any words on that tag indentifing it as from Perris..

Thanks guys

Pete 8)
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

Pete,

Silverwood does have the green ziptie tags. Maybe for 1 month now.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

TEAMDEADMONEY wrote:well I was on the phone with 3 different people today at the lake.... Each of them said that they DO ACCEPT Perris tags.. The last person I spoke to was a guy named Eric who said he was a superintendant and he assured me that they do take the tag from Perris... I just wanted to be absolutely sure because Im driving 130 miles one way to get there.
Hey Gary when did they accept your Silverwood tag? Did silverwood have the green zip tag like Perris and Silverwood does now?? Because there isnt any words on that tag indentifing it as from Perris..

Thanks guys

Pete 8)
Pete, I guess this was a month or two back... pre-zip tie it sounds like. The tag had CA State Parks on it. It was the same material as the Castaic tags. Piru uses a wire and clasp. So if Castaic knows what the State Parks are using, and can recognize it, you should be good!
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Yeah Gary, I looked closer at the tag and it DOES say Perris and SIlverwoodSRA tag on it or something like that... I just didnt notice when I glanced at it yesterday whenthe guy put it on..

Thanks Guys

Pete
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Just leave some fish for me to catch on Saturday morning :lol: