U.S. Open draw

Pixfish

U.S. Open draw

Post by Pixfish »

Does anyone know where can I find the US Open draw results? thanks.
N.A.R

Re: U.S. Open draw

Post by N.A.R »

You can only find the first days draw...by comparing weights..After that its a guessing game. After day one, I have seen some "ODD" draws to say the least.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

In the past the draws went like this. If you were in the first flight the first day, you were in the 4th the next day and the 8th flight the last day. This year for some reason if you were in the 1st flight the first day and the 4th the second, they then did a re-draw and you could have been anywhere. That ment that some guys could have had a late flight and got an extra hour and a half to fish more than others. Not a good plan and I am not sure why the change, but did hear alot of grumbling about that. Overall though a well ran event with lots of positive's. Loved the carts up and down the ramp and the coolair's under the tent. Very nice. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Rick G wrote:In the past the draws went like this. If you were in the first flight the first day, you were in the 4th the next day and the 8th flight the last day. This year for some reason if you were in the 1st flight the first day and the 4th the second, they then did a re-draw and you could have been anywhere. That ment that some guys could have had a late flight and got an extra hour and a half to fish more than others. Not a good plan and I am not sure why the change, but did hear alot of grumbling about that. Overall though a well ran event with lots of positive's. Loved the carts up and down the ramp and the coolair's under the tent. Very nice. Rick G.

Couldn't agree more about the 3rd day. Many got a lot more time over 3 days than others like you said to the tube of 1.5 hours and on mead that's like a whole day in the afternoon itself. I asked about this on day 2 only to be told it is what it is and there software didn't accommodate for 3 days and it's the best they could do. Hopefully next year it's all fixed and everyone has the same advantages. Overall was a great run event and a lot of fun! Bass one and DanO did an awesome job with the live feed!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sheesh.. all i needed was two extra minutes for day 2. That storm coming thru was insane. 3-4 footers, pelting rain, 40 mph winds. Note to self. Bring the SavePhase.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
WON BASSIN

Post by WON BASSIN »

There is always room for improvement.... Been working on all the issues since taking over Won Bass, and I must say that we have ironed out almost all of them. The flight cards that were handed to both the Pro's and the AAA's was a huge success. To leave a draw and know who and when your fishing for three days with names and phone numbers was a hit with the anglers. Beside the limited phone calls at 11:00 PM asking who I fish with, and why my pro has not called yet. The pairing was... well what it was. The best we could do, as I was still fixing the software until late Saturday night, and realized the design had some flaws. The third day was completely random, and random is what it is! Could have worked out either way for many. Myself and my team are always working to better our events, and we understand that there are always things to improve on, and as long as I am at the helm, I will do my best to bring the best product to you the anglers.

The "LIVE" broadcast was a huge success and we broke many records for Mark Jeffreys and his team. He has been doing this stuff for over 20 years for all the major events like BASS and the Elite series events, and has NEVER....EVER had to buy additional space for any show he has ever produced. During this years Open, not only did he have to buy additional space on the second day, but he subsequently had to purchase additional space 2 more times during the final weigh ins and the awards. They joked that we are breaking records with a RAFFLE... which I thought was crazy, and funny at the same time.

We will once again be determined to produce an even better U.S. Open 2013, and look forward to improving an already outstanding event.

Things on the list for next year....

Digital display Leader Board....
Daily online Leader and Big fish counts
Better stage quality sound and more interaction with the fans....
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
stan7

Post by stan7 »

Hey Billy,

The pairing cards were a great idea. As far as making the fishing times feel more equal, I guess you could randomize all three days? Somebody is always going to get the short stick.

I thought things went very smoothly. The real-time digital leaderboard is a cool idea, they had it at the Lucas Oil event and it worked great. Maybe a real-time big fish board as well?

The only other thing I over heard was "which boat is it???" at blast-off. It was hard to hear the bullhorn with all the motor running even up by the front. Maybe a lighted digital boat-number sign? It might be a stretch, but I know some engineers... :wink:
Attachments
Lucas Oil Leaderboard.jpg
Lucas Oil Leaderboard.jpg (94.88 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
TXRIGGED

Post by TXRIGGED »

The serpentine method works great........just add a fourth day of competition. Boat #'s 1-150 in that order on day 1. Boat #'s 150-1 in that order on day 2. Boat #'s 1-150 in that order on day 3. Boat #'s 150-1 in that order on day 4. I'm definitely down for a 4 day event!!