Buyers Remorse--HDS-8

birdi23nls

Buyers Remorse--HDS-8

Post by birdi23nls »

I just purchased a brand new hds 8 gen 1 in an unopened box. It has insight and all the items that come with the unit. Everything is new.

I am having some buyers remorse do to the fact that I put a bid in on eBay and was not thinking that I had a chance at the unit for the price I bid.

So question. What price is a fair price for this unit?
What price would be a good deal on the unit for the buyer but the seller is also getting a fair price.

Thanks!
Last edited by birdi23nls on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jared
e-mail: Birdi23nls@aol.com

www.mayhemlures.com
split172

Re: Buyers Remorse--HDS-8

Post by split172 »

Bnib gen 1 I have seen $950-$1200. If its what you wanted then who cares.
birdi23nls

Post by birdi23nls »

I hear what your saying :) Just trying to get a feel for what these are worth do to the fact that I was not actually expecting to win. I got it for a pretty good price, I just never really made up my mind that I definitly wanted that unit, I was just bidding to gauge if anyone had a max bid going that was automatically bidding for them (stupid on my part, I know). I may keep it, or resale...anyone in the market :D
Jared

www.mayhemlures.com
CN

Post by CN »

birdi23nls wrote:I hear what your saying :) Just trying to get a feel for what these are worth do to the fact that I was not actually expecting to win. I got it for a pretty good price, I just never really made up my mind that I definitly wanted that unit, I was just bidding to gauge if anyone had a max bid going that was automatically bidding for them (stupid on my part, I know). I may keep it, or resale...anyone in the market :D
I might be interested. If you want you can E-MAIL a price to MIKE.NANCE@FERGUSON.COM. I don't check the PM here.
bass hmoob yaj

Post by bass hmoob yaj »

So you didn't really want the unit, but still outbid the buyers who did? Awesome.
bassrippin365

Post by bassrippin365 »

Birdi23nLs you have a pm.
birdi23nls

Post by birdi23nls »

For those of who are interested. I'll get back to you if I sale it. I'm probably goimg to keep it...I just bought an hds 7 gen 2 for the front to replace an old unit that went out. I have to decide if i want to upgrade all my electronics and do the LSS stuff for both units or if I'm just going to keep my old stuff in the back.

One more question on this. If you had an hds 8 and 7 and I'm probably buying a LSS. Would you put the big one or small one up front? Why?
Jared

www.mayhemlures.com
split172

Post by split172 »

I think that depends how you fish? Do you fish different bodies of water and rely on mapping to navigate? Then the larger screen at console seems better. Especially if you are multitasking and have different screens open.
stratos4me

Post by stratos4me »

For me, it's about how far away the screen is from my eyes. It's hard to see a little screen sometimes if it is deck mounted on the bow and you're standing. On the other hand, the unit at your console is usually only a foot or two from your eyes. So...I would put the bigger unit at the bow and the smaller screen at the console. The other option is to somehow mount the bow unit higher, but that can get in the way depending how you fish.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If you're getting the structure scan, and plan to hook both units up to it, put the biggest screen you can on the bow, where you spend most of your time.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
kb

Post by kb »

First off you will only need one LSS1 Structure Scan and the ethernet cable to hook the two units up together. They have the same plug-ins so install the units on RAM mounts and that way you can switch them back and forth. If you want the bigger GPS screen on the Delta put it on the console and if you want the big screen for Oroville or Shasta on the bow you can put it up there as well. You can also remove the electronics if you are at a marina or hotel overnight and secure them in your room........

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Most of your fishing time is spent on the front so put the 8 up on the bow. I run an 8 and 7 both are on ram mounts so position is interchangeable. With the LSS1 gps info is shared between both units. I ran two Hds5 before but my eyes are not as sharp so it was getting harder to see on the smaller screens especially when you split screen. 7 at the console is plenty big enough to see mapping and structure scan because it's less than 24 inches away. The 8 mounted to the floor on a ram mount I can easily see a three way split screen which is very nice.
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell