Castaic Bass Club Challenge

mark poulson

Castaic Bass Club Challenge

Post by mark poulson »

Club Member of SoCal,
It's time to start planning to compete in this year's annual Manny Nunez Memorial Club Challenge, hosted by the Castaic Bass Club, and it's still free.
Once again, it's being held Sunday, September 16, at Castaic Lake .
We will launch from the West Ramp, and the lake opens at 6:30. We will have the West Ramp gate open early for our entry.
The event is open to all members of chartered, insured bass clubs from the Southern California area, from San Diego to San Luis Obisbo, and from the Pacific to the Nevada border.
There is no entry fee, other than the actual vehicle and boat launch fees the Lake charges, $24, unless you already have annual passes.
Castaic is a quagga-free, clean and dry lake, and have a strict inspection regime in place, so having your boat both clean and dry is mandatory for admittance.
If you are already cabled by another SoCal lake, such as Piru, Pyramid, or Cachuma, your cabling will be accepted by Castaic and you're good to go.
The lake does remove you cabling, and record the info off it, so the whole system keeps track of where you've been.
Here's a link to the Lake 's website, which has further info: http://www.castaiclake.com/index.html

There is no minimum number of boats per club for participation, so if only one boat shows up from you club, they can still compete.
There is a two club member per boat limit. This is a friendly competition, so we limit it to actual club members.
The weights of the three biggest bags from each club will be combined and will be the official weight of that club.
The club with the heaviest combined weight will be this year's winner, and will have their name engraved on the perpetual tophy, which is on permanent display at Lakeside Marine in Castaic.

Pre-registration is critical in helping us get the Challenge launched on time.
Please contact one of our club officers with the head count and team pairing names as soon as you have them, so we can get all that info into the computer ahead of time. Registration cut off date will be Wednesday, September 12. This will really speed the process at the lake on Challenge day.
Here's a list of contact info:
Officer's Title
Name (click to email)
Phone #
President
Mike Iljin
(213) 760-8845
VP/Tournament Director
Ron Licari
(661) 294-8393
Treasurer
Kevin Miner
(661) 313-2961
Weighmaster
Gary Fiala
(949) 525-6130
Secretary
Gary Priddy
(661) 225-7836
President's Assistant & Webmaster
Eddie Carr
(661) 964-8011

There will be a prelaunch meeting in the West Ramp parking lot, and registration check in will be held at the Lifeguard Kiosk at the top of the entry ramp.
Immediately after weigh-in, there will be a free BBQ, hosted by the Castaic Bass Club, in front of the Lifeguard Headquarters building, and we will have a raffle again, with lots of great products donated by our terrific sponsors.

As you can see, it's the same drill as every other year, with the exception of the Quagga inspection.
Last year, Castaic Bass Club reclaimed the top spot, by a narrow margin, after two years of victories by other clubs.
Most of you fish Castaic anyway, so there is really no home field advantage.
So there is nothing to be afraid of, unless abject humiliation at the hands of the clearly superior anglers from Castaic Bass Club worries you. Hahaha
Seriously, we look forward to seeing you again, putting names to faces, and getting a chance to fish against lots of the same guys who compete in the local tournament, but this time just for fun, and bragging rights.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
coachkevm

Re: Castaic Bass Club Challenge

Post by coachkevm »

This is always a fun and GREAT event....if you are interested in sponsoring the event by donating some product please contact me at coachkevm32@sbcglobal.net or with a PM here so that I can let you know where to send product. Your company will be recognized at the event as well as the WB site. Last year we had a ton of product that we raffled off and I am hoping to double it this year. Please consider donating to our event.
Thanks
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Phil. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me.
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

I just wanted to update everyone on some of the product that will be raffled and or given out at the event. So far Power Team lures, Boomerang Tools, Ironclad and Pizz custom baits are donating items with many more considering. This is shaping up to be a great raffle. If you have a company and or know someone that might want to help out by donating to this then contact me. Talk to your club about coming out. See everyone on September 16th.
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Just wanted to update from my last post....Roboworm, Tackle Express (Chad Curtis), Bass West Magaazine(Jamie Cyphers), Roger Laroque (Peregrine 250) are all generously donating to the raffle. This raffle is shaping up to be one of the best any tournament has seen. Stay tuned for more updates.
Last edited by coachkevm on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin

Basstaic

Post by Basstaic »

We will be there with somewhere between 7 and 10 boats. I will email you the names for our teams later this week. Thanks for putting on this great event.

Bruce
ZLF Bass Federation - President
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

That's great Bruce. Looking forward to seeing the ZLF guys again this year. When you guys know exact numbers and teams (names) just let one of the CBC officeers know that info. We would like that info as soon as possible so that we can input into the computer. We know things come up and can make changes if necessary.

All Clubs that are considering joining us....if you can start getting names to us ASAP that would help to ensure a smooth morning for everyone and we can get launched on time and won't have to wait to get all names and teams in the computer. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 16th.

P.S. The raffle is going to be HUGE!!! I have some BIG donations and really nice items. There will be some freebies for just showing up....don't be late!!!!!

Thanks
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

OK folks so we are less than a week from the Challenge tourney and I wanted to give you some of the details:
What - Manny Nunez Memorial Club Challenge, hosted by the Castaic Bass Club, and it's free.
When - Sunday, Septmeber 16 2012
Where - Castaic Lake...West Ramp
Time - 6:30am.....gate will open at 5:00am for inspections and check in. You MUST check in on the day of the tourney to get boat number and to sign up for the options if you want to.
We need to know pairings and if you are coming by this Wednesday (9/12/12). Please contact myself or one of the other club officers listed above.
We want to hold a meeting by 6am and get boats on the water by 6:15am.
This will be a 6 hour tourney and weigh ins will begin at 12:30pm followed by the free BBQ and then a HUGE raffle after the awards.
Be sure to drink plenty of water as it is supposed to be pretty hot this weekend.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.
Kevin

mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

And the last day to sign up is this Wednesday.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

58 boats......gonna be a great day!!!! Time to get'r done...
See everyone in the morning.
Kevin

Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Are you gonna post the full results?
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

Give it a week or two , it's a bass club ,not a tourny circuit. Somebody has to volunteer to type all that info into the pc with the knowledge to post it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

fishinman wrote:Give it a week or two , it's a bass club ,not a tourny circuit. Somebody has to volunteer to type all that info into the pc with the knowledge to post it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I asked "if" not "when" :mrgreen:

Just wanted to know if I should keep an eye out for them :roll:
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Here you go......

http://castaicbassclub.com/blog/?p=888

Thanks again to all the clubs for coming out!!
Kevin

Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

coachkevm wrote:Here you go......

http://castaicbassclub.com/blog/?p=888

Thanks again to all the clubs for coming out!!
Thanks Kevin! It was a good time :mrgreen: