Siemantel walks away with the money!!!

likeflames

Siemantel walks away with the money!!!

Post by likeflames »

Congratulations to Bill, who pulled off a huge win Saturday night at the “ABA” Piru night team event.

He not only thought outside the box, and fished the Marina docks; he won nearly $3600.00 and big bass of the event, by beating almost 40 teams by 2 pounds single handily.

This is why he is a true pro-angler and hall of fame member.

A fan :D
littlebailey

Re: Siemantel walks away with the money!!!

Post by littlebailey »

Congrats to Bill. Just wondering, who all these random fans are that keep pumping him up on here. does he have a bait coming out again or maybe another video he thought of all by himself? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Paul,
Rumor has it that Bill was using something with LED lights in it, for night fishing.
And I'm pretty sure he drove away with the cash! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Team Davies

Post by Team Davies »

In due time we will all know what he used.

Team Davies
DeLynn
Bert

Post by Bert »

I have friends that fish Piru all the time we have talked about fishing docks because I do here in the south and they tell me its against Lake Regulations.So has this changed??? I would like to tell my buddys because dock fishing here produces great fishing.
sniper

Post by sniper »

Haha Ha Haha

Docks, buoy lines...................blah blah blah.
It's all the same!
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Bill, is that you pumping yourself up again? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

In my NBW derbies, I'm ok with anyone fishing the docks as long as the boat is not resting up against them. 20 feet rule.
likeflames

Post by likeflames »

Bill does not have to break any rules to win. I have seen him fish on videos and on TV-he is a pro.
Just keeping it in the BBZ.

A Fan :?
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

likeflames wrote:Bill does not have to break any rules to win. I have seen him fish on videos and on TV-he is a pro.
Just keeping it in the BBZ.

A Fan :?
Always nice to have Mike Jones in the house. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

It is Bill himself!!!! hahahaha tootin his own horn on westernbass. Unreal! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
bass king

Post by bass king »

littlebailey wrote:It is Bill himself!!!! hahahaha tootin his own horn on westernbass. Unreal! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

roflmao.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Clarification:
I'm pretty sure the blinking "Eat me!" LED lighted lure is legal.
I'm not sure about the "Here fishy, fishy, fishy" fish call, but that probably falls under the same heading as the Hydrowave unit. :wink:

Seriously, if Bill were cheating, for as long as he's been fishing, he would have been caught by now. I know he volunteered to take a polygraph after the whole Mike Hart incident, to clear up any lingering questions.
I'm guessing he just knows what he's doing when it comes to fishing for bass.
CLEAN AND DRY
likeflames

Post by likeflames »

“Seriously, if Bill were cheating, for as long as he's been fishing, he would have been caught by now. I know he volunteered to take a polygraph after the whole Mike Hart incident, to clear up any lingering questions.
I'm guessing he just knows what he's doing when it comes to fishing for bass. “ Mark Poulson

Come on guys…cheat???

Bill has set the standard all anglers should look up to. Developing lures, and techniques that not only help him put big bass in the boat, but all of us. He not only volunteered for the test, it proves his honor and integrity. Mike Hart was lucky to have fished with him, too bad more of Bill’s character did not rub off on him. If anyone can say or prove differently, go for it…love to hear it!

Keep it in the BBZ

A Fan :D :D :D
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

You really signed up to post this? :lol:

I'd be embarassed to be on someone's nuts like this.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thats what im sayin! dude has issues.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

He should get home right away, take a shower and wash the shame off. :lol:
Team Davies

Post by Team Davies »

Paul to answer you're question about a new bait, not that I know of but Bill's mind is always thinking of different ways to catch more and bigger fish than the rest of us. With that being said Bill has had some input with something that Team Davies is in the process of setting up to start selling in the very near future. Think about all those night tournaments at Casitas that we would sit on the same spot and would most of the time come in with big bags. As I said in my earlier post In due time everyone will know what Bill was using.

Team Davies
DeLynn
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

To be honest i was just making fun of Bill. The way he goes about things is strange to say the least. We all know he hit up a friend to give him a confidence boost because he didnt get any press for his win. Its Bill and thats the way he roles. What ever floats his boat! Must suck to have to write your own press release when your such a big time pro. :D
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

This is just plain funny....and a little sad. Bailey called it! If fishing drove me to do things like this I don't think it would be fun anymore. Funny that the guy talking about "honor and integrity" can't sign his name......

Jon
Lynne

Post by Lynne »

Bill, Great job on the win,

You are #1 in so many areas, integrity, honesty, honor, compassionate, giving, a great fishermen, a great person, professional, someone who saves lives on and off the water. The list is long.

Best to you always, Bill,

Your friends,
Mike and Lynne Peterson
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

Lynne wrote:Bill, Great job on the win,

You are #1 in so many areas, integrity, honesty, honor, compassionate, giving, a great fishermen, a great person, professional, someone who saves lives on and off the water. The list is long.

Best to you always, Bill,

Your friends,
Mike and Lynne Peterson

+1
Along with many others , once again nice job. Dont let the jelousy of your many successes take from what you work so hard for. Your have made a permanent spot in this industry for yourself. Be proud of it. :wink: forget about these guys that cant handle there own failures.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Your right Ron! im a failure because i called him out. :D :D :D Get off his #$@! you might hurt him. :D
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

Guys...please take this conversation elsewhere. It has gone a bad direction and enough is enough. If I caught it sooner I would have stopped it sooner. Thanks.
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Sorry John. It was a joke. i took it too far. Sorry for that. :wink:
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Caudawg wrote:Guys...please take this conversation elsewhere. It has gone a bad direction and enough is enough. If I caught it sooner I would have stopped it sooner. Thanks.
If guys are going to sign up just to promote themselves or friends, this is what's going to happen. Maybe members should have to actually contribute something to the forum before being allowed to start any threads. It would eliminate the first post spam guys. Make it so you need to have 10-20 posts in the forum before you can create a thread. Just a thought.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Dont really feel that Bill needs to promote himself. His accomplishments speek for themselves. He is one of the best in the West. Team tournaments are just that, Team events. I know its great to try and win all the funds for yourself, but when guys fish solo its always going to create drama here and on the water. Maybe that rule needs to be addressed. Also I dont include the occasional , my partner is sick-working deal, just full time solo acts. Want to win more money? Pro-ams. my .02.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

Rick G wrote:Dont really feel that Bill needs to promote himself. His accomplishments speek for themselves. He is one of the best in the West. Team tournaments are just that, Team events. I know its great to try and win all the funds for yourself, but when guys fish solo its always going to create drama here and on the water. Maybe that rule needs to be addressed. Also I dont include the occasional , my partner is sick-working deal, just full time solo acts. Want to win more money? Pro-ams. my .02.
+1 to TEAMS being TEAMS!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Derrek Stewart

Post by Derrek Stewart »

Many assumptions here that are way off base. I can state as fact that Bill asked me to fish this particular event with him. Just my luck I couldn't make it. If you KNOW something then say it. Otherwise you're just guessing. Guessing in multiple directions and guessing very poorly. Wow this piece is now all over the place. Secret self promotion, cheating, backhanded compliments, fishing team events solo is bad... No it is not bad, it just sucks when your team with two rods gets beat by one.

To say that if guys sign up on WB just to promote someone or if fishing a team event solo is what brings this on, is to also suggest that people don't have a choice in how they speak and respond. That is not quite correct. It might be true that some people can't help themselves and are not capable of seeing a choice but that doesn't mean that a choice is not available. It is not Bill's actions or this thread that was started by an unknown poster that causes this type of dialog. No it is the direct effort of people who react with unfounded speculation, negativity, and criticism.

Think about this but first I need you to be informed before you reply. If any of you were in the Hall of Fame, a book and DVD author, a lure designer, a web site host, pinned countless internet - magazine - radio articles, a YouTube channel host, a Ford Truck commercial spokesman, have recorded tremendous amount of big fish catches, great tournament results and have legitimate sponsors, if this is your resume would you A) know something about effective promotion? B) belittle yourself by resorting to cheap tricks? C) Need the praise of this forum? The answers to A B and C should be obvious.

It seems to me some of you should just admit that you simply don't like Bill Siemantel. It is ok go ahead I don't think anyone will get mad or lose sleep over it. Just be honest (Ironic) and write it behind your name, or hide if it helps, just put it out there and you might feel better. In doing so you will acknowledge what motivates you to post on threads like this one. Then we can all finally come to the point where we need to be, done with this, done with wasting time.

As a friend of Bill's I know, let me say it again I know that he would very much rather avoid this type of attention and lame dialog.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

But...but...but...Derrek.
What about the LED fishing lures and the "Here fishey, fishey" fish call?
Are you ascared to address the really important issues?
CLEAN AND DRY
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

"Think about this but first I need you to be informed before you reply. If any of you were in the Hall of Fame, a book and DVD author, a lure designer, a web site host, pinned countless internet - magazine - radio articles, a YouTube channel host, a Ford Truck commercial spokesman, have recorded tremendous amount of big fish catches, great tournament results and have legitimate sponsors, if this is your resume would you A) know something about effective promotion? B) belittle yourself by resorting to cheap tricks? C) Need the praise of this forum? The answers to A B and C should be obvious"

I know its real obvious. YES or else he wouldnt have posted this in the first place. Notice how he hasnt come on and said who did it. hmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder why? :oops: :oops: :oops:

He just has you guys jumping on making it even worse. :lol:
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

Guys...just go fishing and have fun. Share with us how you caught them, post a pic, shoot a video, promote your sponsors in a classy and progressive way, be positive and honest. Or don't post at all.

We bust our fannies to bring you guys and gals the best website experience we can. This is not an easy task. Many of our efforts (i.e. filming at ICAST, producing a very cool, FREE magazine, constantly upgrading our site features, etc) go without any accolades...which is unfortunate. But I guess it goes with the territory.

Wayne and I (as well as our dedicated staff!), try to offer you all a website where you can share your experiences, discuss topics, promote yourself and your sponsors (because this is what makes things work in our world), and learn from others.

When issues come up like this, Wayne and I spend way too much time deciding how to handle these situations in a way that will:
1. Be in our member's best interest
2. Be in our sponsor's best interest.
3. Be in our business's best interest
AND NOT PISS TOO MANY PEOPLE OFF ALONG THE WAY!!

We like to think we have done a good job cleaning up a lot of the "stuff" that has driven some of our site users away in years past. We strive to create a much more positive/family friendly atmosphere by cracking down on the trash talk, back biting, unfair statements by anonymous posters etc. Yeah, we lost a bunch of folks as a result...but we actually have gained a lot of members back who had left because this site became pretty negative in many ways. Plus, we are gaining new members at a record rate. That, we are proud of!

Guys, I am a tournament angler just like many of you. I know there are strong opinions out there about many issues. But this is not a "freedom of speech" platform for posters to post anything they want. We are here as a valuable resource for anglers of all levels. We provide a platform to share, converse, learn and promote along the way. We bring you a very cool magazine that is loaded with great information. We film and share video content more and more each day. We provide a platform to all tournament organizations to communicate with their anglers and their prospective anglers...and a platform for anglers to communicate with the tournament org's too.

Our goal is to be the very best bass fishing website we can be. And we continue to work on this site to make improvements every day. And again, it's all available to anyone worldwide FOR FREE!!

I am sorry for the lengthiness of this post...but Wayne and I just want you to know that our goal is to continue to make this the #1 Bass Fishing Website and magazine in the West!!!

Please remember that this is why we are here, why we have tremendous sponsor/advertiser support and why our membership continues to grow at a record rate.

If you would like to share your thoughts or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact us in person via PM, email or by phone.

Thank you for reading this lengthy post. We appreciate you, our members and welcome your thoughts.

My email is john@westernbass.com
Wayne can be reached at wayneg@westernbass.com
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

WOW! This long exhausting post is based on someone not liking or agreeing with another for self promoting! You do this every day of your life whether you know it or not. Think about it but not to hard don't want yuze to blow a fuze. Unreal......
Rob Dickson

Post by Rob Dickson »

hmmmm
Attachments
baby tool.jpg
baby tool.jpg (14.22 KiB) Viewed 5910 times
likeflames

Post by likeflames »

A quote regarding an athlete participating in the Olympics… “Painting Jones as a shameless self-promoter is as unfair as portraying her as a passive victim of a crass sports economy. In the end she’s just another participant in a distinctively strange quadrennial phenomenon. If there's anything sad or cynical about that, it has less to do with Jones herself than the contemporary Olympics. Longman's greatest error, finally, is one of perspective: he piles hate on the player when he really hates the Games.” New York Times
EVERY SPORT HAS IT’S PARALLELS……Where is your almost 20 pounder? Keep it in the BBZ
Bill.jpg
Bill.jpg (24.53 KiB) Viewed 5784 times
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

Since you know BIll so good. Will he ever step up to FLW or any Major tournies. After all, to be big you gotta win with the bigboys right?
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

i wont post my pic with my almost 20 lber because this is getting pathetic. I understand that back in the 80s Bill was bigtime. Now he just fishes team tournies solo and sits at home writing stories about himself to post online. :lol: :lol: :lol: No doubt Bill can fish with the best but come on bro. Between the tool and the bait you swiped a pic of that the posse designed while we were eating in the cafe. your bait isnt original at all. If people only new the real story about all of your self proclaimed accomplishments. :roll: :roll: Just got called out AGAIN cause you couldnt stay off the net. :lol: :lol:
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
darrell

Post by darrell »

regarding the last post by the posse what does it mean